News Article: Senators claim Magnus Paajarvi on waivers from the St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Should have taken him over Cowen, hella ton of speed and skill and IQ, qualities in shortage in many of our forwards.
Excited about this a ton!
He literally hasn’t every tool a human dreaming of playing hockey could want. And hasn’t been able to put anything together. There is no IQ there.

At the end of the day. He’s good fourth liner. An actually useful one

Reactions: Sensators

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hey man where the hell is Dumont? I'd like to see White up with Pageau and Pyatt.
Who we getting for Smith?

With a healthy roster, I see Burrows and Dumont pushed out by White and MPS, though Boucher may disagree with me. I think Smith gets moved, and MPS could find his way on the 3rd line as a result, but it could just be White moving up to the third, and Dumont or Burrows joining MPS and Thompson on the 4th.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Should have taken him over Cowen, hella ton of speed and skill and IQ, qualities in shortage in many of our forwards.
Excited about this a ton!

Why should we have taken MPS over Cowen? Cowen's career was derailed by injuries, given were both players are today and where they were drafted both can be considered a bust. Had we drafted MPS I have no doubt he would not still be in the organization.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Do we know what number he'll have? Considering getting a jersey if he stays past the trade deadline. :D

I'd wait to see if they sign him for next season.

All signs point to him just being a guy to fill a roster spot with the injuries and inevitable trades.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Based off his lack of points one can assume he never developed his hockey sense which was his biggest obstacle. Because he had no sense to begin with

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why should we have taken MPS over Cowen? Cowen's career was derailed by injuries, given were both players are today and where they were drafted both can be considered a bust. Had we drafted MPS I have no doubt he would not still be in the organization.
Cowens was detailed for much the same reason paajarvis was. No brain

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I love this move. Have always loved Paajarvi. He Never turned into the top 6 scorer he was drafted to be but he's turned himself into a great secondary role player. A good skater and very good two way player with some skill. Can kill penalties. Sorely needed for the bottom 6.

I've been very critical of Dorion, but this is a very nice move.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
With a healthy roster, I see Burrows and Dumont pushed out by White and MPS, though Boucher may disagree with me. I think Smith gets moved, and MPS could find his way on the 3rd line as a result, but it could just be White moving up to the third, and Dumont or Burrows joining MPS and Thompson on the 4th.

I really hope this doesn't mean a longer stay in Belleville for Colin White. Steve Lloyd has already mentioned the "Lazar factor" a few times on Twitter already, and we know exactly where the radio station generally get their talking points from. Hopefully they aren't talking about White, he has shown even just last night, that he needs to stay with the big club. Curtis Lazar was just a bad hockey player, period. All prospects are different and should be treated that way.

Reactions: Newgates59

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Steve Lloyd said Dumont has a potentially long-term injury.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
In b4 Dorion signs him to a 3 year $4.2m AAV extension with limited ntc

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really hope this doesn't mean a longer stay in Belleville for Colin White. Steve Lloyd has already mentioned the "Lazar factor" a few times on Twitter already, and we know exactly where the radio station generally get their talking points from. Hopefully they aren't talking about White, he has shown even just last night, that he needs to stay with the big club. Curtis Lazar was just a bad hockey player, period. All prospects are different and should be treated that way.

White and MPS play opposite sides. Not sure there is anything there. Makes more sense that this has to do with Dumont's injury and potentially trading a LW (Smith and Hoffman have been in the rumour mill).

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
EK knows him from the WJC and Sweden, so if EK’s happy I’m happy.

I’ve always thought he’s a good 4th liner. Good speed and he’s tall. Better then Dumont on the 4th line

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
He's been in the league for a decade and hasn't cracked 100 points.

What's there to "love" about him? He's not a very detail-orientated player, and he doesn't produce offense.

Yeah, he hasn't been able to develop into a consistent scorer at the NHL level.

But I love him as a bottom 6 guy who has some skill and skating ability - more so than guys like Dumont or Burrows at this point. I respect the fact that although he didn't live up to expectations as a scorer, he has carved out a role as a bottom 6 two way role player. Most guys that are drafted to be scorers and turn out busts don't adapt well to bottom 6 roles.

He's developed into a good reliable penalty killer over the last few years in STL. He plays a good two way game and keeps mistake to a minimum. Kind of in the mold of a Pyatt with some more skill. He'll make the smart play, you can put him on the ice against other team's top lines and feel good about him not making negative plays that kill you.

I think his PK ability is a big thing for us too. We need to ideally keep Stone off the PK as much as possible. Don't need the most productive forward on the team logging lots of PK time, blocking shots, getting worn down. Magnus will slide right in with Pageau, Pyatt, Burrows, Dumont, Thompson as a main PK guy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad