GDT: Semifinal • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Neutral fans, was the reffing really as bad as people say it was? I only saw the end of the game, and even though the last penalty was obvious the Swedish fans were complaining about that. I'm not sure how valid their complaints about earlier penalties are.

1 questionable call.But seen it a thousand times at games in Canada.Home crowds make a difference.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Another finished game. Let the ref complaints roll.

Honestly, look at any GDTs here or NHL boards - 95% refs sucked according to someone. Complain all you want - but it happens to EVERYONE. You'll just make yourself look like a sore loser.

Once again, exciting game.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Few of you Swedes are so funny, refs were abysmal the whole game, for both teams. You also had powerplay, which you did not capitalize and you had half the game to tie it. :facepalm:

Indeed, if you score only 1 goal, should know who to blame.

moon*

So if Finland win are the refs awarded the MVP for the tournament?

Or since they single handily brought Finland to the final have they done enough to win the award already?

stolpioni*

Yeye ref took easy calls on Sweden. but lets face it Finland was a little better today it looked like it was only Timachov and Söderström that showed up today for playing dont know what the rest did there tbh.

Finland was better because the refs crushed the Swedes morale.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Good game Finland. I hate that last penalty; that was a bs call in the dying minutes but doubt it would have mattered in the end.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Such a great, intense game. Thank you Sweden. And I'm truly sorry for those bad calls in the 2nd period, BUT. Don't blame only the refs for your loss. Your team just didn't have what they needed to answer in the 3rd period.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Finland didn't win this, the refs did it for them. The bad calls obviously messed the Swedes up. Refs basically gave Finland 2 goals for free and then closed them off.

Thing is, you shouldn't win a game like this if you create as little as we did in the 3rd period.

Sure, Sweden had by far the most minors in the entire tournament and never got any calls with us. Its tough to get 3 complete bogus calls like that against you while getting nothing the other way.

But watch any WCs or WJCs, this is how these tournaments play out. You can't loose hockey games, and you must be able to win them. You don't win on style. We have won gold, when Grönborg wasn't around...

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
One big WJC scandal. Will the refs get a analyse of their effort after this?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Who are complaining about Kapanen not getting penalty, learn the rules, that is absolutely embarassing to whine for penalty when there is no such rule. You can clear the puck on bench, even if you did it on purpose (or accident).

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Neutral fans, was the reffing really as bad as people say it was? I only saw the end of the game, and even though the last penalty was obvious the Swedish fans were complaining about that. I'm not sure how valid their complaints about earlier penalties are.
I can't call myself neutral as I was cheering for Sweden but I am not a Sweden supporter. They do have a legitimate gripe though.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

In the 2nd period, the reffing was bad.

But in the 3rd period, Sweden spent the first 13 minutes playing 5 on 5 and got a total of three shots on net....with only one of them being a "decent" scoring opportunity.

When your only down by 1 goal, and you can't get 2 scoring chances in 13 minutes .... well .... blaming reffing only goes so far.

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013
Sweden had the ridiculous home refs in Malmo 2014 but still didnt beat finland who was missing barkov, maatta etc... Stop crying and take the loss. Finland was clearly the better team

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
Good game Sweden, 2 + 2 +10 horse **** calls for you and a 2 for us, doesn't get into any scale of how much we usually get screwed in these matches.
Thank god Rantanen-line woke up!

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I was ready to blame the refs after their 2 goals. But looking at how Sweden played after those two goals I can't blame them, just horrible game from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad