GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Tough game to lose, but a great character builder that will stick with the right guys on this team in the future.

These types of games are where you find out who the pros are going to be. If Gallager can find a team that'll give a little bugger like him a shot, he could be an amazing plugger in the show. Never say die.

Jenner, the dman who gave up on the sixth goal...even Hubie for the ten...the AHL awaits you.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
The Canadians played great in the 3rd, unfortunately you have to play the entire 60mins to win the game. What a great finish...I was upset with some of the lack of discipline shown by the Canadians earlier in the game but the team showed they could play as a team and they showed pride...just too late

Would have been great to see this game go into OT

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I'm in awe so many Canadian fans are 'proud' of our team....

If an NHL club only showed up to play for 15 of the 60 minutes, they get mercilessly dogged.

If anything this is worse, b/c they showed they had the skill to beat the Russians, but didnt put in enough effort, heart or discipline. That's unacceptable.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I was actually cheering for Russia after literally the two worst non calls I've ever seen in my entire life. I usually think the people who complain about refs and call them rigging it are morons, but Canada winning after those 2 noncalls would've been a joke and a black mark on the tournament and sport

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Exciting! Too bad Canada sucked so hard in the 2nd and wasted time gooning. Glad the players and crowd got more into it when they started playing hickey again. A heroic comeback and last-minute goalpost, doesn't get closer than that. Congrats Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad