Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In the one complete game I saw him (White) play this year I found he was overly unselfish. Being younger player on the team he was always looking for the vets. That was game 2 I think so ... He has the ability that's for sure.

Othello*

Colin White with 1+1 so far tonight. He also had a penalty shot but missed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he's on what is considered the "second" line with Ryan Fitzgerald and Matthew Gaudreau.

I'm not 100% sure though, I'm just going off of this blog.

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.ca/

Do not mean to nitpick.. not that it matters much

what-does-bc-look-like-post-bracco

Line 1: Wood Cangelosi Calnan Wood has been their best player
Line 2: Sanford Gilmour Tuch They were expecting alot out of Tuch slow start

Line 3 was Bracco White Fitzgerald

White and Wood are now the only Freshmen in the top 3 lines.
Wood is a Sept 95 birthdate White is a Jan 97
Wood was drafted by New Jersey in 2013 4th round.

Gaudreau moved up into Bracco's spot.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I can't believe how well he skates. I think he's on Karlsson's level in that area.

He's unquestionably an elite level skater at his age, but it's unfair to compare him to Karlsson in that regard. Pre-Cooke and non-fat Erik Karlsson probably has the best acceleration in the entire league.

I will say this, like Karlsson he has a sneakily smooth style of skating. Hardly looks like he's moving his feet but he's gaining speed like he's pumping his legs. Subtle skating like that fools defenders, and it's a very valuable trait to have.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What's your beef with Englund?

Every time I've watched him play (5 games) he's looked below average or worst player on the ice.
Until I see something different and not just hear something different I will consider him a bust. Slow slow player and bad decision making.
Of course when/if that happens I'll be more than happen to report my opinion has changed.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
White's goal.

2White.gif

He now leads BC in scoring with 4+6 in 8 games.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I wasn't lying when I said White was the guy I was most hyped about. BonkTastic don't tell tales out of turn, you were given fair warning on my part about just how good this kid can be. He's good at everything. Everything. Puck skills, 200ft game, passing, shooting, massively high hockey-IQ, leadership, coachability, transition game, skating. Isn't generationally elite anywhere, but is good at everything you want a hockey player to be good at.

Criminally underrated at the draft. White is going to make a bunch of teams look like fools for letting him drop to 21. If he's healthy last year, if he isn't plagued by nagging injuries and mono, he's a top-10 pick.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I wasn't lying when I said White was the guy I was most hyped about. BonkTastic don't tell tales out of turn, you were given fair warning on my part about just how good this kid can be. He's good at everything. Everything. Puck skills, 200ft game, passing, shooting, massively high hockey-IQ, leadership, coachability, transition game, skating. Isn't generationally elite anywhere, but is good at everything you want a hockey player to be good at.

Criminally underrated at the draft. White is going to make a bunch of teams look like fools for letting him drop to 21. If he's healthy last year, if he isn't plagued by nagging injuries and mono, he's a top-10 pick.

Now you know how I felt for Karlsson, Silfv, Noesen, Zibane and Lehner :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad