Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think when it comes to drafting murray doesnt like to many small players. I think if we had a draft and we were going to use all our picks on guys sub 5'11 he'd veto. Not saying he wont draft a small player but i am saying he doesnt want the team made up of small weak players

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think when it comes to drafting murray doesnt like to many small players. I think if we had a draft and we were going to use all our picks on guys sub 5'11 he'd veto. Not saying he wont draft a small player but i am saying he doesnt want the team made up of small weak players

He liked Pageau & drafted Prince & traded for Connacher, there are lots of examples of Ottawa drafting smaller players. I doubt there is any preference & they draft the best player possible at the time. But in answer to your question who does want a team of small weak players, probably nobody, I know I don't. :laugh:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
He liked Pageau & drafted Prince & traded for Connacher, there are lots of examples of Ottawa drafting smaller players. I doubt there is any preference & they draft the best player possible at the time. But in answer to your question who does want a team of small weak players, probably nobody, I know I don't. :laugh:

Chicago likes some. Have that duo of 5-11, 170lbs midgets getting pushed around on their top line. :shakehead

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Chicago likes some. Have that duo of 5-11, 170lbs midgets getting pushed around on their top line. :shakehead

SO we trade a couple of big prospects like Robinson and Harpur for Panarin? Ya know, just to help out the Hawks because everybody loves a big, tall, tough team and no one likes 3 time cup winners with small skilled players who rarely hit. :sarcasm:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I wish our small players were as good as their small players but they are not, hence the problem. People love to use Chicago as an example but Ottawa is no where near as good as Chicago or it would be a moot point if they were. Pageau is not Kane.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I wish our small players were as good as their small players but they are not, hence the problem. People love to use Chicago as an example but Ottawa is no where near as good as Chicago or it would be a moot point if they were. Pageau is not Kane.

Well, I wish our big players were as good as the Kings big players, but they are not. Zib is not Kopitar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad