PGT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN - Part 2

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hope Finland dusts themselves off and plays just as hard against Russia for the Bronze. Have a lot of respect for the way they played tonight. If they can repeat this effort or improve on it, I like their chances. Should make for a fun game either way if they do.

They competed much better than Russia did against Canada...

I would expect no less...

Reactions: HanSolo

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
LOL, this tournament is so rigged, Canuck refs tried their best to give their boys the weak opponent but failed, USA is just too damn good.

I think we got the weak opponent, personally. Would far rather play you guys than that Finnish team. They dont have quit in their vocabulary. Thats the last kind of team you want to play BO1 against.

Reactions: Keke and sakux

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
LOL, this tournament is so rigged, Canuck refs tried their best to give their boys the weak opponent but failed, USA is just too damn good.
If they tried to give the weaker team the win and failed, how did the USA win?

:sarcasm:

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
I would brag about Kaliyev being from New York but it would be ideologically inconsistent for me to suddenly consider Staten Island to be New York.

Even if your Staten Island thing worked out, I used to be on the ice with him mostly in New Jersey :)

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Hope Finland dusts themselves off and plays just as hard against Russia for the Bronze. Have a lot of respect for the way they played tonight. If they can repeat this effort or improve on it, I like their chances. Should make for a fun game either way if they do.
As Duthie always calls the bronze medal game the “battle of the broken hearted”, I think Finns are more heartbroken considering their come from behind comeback just fell short, and did so at the very last minute.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Im pissed off, Finland controlled the game and won more pucks. We were better team, but better luck next year then. This years team was great, it grew a lot through out the tournament. We can be proud of our boys.

If USA keeps playing like this, Canada is going to destroy them. Best Team Canada what i seen for a while.

Reactions: LAINEC and king89

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
As Duthie always calls the bronze medal game the “battle of the broken hearted”, I think Finns are more heartbroken considering their come from behind comeback just fell short, and did so at the very last minute.
A win vs Russia is always welcomed

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah it'll take a lot of mental and emotional resiliency to work up to playing this hard again but I think, knowing what I know about Finland hockey, I think they're as likely a group to do it as any.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We missed you!

I was using a silencer.. shhhhhhh....

1*DQJ3uDDmtwf8lmdaHJuvgg.gif

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
York was an interesting pick.
The stars were picked before the game I assume and York has been great all tournament (likely best dman in the qualifying round). Was great on PP tonight made a positional mistake on the first goal and like most US defence struggled a bit with the bee hive approach of the Fins in the offensive zone. They are relentless in driving to the net and forechecking (I give them props).

Heinola was a beast tonight ....best game i've seen of him in the tournament against a quality opponent. York definitely deserves to be in the 3 stars for anyone who's watched every game. Knight should not have been there (he's been ok getting better as tourney has gone on but hardly earth shattering) Boldy has been the other best US player imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad