GDT: Semifinal • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Sweden couldn't get their act together after falling behind. If you can't rebound after one goal deficit than you won't win the game.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Our team finally learned how to defend. Who would have thought? :laugh:

JJ does know how to coach a good defensive system, so it was IMO only a matter of time when he'd manage to bring the same into this team. What I wasn't sure of was if he'd succeed in time, but he did. :handclap:

S A W F T*

Wooooooo!

Finland/USA is the final I wanted. Now that is a huge possibility!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
It's sad when the referees have to win the game for Finland

Its sad when Swedes cant play better and blame the refs for loosing. Refs gavu us 1 PP, I give you that, but overall we were the better team. More shots, better attacks and more dangerous scoring chances. But hey, keep on crying all you want...

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah all thanks to refs.

One bad call there was, and there should be many to come in our favor before we are even. Why was whining about the refs so wrong last time? Hmmm... Oh, because it was for your favor and against us. You wont win with just 1 goal against Finlands subpar defence and goaltending, you didint deserve.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Jalonen took Gronborg to school. They're really appointing him head coach of tre kronor next year?

Anyway good game pojat and grabbar. Let's be civil again.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Stop complaining. Finland was better team, created way more chances overall in the game !

Yes Finland was good, but without the phantom calls which resulted in goals the score could have been something else. Better reffing is needed this is just lottery otherwise when two equal teams are matched.

Tobeflop

Jan 19, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
In all honesty, even though Finland did benefit from some of the calls, Sweden did not play well enough today. I was expecting a cake walk given how well they'd played in the previous games. Finland showed guts and grinded the win.

Last edited:

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
It seems like Finnish juniors have passed Swedes in progress. Two years ago u18 they lost 10-0 and today they won u20 2-1.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
It's quite stunning that despite going 36-0 in the opening round since 2008, Sweden has only one gold (2012) to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad