GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
You know what, the celebrations by the Russians were in good taste. I mean nobody does the dogpile in a semi-final match-up but still.

Good luck to Sweden AND Russia. My only hope is it can be as exciting as this game.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
the last half of that third period was ****ing nuts. makarov stood on his head over the final few minutes to help russia hold on. again, ballsy move by bragin to change tenders, but i thought it was smart. had to try to change the tone somehow. kuznetsov was a horse, i swear he played the entire third period. should set up a great gold medal game!

His Beardliness*

Thanks for tiring them out, Canada. They looked about ready to die towards the end.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You can't win them all. Russia outplayed us tonight for most of the game. Canada gave it all they had until the end, and that's all we can ask for.

pavlelink

Dec 25, 2011
Vancouver
Canada should not have even gotten to 5-6, even as a Canadian fan, I have to admit the reffing was pretty biased towards Canada.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
Wonder how awful Beaulieau feels right now? I mean, I know that was just one of six goals, but at least when Murray was knocking them in he was making plays (although, I guess he did start that 3-on1).

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Yey, now we will have the canadian crowd with us in the final, instead of against us. And the russians looked overly happy after beating Canada as if they already got the cup.

I luv it.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I can't believe the free pass you guys are giving them when they only showed up to play for about 10minutes and they were spoiled brats for the other 50minutes.

What they almost pulled off in the 3rd period doesn't even come close to excusing the awful behavior on display in the first and second periods.

You sound mad.

They played like idiots and they lost because of it. But huge kudos to them for showing some heart and almost walking away with it in the end. Exciting stuff. :)

tenho995

Dec 29, 2011
thanks Canada, thanks Russia!!!:handclap:

THIS was the best hockey game ive seen in a looooong time :)

the most waited and the best game of this tuorney!:handclap:

Kaktus*

Canada should not have even gotten to 5-6, even as a Canadian fan, I have to admit the reffing was pretty biased towards Canada.

I am with you. Yup. Especially when Kuznicov was one on one and got tripped. Not even a single call.

Refs were giving it away to Russians. Agreed.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Russia won and they deserves to go to the Gold Medal game.

Good on Canada for coming back. Like another poster said, if they had not melted down in the 2nd it could have been different.

Jenner's spear really cost us. Too bad.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Great finish to a game that looked to be a blow out 50 minutes in. I am just disappointed that it took the Canadians 2.5 periods to realize that Russian defensemen cannot defend against the cycle (as usual).

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
I thought Canada played a much better overall game than Russia. If not for a few bounces I thought we should have won this thing. Gutsy call by the Russian coach to put Makarov in. If hockey was a 62 minute game I think Canada would have won it. Too bad.

Congrats to Russia, and congrats to Canada for a gutsy effort in the 3rd when it all looked lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->