Recalled/Assigned: Semyon Der-Arguchintsev

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well deserved. A recall sounded crazy some time ago but he's shown a lot of improvement. Do they actually play him though? I'm not convinced. He'd add offense to the bottom 6

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's pretty hard to tell since the Leafs do tend to do a lot of paper transactions. That said, he has definitely earned some NHL games. His skill and playmaking are incredible
I think it's an actual callup. Usually on paper stuff, Leafs PR doesn't tweet it.
I don't know if they play him though. Malgin likely takes Simmonds spot, so unless they are benching Engvall or someone else, I don't know

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Maybe he's being showcased. Or coach finally realizes Matthews needs some games off to fix what's wrong because something isn't right.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Auston 316

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This seems odd. Both Malgin and Robertson should be playing, they're using LTIR so paper transaction shenanigans doesn't make sense, and sitting SDA in the press box here doesn't make much sense. Did they practice today? Perhaps someone else is feeling something and SDA jumps in for them? Not the guy I would have expected to be promoted to play a bottom 6 role either

Please don't be taking Robertson's spot with Tavares/Marner. Even ignoring the Robertson should be playing stuff SDA isn't really a fit on that line stylistically

Reactions: stickty111

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
This seems odd. Both Malgin and Robertson should be playing, they're using LTIR so paper transaction shenanigans doesn't make sense, and sitting SDA in the press box here doesn't make much sense. Did they practice today? Perhaps someone else is feeling something and SDA jumps in for them?

leafs are on the road... which makes this a bit more interesting in my eyes

having him fly out from canada to dallas to fill in doesn't make any sense

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's been great with the Marlies. One of the shiftiest and smartest players with the puck.

Not sure what this means with the roster but I assume someone's hurt.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I remember seeing a Petes game during Roberton's dominant OHL season, and he and SDA had insane chemistry.

As much as I've pulled for SDA, he's always seemed to underwhelm and appears to be a long shot until this year's Training Camp, where he looked better than I'd ever seen him.

Hoping this is part of the maturing curve. Wondering if he does get to draw in and play, and even if he does, is it a good idea to reunite him with Robertson, or keep Robertson on 2LW?

Intriguing callup to say the least, and nice to see that it was because of SDA's improved play.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think it's an actual callup. Usually on paper stuff, Leafs PR doesn't tweet it.
I don't know if they play him though. Malgin likely takes Simmonds spot, so unless they are benching Engvall or someone else, I don't know
Holmberg?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Interesting. I've often wondered what SDA would do with NHL players. Could be a reasonable option as a set-up man on PP2.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
This seems odd. Both Malgin and Robertson should be playing, they're using LTIR so paper transaction shenanigans doesn't make sense, and sitting SDA in the press box here doesn't make much sense. Did they practice today? Perhaps someone else is feeling something and SDA jumps in for them? Not the guy I would have expected to be promoted to play a bottom 6 role either

Please don't be taking Robertson's spot with Tavares/Marner. Even ignoring the Robertson should be playing stuff SDA isn't really a fit on that line stylistically
I want to see Robertson get games too, but its clear he's having a hard time keeping his mind up to the pace of the game. He might be overthinking a bit.

Its about time we gave SDA a look anyway.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The #FreeSDA campaign claims it's first victory

Not much harm in taking a look for a couple games. He's been playing very well

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
I’ve always really liked him, excited to see him hopefully get into some games. He’s got great hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad