GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batsui

Nov 13, 2010
Connolly should have been the POG for Canada...he was the only one who actually played all 3 periods.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
canada could of tied it, but was smart decision by russian coach in pulling goalie. we had his number. backup kept them in game.

good job russians but sweden will take home GOLD

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Great comeback effort, full marks to the Russian goalie who came in a kept them from giving up the sixth goal.

Good win, Russia. As always, a terrific game against you.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
This game proves that Hockey is all about momentum and playing a full 60 minute game. i don't know what happened to the boys, but they had a terrible lapse, Russia played well and deserved to win, proud of Team Canada for almost tying it after being down 5 in the 3rd. Good luck to Russia and Sweden.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
This game ended up being a classic after all! Well all good things have to come to an end eventually, it was a nice streak of 10 in a row.

First time in a decade I have cheer for somebody else...

Time for Sweden to end their drought...:)

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
If Canada played their third period for the entire 60 minutes, it wouldn't have even been close.

I never understood this about some teams. My Bulls do this in the NBA all the time, play lethargic for the entire game then the last 10 minutes play with a ton of energy and make epic comebacks. Play with intensity the entire game!!!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I can't believe the free pass you guys are giving them when they only showed up to play for about 10minutes and they were spoiled brats for the other 50minutes.

What they almost pulled off in the 3rd period doesn't even come close to excusing the awful behavior on display in the first and second periods.

What's the alternative?

Getting all bitter and angry like you?

I got my entertainment value from the game, for sure.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Wow, what a game.

I honestly want to thank both the Russian and Canadian players for this game. Amazing.

Congrats Russia, you earned it. Plus your team is much better looking this year.

Fehr Time*

Clear penalties against Canada that should have been called in the last 10 minutes. But the right team won anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad