GDT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Nah, it's a meme from World champs 2019 when Finland won against NHL-packed teams without any NHL players themselves.

My point was that in a bo1 semi-final, skill isn't necessarily the biggest factor for winning games. But let's see.

Finland proved that against Sweden. I think the US will win, but will can beat skill in a best of 1.

Hiukafen

Sep 14, 2016
Suomi-Yhdysvallat 3-2

Everyone can guess which one is Finland and which one US.

US will have two power plays only and scores once. But themselves takes too many penalties after starting to get frustrated.

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
I expect a close game, and the usual stunned inquest for the losing side should Finland win.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
We are Finland - who are you?!

To even blame.

Suomi/Finland with USA-cities bigger than their whole country o' the country o' Finland.

We have: Sauna, viina ja kirves ... ... on our side.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm the last guy to think Finland can't win this game because I know they can but I just don't see a repeat of last year, I will say 5-2 U.S.

Reactions: illone84

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
I have to say, Finland is a very though team to play against.

And the new frontline/firstline of Finland will be a real killer-line courtesy of coach Antti Pennanen - and the rest of Finland will follow and follow and follow that line America down the line, down, down. Finland boogie woogie-style.
Do ya believe me?!

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
And mr. Lundell of Finland is a killer this time around.:thumbu:

USA may have even a wet dream to even think about a chap that like that in their team ...:eek:

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu
Finland has won the last 2 important games against USA. 2020 the quarter-final and 2019 the gold medal game. Last time USA and Finland played at the play-off round in 2010 and then USA took the win.

This year it will obviously be different as USA is having a stronger team and playing in NHL-sized ice.

2019 they didn't have NHL-sized ice in Rogers Place? :sarcasm:

I think this one will go to OT. Don't know which will come on top.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
We are Finland - who are you?!

To even blame.

Suomi/Finland with USA-cities bigger than their whole country o' the country o' Finland.

We have: Sauna, viina ja kirves ... ... on our side.

They fight like Antifa kids.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Go go finska bröder! Always great to see the underdog bring down the odds-on favourite.

(except when the odds-on favourite is Sweden...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad