Pre-Game Talk: Senators@Leafs Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Some of you guys are just so dramatic like give me a break. Is demott being an extra in practise really the breaking point? He will be eased into the NHL like every one else. Polak is a veteran that deserves to be in the lineup. And carrick deserves to have some games throughout the season. Lets smarten up please

Reactions: francis246

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The fact Franson just cleared waivers despite supposedly good analytics is another caution to view these numbers as though gospel truth, just a piece of information weighed with other factors.

At the very least you take role into consideration. Sure he had nice stats, but if he didn't, he'd never be in the NHL again. It's a role anyone anywhere near NHL quality can handle, and probably some AHL caliber guys can even handle. Did well enough, but that does not cut it when you can't do better.

Also the reason I am harping against Borgman. Possession stats only look good until you realize he's a sheltered number 6 on this team, and then you realize it is not as good as it looks.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Some of you guys are just so dramatic like give me a break. Is demott being an extra in practise really the breaking point? He will be eased into the NHL like every one else. Polak is a veteran that deserves to be in the lineup. And carrick deserves to have some games throughout the season. Lets smarten up please
it's not a reason to lose faith in Babcock sure, but Dermott definitely deserves to be in the lineup over Polak and Carrick

Reactions: stickty111

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The fact Franson just cleared waivers despite supposedly good analytics is another caution to view these numbers as though gospel truth, just a piece of information weighed with other factors.

a part of me is going :( because I did like Franny even though he was kinda dumbo with his contract demands.. but i also know Franny is sllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
At the very least you take role into consideration. Sure he had nice stats, but if he didn't, he'd never be in the NHL again. It's a role anyone anywhere near NHL quality can handle, and probably some AHL caliber guys can even handle. Did well enough, but that does not cut it when you can't do better.

Also the reason I am harping against Borgman. Possession stats only look good until you realize he's a sheltered number 6 on this team, and then you realize it is not as good as it looks.
It's pretty common to shelter a rookie D, I'm pretty happy with Borgman so far. I think he will always be in the bottom pair and could be a good one there.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Give me a ****ing break

Whats the matter?

You need one of these??

shapeimage_1.png

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Well actually, we seem to be winning quite a few more games than we are losing.
Mugzy if your name is any indicator of your age and you are in fact 20 years old, you should be easily able to reason out why this statement is frivolous.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I can't blame someone for being passionate and calling it like it is.

Hyman, Polak, Komarov and other plugs like that getting way too much ice time over skilled players and some of the decisions game in and game out are absolutely mind-boggling and any one with half a lick of hockey sense would be discussing it in depth and detail too.
Maybe the problem is there are too many people with only half a lick of hockey sense. Babcock gives mathews tons of icetime when he plays with hyman and brown because they are defensively reliable.. yet people complain that he is playing with plugs. Babcock plays mathews with Nylander and they get less icetime because nylander sucks defensively... people complain that they dont get enough icetime.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

I think ita quite possible hes traded in the next few days. Now thats hes cleared he can be assigned to the acquiring teams affiliate immediately and recalled at a later time.

I mean Id love if he was traded for Marincin.

Reactions: DarkKnight

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
True but he won't be back even after the bye week because Zaitsev will be returning soon which means bye bye to the guy who can pass waivers b/c Babcock is too afraid to lose Polak/Carrick to waivers when one of them sucks and he doesn't trust the other.
zaitsev is coming back in late january, dermott will be sent down.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the reason he had good analytics is because he kept throwing the puck at the net. thats what blackhawks fans say

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I'll be really upset if we go into a 5 day break with a Sens loss.

These are points you need to be taking at this time of the year, and we just let one yesterday get away.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Mugzy if your name is any indicator of your age and you are in fact 20 years old, you should be easily able to reason out why this statement is frivolous.
97 is not my birth year but I do like when the leafs play in the playoffs. How they get there doesn’t really make a difference to me.

Reactions: Rogie

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Theyre getting f***ing destroyed 8-2 lol
Theyll play a hard game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3