Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And Wick, and Bochenski, and Zubov, and Lee, and Eaves, and Noesen, and Sorensen, and Meszaros, and Peterson, and Claessen, and....

:sarcasm:

Looool I wasn't even on these boards for half those players but I did wanna see more from Wick and Claesson.

As for Sorensen... he's tearing up the SHL and just won rookie of da year and now one of the most highly touted UFAs outside of NHL. I'm disappointed we gave up on him so easily.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Looool I wasn't even on these boards for half those players but I did wanna see more from Wick and Claesson.

As for Sorensen... he's tearing up the SHL and just won rookie of da year and now one of the most highly touted UFAs outside of NHL. I'm disappointed we gave up on him so easily.

It's not so much giving up, it's that we can only have 50 contracts and Sorenson has not been interested in coming over to NA. We can't perpetually waste contracts on guys that aren't coming over to make the team. We have to have space to add at least a few contracts every year!

If he decides to come over, I'm sure his agent will contact the Sens amongst others. We did draft him after all :)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's not so much giving up, it's that we can only have 50 contracts and Sorenson has not been interested in coming over to NA. We can't perpetually waste contracts on guys that aren't coming over to make the team. We have to have space to add at least a few contracts every year!

If he decides to come over, I'm sure his agent will contact the Sens amongst others. We did draft him after all :)

But Culek was worth a spot over Sorenson!

I am in Quebec City for the weekend and will be at their game tonight, will do what I can to talk to Chabot.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

I know what you mean but like Pilgore said above, we kept other more useless contracts over him. Sorensen when he was drafted was always touted as a very raw and long-term prospect. I said it many times in many scouting reports when I seen him play. He had filthy mits and IQ but physically and consistently immature so it was shocking when we didn't qualify.

I agree though that since we drafted him it could still allow us to be front-runners for his services if he chooses to come over.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Been mentioned before, but worth pointing out again how eerily similar White's pre and post draft numbers have been to Dylan Larkin's - a player who's challenging for the Calder trophy in only his 2nd year after being drafted.

Dylan Larkin - pre-draft season
USNTDP juniors: 26GP-17G-9A-26P
US U18 team: 60GP-31G-25A-56P
US WJC-U18s: 6GP-2G-2A-4P

Post-draft season had 47 points in 35 games

Colin White - pre-draft season
USNTDP juniors: 20GP-3G-14A-17P
US U18 team: 54GP-23G-31A-54P
US WJC-U18s: 7GP-6G-3A-9P

Worth noting that White played through sickness and injury for most of the year as well.

In post-draft season and currently has 10 points in 8 games in NCAA (pro-rated to 44 points in 35 games).

Both players played as the 2nd line C on their respective USNTDP teams, Larkin behind Eichel and White behind Matthews. Both players are fast, two-way players that bring leadership and play pro-style games.

Might have hit the jackpot with this pick. Thank god for Don Sweeney's incompetence and mononucleosis.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Gagne is just so big. Scored a pretty good deflection goal when I was watching.

Hopefully he can put on a little more weight than someone like Wiercioch.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Super star.

Him and White gonna save dis team from not needing top picks to compete.

Both prospects are several years way from even being in the NHL, let alone helping this team compete.

This team needs to start competing soon or else we'll be wasting the prime years of our top players. Karlsson might even walk if this team doesn't improve in the near future.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Both prospects are several years way from even being in the NHL, let alone helping this team compete.

This team needs to start competing soon or else we'll be wasting the prime years of our top players. Karlsson might even walk if this team doesn't improve in the near future.

I agree completely but my point still stands, we wouldnt need high end picks cause these guys coming along nicely.

I dont think several years is needed. I think 1 more year after this and then impact year with Sens team.

Plus, it will allow us to be at a position of strength and package other assets on the roster for help or even the prospects themselves for immediate help.

For instance trading Colin White for a more ready Bergeron or something. Or trading Lazar instead in a package for a top end player knowing we got White on the way.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We could really use a guy like Chabot right now, can we accelerate his maturing process somehow? Put him in an oak barrel or something?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
...wow...those White & Chabot gifs...crazy good players.

I don't care what they're currently being paid....our amateur scouting staff deserves a raise.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Please don't rush Chabot into the NHL as a 19 year old, Ottawa. Just let him develop, he's doing just fine in the Q, he needs to play tons of minutes and hone his game against his peers. Everything is going perfectly with his development right now, don't screw it up.

Please. PLEASE.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Please don't rush Chabot into the NHL as a 19 year old, Ottawa. Just let him develop, he's doing just fine in the Q, he needs to play tons of minutes and hone his game against his peers. Everything is going perfectly with his development right now, don't screw it up.

Please. PLEASE.

But, but, but....

Can't he take the Karlsson path of development? I know it makes for a rough 20 yr old season with a -30 rating, but think of the Norris's... Norrisi.... Norri.. Nori

ok, now I want sushi.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

Please. PLEASE.

Hopefully Ottawa takes the Anaheim development path that they are taking with Shea Theodore.

Get a couple games in the A if his team is eliminated early, play the WJC's, then throw him in the AHL to start his pro career and only bring him up if needed.

Thing is, Ottawa doesnt have half the depth of their blueline, so its probably not going to happen like that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hopefully Ottawa takes the Anaheim development path that they are taking with Shea Theodore.

Get a couple games in the A if his team is eliminated early, play the WJC's, then throw him in the AHL to start his pro career and only bring him up if needed.

Thing is, Ottawa doesnt have half the depth of their blueline, so its probably not going to happen like that.

Why call it the Anaheim path when the Sens literally do this with every prospect they have had out of the CHL not named Lazar.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
2 more assist for Colin White today.

But here's something more interesting: toward the end of the game he got involved in a fracas with the Maine goalie and the refs sent the goalie to the penalty box!

Only in the NCAA.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Why call it the Anaheim path when the Sens literally do this with every prospect they have had out of the CHL not named Lazar.

Yes the Sens have very good player development...I would never try to argue that, but Murray tends to get a little too hyped over certain prospects like the Lazar / Zibanejad situation.

Yeah Lazar could play now, but wouldnt he be better off developing some offense in the AHL before getting thrust into a bottom six position when long term hes probably a center? He gets no PP time as of now.

Also defensemen are a different breed. It can be argued that maybe Ceci came up too quickly. In the end it may not hurt him too much but I think I wouldve liked to see more games in Bingo and a little more offense.

Ceci is a lot more physically developed at the same age vs Chabot too.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Filip Chlapik - Charlottetown (QMJHL)
Thomas Chabot - Saint John (QMJHL)
Francis Perron - Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
Gabrielle Gagne - Victoriaville (QMJHL)

Could a mod possibly put this in the first post of the thread?

It would make it a lot easier for me and maybe some others to look up and watch those guys games a little easier without having to dig too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad