PGT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN - Part 2

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Bittersweet ending, could have gone either way. Because it was such a close game and Finland played as good as their team could, it surprisingly doesn't hurt that much. Best hockey game as a spectator for a while, these wjc games are really entertaining.

Couple of critical mistakes defensively, and not-so-good goaltending compared to our usual level cost us this game. It was still close to perfect game from Finns.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
i watched almost every game. no way york should be there. maybe an attempt to get his confidence up for the Final? they are gonna need him to not be so bad
He's been fantastic for them every game by far their best dman until tonight. Even then he was great in the Ozone and on the PP. Struggled on the pk tonight for sure (the entire group was getting out of position)

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
You ever see Luc Robitaille play? If not pull some you tube video. Your mother could skate better than Luc, and yet he had a pretty good career

I mean, yes...i saw Luc Robitaille play...15-20 years ago, when the league was *a lot* less dependent on speed than it is now.

that shot will absolutely play anywhere. His mobility is probably going to be a problem he’s going to deal with his whole career.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He's been fantastic for them every game by far their best dman until tonight. Even then he was great in the Ozone and on the PP. Struggled on the pk tonight for sure (the entire group was getting out of position)

i think we have different definitions of fantastic

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even if your Staten Island thing worked out, I used to be on the ice with him mostly in New Jersey :)
tenor.gif

Reactions: awegrzyn

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This tournament had Finland, improving the most, hard work pays-off gold medal written all over it....oh well....bronze it is.
I don't see Russia giving even a littlest challenge for us in the Bronze game.

After the 3-3 goal, i was 100% certain we'd win this, i was wrong.
Congrats USA, you just lost your silver medal. zero chance vs Canada,
we were destined to win them and take the gold, but you defeated us, good job.

Reactions: FinPanda

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Great game.. I've been scared to say I'm a huge fan of Kalileyev (he was teamed with Jan Jenik and they were killing the OHL last season) so I was happy he could show everyone his big skill (heavy shot with zero release on a rolling puck) but I feel awful for the Finns as they battled so hard.

Even in a game where I am neutral I get all emotional.lol

I do think now it's fair to say the best 2 teams have been Canada and US and this is a very fitting final.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Great game.. I've been scared to say I'm a huge fan of Kalileyev (he was teamed with Jan Jenik and they were killing the OHL last season) so I was happy he could show everyone his big skill (heavy shot with zero release on a rolling puck) but I feel awful for the Finns as they battled so hard.

Even in a game where I am neutral I get all emotional.lol

I do think now it's fair to say the best 2 teams have been Canada and US and this is a very fitting final.
Damn . And Craig Button told me it was going to be a Canada - Russia final.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Congrats to Yankees and all the rest of Team USA and their fans - also to this bizarre Kyalev or something... It was a great shot which knew its destination and wrote it down in the records to be sure. Hockey gods are always righteous and fair and there is no court of appeals to voice one's frustrated, absurd and futile protests. - Just blunt gross sentences one must live by. And live on.
It was Team USA's turn.

Team Canada look unbeatable this year anyway. That helps to digest the bitter (but fair) deal and chunk of destiny's edible chalk.

Reactions: Choralone

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
USA-Finland is the great underrated rivalry in hockey. So many big games and dramatic endings in these junior age groups. Almost every year. Sometimes multiple times per year.

We finally won one of them. The Finn's have our number generally. Very hard team for us to play against. When I say that I don't see a hierarchy with the USA's hockey rivalries (Canada, Russia, Finland), thats a credit to the Finn's. There's no reason they should be a rival of us, but they've become one.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I mean, yes...i saw Luc Robitaille play...15-20 years ago, when the league was *a lot* less dependent on speed than it is now.

that shot will absolutely play anywhere. His mobility is probably going to be a problem he’s going to deal with his whole career.

Kings have several fast guys who cannot finish, it has not gone well, willing to try the alternative for awhile. Kings need goal scorers not at all worried about his foot speed. A sniper at a Kings game is one of the cheer squad shooting a shirt out of an air cannon

Reactions: Ginger Papa

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That was probably the most exciting game of the entire tournament. Great play from both teams, competitive, structured hockey, last minute heroics, you can't ask for a whole lot more. Finns impressed the heck out of me tonight.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Kings have several fast guys who cannot finish, it has not gone well, willing to try the alternative for awhile. Kings need goal scorers not at all worried about his foot speed. A sniper at a Kings game is one of the cheer squad shooting a shirt out of an air cannon

I think Byfield will work well in the Kings system. I don't even want to come across as making any kind of judgement on Byfield.
He is not going straight into the NHL, I am sure. Even a year in the AHL will help him grow into the faster game. He's got lots of skills and physical attributes, but he has to absorb it all and think it faster, just like any player. No point in anybody trying to call that at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Not sure if I will stay up to watch the bronze game. Got a family so staying up half of every night for hockey and being sleep deprived and half dead for couple days isn't worth it.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not sure if I will stay up to watch the bronze game. Got a family so staying up half of every night for hockey and being sleep deprived and half dead for couple days isn't worth it.

If your lady knows this is important to you... it's worth it...

If she doesn't know...

Then it isn't worth it...

My lady know's is it... and I thank her...

And I love her...

;)

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

In international tournaments i usually record the game and watch it the next day. The key is to not log into hf or any social media before watching so that there are no spoilers :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad