GDT: Semifinal • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Fellow Swedes. Stop complaining about the reffing now. It doesn't matter how horrible they were and that the finns got 2 goals because of them. We didn't show any heart or desire to win anyway, we did not deserve to win this.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I absolutely hate it when referees dictate the outcome of a game like this. The two Finnish goals came as a result of absolutely ridiculous officiating, and after those calls they didn't do much officiating at all.
The IIHF really needs to address this issue in the future, because it really is frustrating to watch these clowns try to make their presence felt in big competitions.

Sweden didn't play well, could barely get the puck out of their own zone for most of the game, and Finland was better all around.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
iZQia5d.jpg

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Yes Finland was good, but without the phantom calls which resulted in goals the score could have been something else. Better reffing is needed this is just lottery otherwise when two equal teams are matched.

I agree that you faced bad reffing tonight, that one call was that important. I would like to see in every that kind of message: "Though Finland has faced that much more often than us", though.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Swedes were pretty horrible in the 3rd period. Swedes had maybe one bad call more than Finns, if that throws you off your game like that, you don't deserve to win anyways. 3rd period went fine, the holding penalty was obvious, but the Swedish team itself played like crap. And this was nowhere near that final a couple years ago, we got penalties for basically touching the Swedes in front of our net. These tournaments have bad refs, it's just a sad fact.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah, congrats to the Finns.

Like I said above, Sweden wasn't good enough and Finland plays like it takes to win these tournaments. You can tell that the guy behind the bench in Finland have won something before, this is how you win these tournaments no doubts about it.

Don't think anyone want to take anything away from the Finns. Sure, sucks that the ref's were as bad as they were, but Finland won fair and square.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Refs made one ******** call, and made a ******** make up call immediately afterwards. Not the refs fault Sweden can't capitalize on their pp.
Nope. The interference on Kempe was a farce, if anything it was a penalty on the Finn skating right into him (and it wasn't). Kempe was basically stationary and was looking for the puck, but because the Finn fell on his ass when he skated right into him, it was apparently a penalty. And the "checking to the head" penalty was also a joke.

2 minute interference for existing on the ice and a 2+10 for finishing your check. The slashing on Aho was also a joke, which was the joke call the Finns had against them. Then the refs swallowed the whistles in the 3rd - of course - and the Finns had open season on hookings and trippings to slow the Swedish players down in their hedgehog defense for 20 minutes.

I'm not impressed by this Finnish team, US will win pretty easily.

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
Finland was better because the refs crushed the Swedes morale.

Well, that sounds like a failure in coaching if the team so completely melts down after a few bad calls. It doesn't look good for Sweden in the future if the .kids are this weak mentally...

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I can't call myself neutral as I was cheering for Sweden but I am not a Sweden supporter. They do have a legitimate gripe though.

Yeah, they certainly got 1-2 worse calls than Finland - but, hey, this is iihf hockey. There's like zillion times when the marginal and not so marginal calls have gone against Finland and the other fans have just called us eternal whiners. These things happen and Sweden had all the chances to outplay Finland and they absolutely didn't.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Congrats to Finland, clearly the better team. Good luck in the final. :handclap:

Sweden chokes when the group stage is finished, we have seen that before.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Meeeeeh, Sweden deserved to loss. After Karlsson was penalted for 2+10 minutes the game changed. Although a bit mad with the references but we know the references were a joke for IIHF tournament anyway.

We always choke when we played knock-out round anyway.

and We will loss Bronze tomorrow too.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Well thanks for the sucky refs once again IIHF. It just Wasnt enough to let us play 5 vs 4 the entire game against the US.
But regardless our players didnt do crap in the third so wouldnt have mattered in the end. Gj to a Finnish team that played from start to end
But none the less freaking worthless refs as usual from IIHF, not only in this game.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
It seems like Finnish juniors have passed Swedes in progress. Two years ago u18 they lost 10-0 and today they won u20 2-1.

Yea no. One game is only one game. Sweden has alot more players but top of both might be close.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Congrats Finland! You were the better team, this was the best game you played from a two way perspective in the entire tournament. You need to play like that against USA/Russia- Kapanen and Rantanen came up big when they needed to, as did your goalie. Going to stain a bit though, especially since the game winner should never have happend.

Sweden had a good first period but looked gassed for the last 30 minutes, everything went in ultra slow-mo after the 2 Finnish goals, momentum was Finlands after that. Countless of missed passes especially from the blue line.

Holmström, Lindblom, Kempe, Nylander.. players that should be the creative force on this team did not do much at all today (and in Holmströms case hasnt done anything in the tournament). Lagesson had a horrific game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad