Recalled/Assigned: Semyon Der-Arguchintsev

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Glad he’s getting a shot. Haven’t watched many Marlies games this year but hopefully he’s cleaned up some of those egregious giveaways he had been making last season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean that post explicitly says it doesn't matter how tough they play if they're below 6 feet. I guess Tucker was soft and T. Moore never put Chara on his ass.
Don't see that anywhere in the post I quoted.
FYI - Tucker retired years ago and Moore is in LA but yes, those are good examples of small players that don't play small.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
To be fair, Robertson gets dumped on his ass by small players too.

He falls down when nobody is within a few feet of him.

He has been getting better at not falling down, but the guy can get blown over by the wind.

I don't think size is really the reason.
Perhaps you've forgotten Lanny MacDonald? When he first came up there wasn't a blue line he didn't trip over. He was trying so darned hard...sort of like Nick...give him time to find his legs, sometimes it's just a matter of finding your comfort zone, kinda like what Haley Wickenheiser said last year.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
from all the possible players they could have called up !
as the resident SDA hater on these boards , i gotta say im not a fan of the move :) lol

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Question: how are all these players that Leafs bring up, Robertson etc allowed to succeed playing so little minutes? Pretty hard to show anything playing so few minutes.
Outside of really high draft picks, this is usually how young players break in.

See Sandin and Lilly for further details.

The Leafs were a very unusual situation when they broke in Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Hyman/Brown 6 years ago.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I'm hoping these Robertson, Holmberg and SDA auditions are happening with the thought of replacing Kerfoot and Engvall. Now I realize the chances of those 3 being good enough to stick and make enough of an impact in the playoffs are slim. But maybe they are first seeing what we have internally. If one of the 3 can prove they can stick, it's one less player to go after as we approach the deadline. Going to be hard to fill all the holes, if we can fill one internally, that would be a help.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I don't think people are referring to height when they say the team plays small.
If that is the case, I can accept the premise that they don't play large. However, teams that board or crosscheck like Tampa did the last game doesn't really move the needle as a compelling argument that Toronto needs bigger forwards and Robertson or Malgin sure isn't an answer to the "smallness" of SDA.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
They offer value to the leafs by playing those roles. Other teams would value Robertsons value much higher.
So if other teams would value Robertson more and some are suggesting he be the one we get rid of……makes no sense. Wouldn’t we want to keep the most valuable of the three

To be fair, Robertson gets dumped on his ass by small players too.

He falls down when nobody is within a few feet of him.

He has been getting better at not falling down, but the guy can get blown over by the wind.

I don't think size is really the reason.
This is hilarious fiction

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I like it, he has chemistry with Robertson and is a pure playmaker. Maybe we try to round out the 3rd line with him.

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander
Kerfoot - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - SDA - Jarnkrok*
Engvall/Holmberg - Kampf - ZAR

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You and I could probably take more then 60 seconds to get scored on. Lol

If Malgin or SDA do the same thing as Robertson whe would they Dangle him? Why not dangle one of the other 2 and keep our home grown prospect

To be fair to sda here he's also home drafted and developed

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I like it, he has chemistry with Robertson and is a pure playmaker. Maybe we try to round out the 3rd line with him.

I actually forgot SDA and Robertson were line mates in Peterborough.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
happy for the kid
a bout time we started promoting these guys

need a few of these kids to break through , only way to stay relevent in nhl with cap system

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021

Only if we find some size for that 4th line. This team is not going to be grinding anyone down come playoff time. ZAR and Kampf, okay...But need a big bodies LW who can skate and forecheck.

I'd try and get something for Kerfoot and a high pick to try and get some size in. Jeanot in Nashville is interesting but I'm not sure they'd move him.

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
Well deserved. A recall sounded crazy some time ago but he's shown a lot of improvement. Do they actually play him though? I'm not convinced. He'd add offense to the bottom 6
a very talented player but he never played in Soo he has no chance with Keefe or Dumbass lmao

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
He's been great with the Marlies. One of the shiftiest and smartest players with the puck.

Not sure what this means with the roster but I assume someone's hurt.
he was fantastic play maker in Junior for Petes great playmaker, but like Robertson they didnt play in Soo? lmao

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Only if we find some size for that 4th line. This team is not going to be grinding anyone down come playoff time. ZAR and Kampf, okay...But need a big bodies LW who can skate and forecheck.

I'd try and get something for Kerfoot and a high pick to try and get some size in. Jeanot in Nashville is interesting but I'm not sure they'd move him.
Certainly not for Kerfoot and a high pick.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad