PGT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN - Part 2

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
what a SHAM of a tournament, the winning goal wasn't even scored by a real american so it shouldn't count.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
It’s kinda crazy how long Sweden and Russia have gone without winning gold - and I’m good with that! :D:naughty::laugh::nod:

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
They aren't, Zegras and Boldy are the 2 best players followed by 1 of Sanderson/Turcotte/Farinacci

Sanderson???? What have you only watched 1 or 2 games.. Kid will be real good and played fairly well tonight but hasn't been close to the US best d man in all the games.

Viljuri

Dec 30, 2020
A competitive game, like the only pretournament training match for these teams in question.

Team Finland probably played better than their parts, but at the end, better individuals won. For example, even if the top two Finnish defencemen have skills, shooting was not among their particular strengths. And too many times play almost halted, when a defencemen's handedness weren't suitable for the task at hand and they, quite weirdly, had to try to execute a turning maneuver, even if opposing forecheckers were already harassing them at the blue line, or just dump the puck in.

Congrats for Team USA and I hope we see a good final hockey wise.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
I like kaliyev.

...mostly because he manages to score goals and be effective out there despite the fact that he makes moving around on ice skates look like he’s swimming upright in a waist deep puddle of applesauce.

It’s probably not sustainable professionally - but it’s entertaining.

Reactions: vil and Ginger Papa

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The “top 3” players are selected by the players themselves. It’s more of a popularity contest.

Not sure how the Finns or others do it but it is supposed to be the Coaching staff that selects the 3 stars. Don't believe the players have anything to do with it.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
USA fan here. Why are Canada fans taking the bait from the trolls? Come on, guys. It's a f***ing hockey game.

As for tomorrow, I think the US is pretty outmatched by Canada. As usual tons of talent up and down their roster. I think its gonna take a stellar performance from Knight to keep us in it. Anything can happen, though. That's the best part about best of 1 games. Good luck tomorrow Canada!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
?!?!?! Wow is this for real? How is it possible this is the first time I’ve heard about Priestly being Canadian?!

So is Ted Cruz.

tenor.gif

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I like kaliyev.

...mostly because he manages to score goals and be effective out there despite the fact that he makes moving around on ice skates look like he’s swimming upright in a waist deep puddle of applesauce.

It’s probably not sustainable professionally - but it’s entertaining.
You ever see Luc Robitaille play? If not pull some you tube video. Your mother could skate better than Luc, and yet he had a pretty good career

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
USA fan here. Why are Canada fans taking the bait from the trolls? Come on, guys. It's a f***ing hockey game.

As for tomorrow, I think the US is pretty outmatched by Canada. As usual tons of talent up and down their roster. I think its gonna take a stellar performance from Knight to keep us in it. Anything can happen, though. That's the best part about best of 1 games. Good luck tomorrow Canada!

Re: Why are Canada fans taking the bait from the trolls?

Not taking bait... taking a magnifying glass to the ants...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The stars were picked before the game I assume and York has been great all tournament (likely best dman in the qualifying round). Was great on PP tonight made a positional mistake on the first goal and like most US defence struggled a bit with the bee hive approach of the Fins in the offensive zone. They are relentless in driving to the net and forechecking (I give them props).

Heinola was a beast tonight ....best game i've seen of him in the tournament against a quality opponent. York definitely deserves to be in the 3 stars for anyone who's watched every game. Knight should not have been there (he's been ok getting better as tourney has gone on but hardly earth shattering) Boldy has been the other best US player imo.

i watched almost every game. no way york should be there. maybe an attempt to get his confidence up for the Final? they are gonna need him to not be so bad

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Could not have asked for more from these Fin kids. In my books out of the last 120 minutes in do or die games they were the better team on ice in 97 minutes. That's job well done. Hockey is a game of small margins and sometimes you lose even with excellent play. Fantastic coaching again.

GG and congrats to the US team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad