GDT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I see a serious beat down in this one. Too much elite scoring on this US team for the Finns. Caufild will light the lamp multiple times on the PP. 7-1 USA.

Reactions: MarVell

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How many Liiga players does USA have?
I’m guessing your point is the Finns have players who played a lot this year before this tournament. The US guys started behind, but are getting into season form now.

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
I’m guessing your point is the Finns have players who played a lot this year before this tournament. The US guys started behind, but are getting into season form now.
Nah, it's a meme from World champs 2019 when Finland won against NHL-packed teams without any NHL players themselves.

My point was that in a bo1 semi-final, skill isn't necessarily the biggest factor for winning games. But let's see.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, I think the main issue for the USA is to save maximum energy for the final. It's a tough schedule and Finland will fold in any case. Just hit the brakes at 4-0 at the latest.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
5-2 USA win. We have been bad from the start in every game. If the score is tied after 1st then we have a chance. I have seen bad turnovers from our Finnish D every 1st period and USA has players that can score if this happens

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
outcome depends on what kind of finland we see

the one against Canada or the one against Sweden for 2 periods

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Finland has won the last 2 important games against USA. 2020 the quarter-final and 2019 the gold medal game. Last time USA and Finland played at the play-off round in 2010 and then USA took the win.

This year it will obviously be different as USA is having a stronger team and playing in NHL-sized ice.

Im too lazy to check out the results from u18 tournaments.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm not great with predictions so all I will say is Finland is a tough out. The U.S. will need to protect the puck and make good decisions. Stay disciplined. Also, Knight will need to have his A game as things will eventually get dicey in his end of the ice. This should be a close game. Honestly, I can see it go either way.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I actually think this will be a closer game than most around here seem to think. Like the other semi, I think this will be a toss up.

Going with USA.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Finland has won the last 2 important games against USA. 2020 the quarter-final and 2019 the gold medal game. Last time USA and Finland played at the play-off round in 2010 and then USA took the win.

This year it will obviously be different as USA is having a stronger team and playing in NHL-sized ice.

Im too lazy to check out the results from u18 tournaments.

We - Finland - are not afraid of USA. We are not of Russia either. Not in icehockey and no way either. And you know it. Cold fact.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For real? I'd love to see it but I think this is going to be a dog fight.

Depends how many PPs the US gets.

I think they have the best unit in the tournament.

The Finns have Lundell to help spark the offence but overall I think the emotional win over Sweden will actually hamper their ability to get motivated for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille