GDT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
When looking at the medal table, Finland has 5 gold medals and total of 15 medals against USA's 4 golds and 12 medals.

Finland is without a doubt the clear favorite winner here :sarcasm:

Reactions: jj cale and Statsy

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
USA will need to tighten up some of the late mistakes from last game.

On the flip side, if not for the goal tender, the US might've put up a 7-8 spot on Slovakia.

5-2 US, with one being am empty netter.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
When looking at the medal table, Finland has 5 gold medals and total of 15 medals against USA's 4 golds and 12 medals.

Finland is without a doubt the clear favorite winner here :sarcasm:

Finland are rather evil when it comes around - believe it or not.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Damn late start time for this game.
Usually i don't have problems to watch late hockey games in weekend.

But early on the week there's NO CHANCE IN HELL i wake up 04:30 ( Finland's time )
to watch Finland's U20 WJC semifinal game.

Why i will not watch this game because i have TO GO WORK
and my work-day start 08:00 in the morning.

So i skip this game and watch the goals and highlights on youtube later.
I wish good luck our young U20 lions do your best and play well.
Final score prediction USA 5 Finland 4.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
If ya got the head kicked in USA o' the Finland boys today:

Don't be so (fückin' so sore) losers and cry-babies: like Sweden did in the quarters: who jumped on a lone Finland player three on' him (Pärsinnen) when the final had already had blown, then they Sweden cried out like babies on TV all the way from the coach to the team captain. And a chap in the Sweden squad refused to take his helmet off when the Finland anthem was played. Urk.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No.

Are you a chicken' Sweden?!

Finland vs Russia on Finland turf - and Finland will kick to kill. Every time. Don't even try this once again Russia. Remember.
Aren’t the Finns playing the Americans today though? Imo the Finns are in way over their heads against the elite skill of the US kids.

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Finland will give us a tough game. Obviously I want to win, being American, but I opine that it would be good for the sport if Finland won.

Good luck tonight, Finns!

You mean, it would be good for the sport if plucky old Finland went on to play for their fourth gold in eight years?

Best of luck to you Americans, too!

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Sure, make sport of my predicted score when it’s 8-2 US. :(

Why do you think so? Because of the result of Canada Finland game? It was just one game where Canada played their best game of the tournament and Finland played its' worst. We have enough evidence from previous tournaments that those kinda games won't happen often. If Finland played against Canada today, the game would look different. I hope Russia will beat you today. Most of the Canadian fans are decent but unfortunately I have read some arrogant posts by them this year once again.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Everything is set, except for needing to stay up for 4,5 hours just to witness the start of the game. You lucky north american people.

Luckily the first one starts in an hour

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why do you think so? Because of the result of Canada Finland game? It was just one game where Canada played their best game of the tournament and Finland played its' worst. We have enough evidence from previous tournaments that those kinda games won't happen often. If Finland played against Canada today, the game would look different. I hope Russia will beat you today. Most of the Canadian fans are decent but unfortunately I have read some arrogant posts by them this year once again.
I think the Finns give up a lot of dangerous scoring chances, especially imo after they get trapped on their forecheck. The US has too much elite scoring talent for the Finns to play that aggressive forecheck. That’s why I think this game will get out of hand.

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I think it's a toss up. I expect the U.S. to come out strong out of the gates and control the start of the games before the Finns slowly build into it. If Finland can weather the early storm I really like their chances, otherwise I can see the U.S. putting this away kind of early.

Reactions: Dexter Colt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad