GDT: Semifinal • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciderfylla

Dec 28, 2015
Sweden's worst game of the tournament, unfortunately. Thought we'd win, but the lads just seemed out of place - very few playing as well as one could expect. Finland gained momentum from their quick goals (following a couple of very weak calls), and we just couldn't get back in it after that.

Congratz Finland, well-deserved win.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
iZQia5d.jpg

Because they did much ;)

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
I like the Finns, but this is now both elimination games they have won by one goal on extremely questionable powerplays.

Seems very weak to simply non-existent calls consistently going in the Finns' favour this tournament, while blatant hits from behind aren't called on them.

I was pulling for the Finns from the start of the tourney but I don't think I can root for them in the finals. The Reffing has gifted them both elimination games.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
It's quite stunning that despite going 36-0 in the opening round since 2008, Sweden has only one gold (2012) to show for it.

San Jose Sharks of the WJC? :sarcasm:

----

GG Sweden, this match was a coin-flip from start to finish. Teams were equal in all areas, but in the end luck was on our side. Hope you win the bronze, would be wrong for that team to go home empty handed.

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
Sweden was definetly NOT at their best far from it they lost concentration and will after the referee basically gave them the game because of some BS calls

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Better team won. Some bad calls, but **** happens. It's still up to the team to play a good PK, to take possession of the game, and to create chances to win. Sweden did none of it.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I guess Finland can thank Switzerland and Chris Egli for injuring William Nylander i.e the best player in the tournament.

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
Its sad when Swedes cant play better and blame the refs for loosing. Refs gavu us 1 PP, I give you that, but overall we were the better team. More shots, better attacks and more dangerous scoring chances. But hey, keep on crying all you want...

This is all I need to say.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
This is a reoccurring problem, Swedes play scared in big games. They worry too much about losing; it draws all that energy that should be put into winning.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Finland didn't win this, the refs did it for them. The bad calls obviously messed the Swedes up. Refs basically gave Finland 2 goals for free and then closed them off.

So 1 bad call in 60mins is the reason for the loss?

Alright then.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Haha mic open before interview.

Rantanen, off the record: "Aw f**k, that was a nailbiter."

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sweden had 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period.
Finland shut them down very well.

It's a bit bittersweet that the refs had a horrible 3 minutes in the 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad