Pre-Game Talk: Senators@Leafs Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
there is no point keeping him up for the bye week.

True but he won't be back even after the bye week because Zaitsev will be returning soon which means bye bye to the guy who can pass waivers b/c Babcock is too afraid to lose Polak/Carrick to waivers when one of them sucks and he doesn't trust the other.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
True but he won't be back even after the bye week because Zaitsev will be returning soon which means bye bye to the guy who can pass waivers b/c Babcock is too afraid to lose Polak/Carrick to waivers when one of them sucks and he doesn't trust the other.
Wouldn't that be the GM's decision? They certainly weren't afraid to waive some other vets in the past.
Unfortunately the not having to clear waivers is a mechanism all Teams use.

Dermott will be a regular soon enough, perhaps even after the bye week.

Reactions: Budsfan

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Kind of shocked that people have turned on Babcock over the issue of 3rd pair defensemen and other such minor squabbles.

You guys need to take some deep breaths and forget about the game until puck drop.

Even with Dermott potentially out and Polak and Carrick in, we still get to enjoy Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Rielly with the team in a comfortable position standings wise.

Reactions: DarkKnight

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kind of shocked that people have turned on Babcock over the issue of 3rd pair defensemen and other such minor squabbles.

You guys need to take some deep breaths and forget about the game until puck drop.

Even with Dermott potentially out and Polak and Carrick in, we still get to enjoy Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Rielly with the team in a comfortable position standings wise.
the team is playing well below its standards and he's making questionable lineup decisions. Can't really blame people for looking at the coach

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Lou shouldnt have signed Polak for this season. Babcock probably has more clout than we realize in signings
You're gonna see just how much clout he has when Komarov is re-signed to a handsome new contract this off-season spearheaded by Babcock's pressure on management. Dan Clearly 2.0 well on the way.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I keep telling you guys but some of you want to fight me on it.... when egocock rears his ugly head it sabotages the team. “Who should start in ot” what a total loser question from the guy who acts like the egotistical god of hockey. Look around you egocock, teams play their best players together they don’t sprinkle in hyman’s and komarov’s along the way, pathetic.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He's going to be back in the AHL very soon. We have seen it with Kapanen, we'll see it with Dermott once Zaitsev is back and he'll be the odd man out because Babcock is too afraid to lose a **** player like Polak to waivers.

because we have our bye week.
putting Polak on waivers isn't Babcock's decision.
that's Lou's.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Let me just say this directly to mr egocock. If you genuinely care about all this bullshit noise “gudpro” “ bottom 3 rotation “ all while preaching “wanna win every night” and “best players play” it makes you a controversial egotistical loser. I dont care if you dont f’ing like it mike, swallow your damn pride, and put the best product on the ice, stop trying to be mr hotshot celebrity anomaly, it makes you look like such a total loser, and more importantly, its losing us games.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
the team is playing well below its standards and he's making questionable lineup decisions. Can't really blame people for looking at the coach

When the players score it's about how great the players are but when they can't score then it's the coach?

I think Babcock institutes a demanding system and the players are struggling to make it work right now. If the season ends the same way then gripe away, but it's still 40 games until the meaningful games start.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When the players score it's about how great the players are but when they can't score then it's the coach?

I think Babcock institutes a demanding system and the players are struggling to make it work right now. If the season ends the same way then gripe away, but it's still 40 games until the meaningful games start.
When the team plays well I absolutely give Babcock credit for it. They haven't been for months though

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The fact Franson just cleared waivers despite supposedly good analytics is another caution to view these numbers as though gospel truth, just a piece of information weighed with other factors.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Also, Babs is a quality coach, and one of Shanny's great moves was bringing him here. I question his decisions, but when I read some of the disrespectful, know it all commentary, it's so laughable. Don't have to agree, please critique, but show some respect, because he deserves, has earned, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->