GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
Wow that game was really something! Russia has an awesome goalie and hung in for the victory and I congratulate them. Also proud of Team Canada for an unbelievable performance in Period 3! Seems like Canada/Russia games are always exciting! I hope we beat them next year but if nothing else I'm sure it will be another exciting game!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think Sweden will win and it will be 3 different winners in 3 years.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
Lawwwdy my heart is still going nuts. The goalie change up by a goal with five minutes to go took some massive balls, but man it worked. Congrats to Russia, but you have to give Canada some credit there for their late effort.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Canada can't make the Gold Medal game every year! It's amazing to think that they made it there 10 times in a row before tonight's loss. Good luck to the finalists!

Kaktus*

Russians were so tired in the end.. That OT against Czech did not help.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
All I can see is Nathan ****ing Beaulieu completely giving up on that play where he got a penalty that lead to the 6th goal.. I can deal with Canada getting scored on, but that lack of heart earned him a spot on the bench the rest of the game and was the GWG..

It was a great almost-comeback.. Russia got three great bounces to start the game off and Canada didn't get back to their gameplan untill it was basically too late.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I said it before and i'll say it again, you need to have "stars" on your team. Russias best players (Kuznetsov, Yakupov etc..) played better then Canadas top players.

You need to have that stated top line and top PP unit that strike fear in the other teams. This whole "balance attack" BS DOES NOT WORK.

AugustBurnsRed*

I'm certainly not "proud" of that considering that they really only got to their game in the last 15 minutes.. but it made for entertaining hockey. Good luck to Russia!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Full credit to the Canadians, I thought it was over for sure at 6-1.

Then I thought they were finally getting revenge on last year's colossal choke by making the Russians choke even harder.

Almost pulled it off too, but too little too late. Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. :help:

Good luck to Russia in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->