PGT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN - Part 2

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
In international tournaments i usually record the game and watch it the next day. The key is to not log into hf or any social media before watching so that there are no spoilers :laugh:

That would work otherwise but when you have a toddler to look after, not so easy :D

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
If your lady knows this is important to you... it's worth it...

If she doesn't know...

Then it isn't worth it...

My lady know's is it... and I thank her...

And I love her...

;)

She knows it but I've been away on a working trip for several days now so I can't peruse all kinds of freedoms right away after returning. Gotta choose your battles wisely when you're in a relationship and have family :laugh:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Idk what it is about this game but i haven't felt this messed up about a loss since the 06 Olympic goldmedal game. We were so close with a nother comeback win and my emotions were just all over the place, i feel so empty inside :(

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Idk what it is about this game but i haven't felt this messed up about a loss since the 06 Olympic goldmedal game. We were so close with a nother comeback win and my emotions were just all over the place, i feel so empty inside :(
There now, its junior hockey you're watching. When you grow older you'll learn that it's really not that important that it should dominate how your life is.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I just can't describe how heartbroken i am from loosing a game like that, we got this far and battled so hard and lost like this.. Atleast we fell with our heads up, this Finnish team played real hockey when it mattered the most. I'm very proud of this team..
I’d have to agree with you. I hated this team and I mean HATED them in the beginning, but I’m proud as f*** of them for doing what they did. I have to stop doubting these kids, they really do get better as the tournament goes on. Heartbreaker tonight but those kids can hold their heads high. I’d argue this is one of my most cherished teams ever. No gold, but all heart.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
This hurts a lot. But USA deserved to win this one, let it be the revenge of 2019 final. At least they celebrated rather wildly when the game ended. Im proud of Team Finland, they have no need to be ashamed after this tournament. I hope that they can win bronze tomorrow.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Finland played very well this tournament and deserve all positive feedback !

Wish I could say the same about Sweden - but they seemed to get afraid to lose after the first period against Finland and were justly punished !

It will be interesting to se Finland vs Russia !

I always thought the final would be USA vs Canada so I got that right !

I think Canada will win and Finland gets the bronze ...

Wishywashy20

Nov 23, 2020
I’d have to agree with you. I hated this team and I mean HATED them in the beginning, but I’m proud as f*** of them for doing what they did. I have to stop doubting these kids, they really do get better as the tournament goes on. Heartbreaker tonight but those kids can hold their heads high. I’d argue this is one of my most cherished teams ever. No gold, but all heart.

the Finns played fantastic game
They should be proud.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
My feeling exactly. Junior hockey for me is mostly just entertainment. There are pluses when the team wins, but pretty much meh when the team loses.
Yupp. Sadly, nationalistic/patriotic feelings gets the overhand sometimes for a lot of people, clouding their view and opinions. Lots of people seem to think that your nations pride or something is determined by how a national team plays in sports etc, or if "your country's player" win an individual award. It's OK to cheer and be happy or sad about an outsome of a game, but it's not "Your country vs the World" like so many seem to believe.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yupp. Sadly, nationalistic/patriotic feelings gets the overhand sometimes for a lot of people, clouding their view and opinions. Lots of people seem to think that your nations pride or something is determined by how a national team plays in sports etc, or if "your country's player" win an individual award. It's OK to cheer and be happy or sad about an outsome of a game, but it's not "Your country vs the World" like so many seem to believe.
Well, it is afterall our players representing our flag out there, we Finns are very patriotic by nature and we're as passionate about hockey as Canadians so it's not uncommon for people to take these games seriosuly, me included :) but i can see your point and it is your opinion after all. This loss was heavy on me because of the amount of pride had for this squad, not to mention the emotional rollercoster it was the past 2 games.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I would brag about Kaliyev being from New York but it would be ideologically inconsistent for me to suddenly consider Staten Island to be New York.

We'll claim him from NJ then. But what's so special about Staten Island that it costs $17 to go there?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My wife was reading an article saying that the Finland is the happiest country on earth. Obviously, that article was written after the win against Sweden, and before the loss to USA.

Why was Kaliyev left open? Why? WHY?

Reactions: JAS 39 Gripen

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
USA-Finland is the great underrated rivalry in hockey. So many big games and dramatic endings in these junior age groups. Almost every year. Sometimes multiple times per year.

We finally won one of them. The Finn's have our number generally. Very hard team for us to play against. When I say that I don't see a hierarchy with the USA's hockey rivalries (Canada, Russia, Finland), thats a credit to the Finn's. There's no reason they should be a rival of us, but they've become one.
A lot of people will remember Team USA beat the Russians in 'do you believe in miracles' Lake Placid, but it was the Finnish team they had to beat for the gold medal. A good long rivalry indeed.

Reactions: RorschachWJK

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If your lady knows this is important to you... it's worth it...

If she doesn't know...

Then it isn't worth it...

My lady know's is it... and I thank her...

And I love her...

;)

Its a bit diferent for those across the pond... or those with kids. My 18 month old doesnt give two shits about the GMG ending after midnight. She will be up at 6AM no matter what. Now just imagine those 7 hours ahead of me (8 for you).

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

If just a game that other people are playing, don't let it get you down. I watch all WJC games and get pretty into the Canada games, but if they lose I'll be disappointed for a few minutes then move on. Too many other important things in life to let a game other people are playing get you in a funk.

Reactions: RorschachWJK

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
The next step for Finland would be to finally get rid of those adjectives that are stuck in the 80's. No matter how many times the Finns go toe to toe against the other top 5, they're still either gutsy, plucky, feisty, or pesky like some Smurf-coloured Switzerland. How about "good?" I'd settle for "dangerous," too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad