GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 ‎(Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
I'm a Canadian who was cheering for Russia (Don't care that its my country I like cheering for the underdog)
Should of seen the hate I got, and now no one has anything to say to me

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Face it people it would have not even been a close game with the following available, its just the plain truth, nothing more, nothing less!! Take however you want it but put these 7 guys in the lineup and it is an 8 - 1 game for Canada, easy!

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Top 25 NHL scoring - Edmonton Oilers NHL
Eric Gudbranson - 6'4 205 lbs Dman - Florida Panthers NHL
Jeff Skinner - 44 career NHL goals - Carolina Hurricanes NHL
Sean Couturier - 6'4 200 lbs Center - Philadephia Flyers NHL
Ryan Johansen - 6'4 203 lbs Center - Columbus Blue Jackets NHL
Tyler Seguin - 54 career NHL points - Boston Bruins NHL
Devante Smith-Pelly(injured at WJC) - 6'0 211 lbs - Anaheim Ducks NHL

WOW, is all I can say, I mean seriously, what would the tournament have been like with those guys playing, WOW!!!!

Give it up, all I've been hearing for the past 3 years

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
because they have done it twice before jacka$$, its not even close when every Canadian junior hockey player of age is available. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

If that's the case, how come Canada doesn't win the Olympics every single time?

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
If that's the case, how come Canada doesn't win the Olympics every single time?

They do, it is just that the rest of the world doesn't know about it.

When they lose, they actually still win, because:
1) They out shot the opponent. Clear indicator of being a better team.
2) They didn't have all their best players on the roster. They actually never do, that's why it's impossible to defeat Canada. You just can't beat their "If if if" defense.
3) Canada lost at the Olympics? Whatever, dude, this tournament is a joke - all that matters is the WJC.
4) Canada lost at the WJC? Whatever, dude, this tournament is a joke - all that matters is the Olympics.

Dares

May 13, 2009

2) They didn't have all their best players on the roster. They actually never do, that's why it's impossible to defeat Canada. You just can't beat their "If if if" defense.
3) Canada lost at the Olympics? Whatever, dude, this tournament is a joke - all that matters is the WJC.
4) Canada lost at the WJC? Whatever, dude, this tournament is a joke - all that matters is the Olympics.

Epic - Canadiens print this on a 1x1 m size and have it as a poster
or this is how your new flag should look like :nod:

bruleurdeloups

Dec 24, 2011
Paris

canada is Unbeatable, they should try in other sports. All-round absolute Olympic champions in all disciplines, their team just never attended the Olympic event. What a shame.

4thliner*

The guys on TSN were saying Stone is was battling the flu before the game and a hand injury.

I suspect it is that same hand job Jensen did on him.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005

Nothing hard to understand. One group wishes the worst for another because another group wishes the worst for the other, and so on and so on. We can argue who started it first, but when the Canadian crowd boos everything American and people here want to claim it is because the other team is the underdog, don't be scratching your head wondering "why would you wish us to lose?" Love when people play dumb.

norDMan

Jan 5, 2012
Russia, Murmansk
In thinking about the art of hockey right...

1186191.bin

Torino 2006

n533564362_917664_1033.jpg

Quebec 2008

137295199.jpg

Bern 2009

WHY LIE GUY

Nov 28, 2011
I love how when Canada loses, the swedes, americans, and russians all band together and air their grievances with Canadian hockey.

It's kind of cute ;)

Dares

May 13, 2009
I love how when Canada loses, the swedes, americans, and russians all band together and air their grievances with Canadian hockey.

It's kind of cute ;)

what do u expect, they have played dirty since forever, they know how to win but dont know how to lose, they are the RATS in this sport.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga

It's kind of cute ;)
everybody loves underdogs, nobody loves favourites. Canada will never be the underdog (at least not in the following few years, who knows maybe Russians really are on a rise and USA, Sweden will gain on them too) so there you go... How many (who are not Americans) actually cheer for the US in Olympic basketball?
That's what you get when you're considered favourite everywhere you play.

bruleurdeloups

Dec 24, 2011
Paris
everybody loves underdogs, nobody loves favourites. Canada will never be the underdog (at least not in the following few years, who knows maybe Russians really are on a rise and USA, Sweden will gain on them too) so there you go... How many (who are not Americans) actually cheer for the US in Olympic basketball?
That's what you get when you're considered favourite everywhere you play.

Ferrari were very popular all this 20 last years in F1, they won quite everything. I never heard about enormous Minardi fan club.

So people do hate dirty teams. This is the only relevant thing we can say here.

usual suspects

Jan 2, 2006
Fredericton, NB
i dont get this gold or bust thing for canada, we cant always be the best

I know. I don't get it either. How boring would it be if the same country won every year. Despite being dissapointed they lost, I enjoy the drama.

My fellow Canadians still don't seem to understand that yes we could maybe ice two teams.... but the other countries can ice 1 team as good as our first or at the very least enough talent to beat them in a one game take all.

The media doesn't help with putting so much emphasis on them winning either with the commercials or replaying previous victories and making legends out of former world jr. players.

I get critical of TC but in the end it's just a hockey game.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Ferrari were very popular all this 20 last years in F1, they won quite everything. I never heard about enormous Minardi fan club.
don't know, I'm judging by myself, I loved Ferrari when Schumacher fought for the title with Hakkinen but when they started to win just because of technical superiority, I searched for another pilot to root for and found him in Renault's Alonso... I wasn't disappointed later.
Sure there are people that are very loyal to foreign clubs/teams but I don't think Ferrari had quite as much fans when Schumacher cruised to the champion title easy than they had when there was the big McLaren vs Ferrari fight for championship... the same with Canada vs others, if Russia wins two in row, next year I think there will be less Canada bashing and American, Swedish etc. fans will share some ''love'' with Russia too... Swedes might start already this evening :laugh:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nothing hard to understand. One group wishes the worst for another because another group wishes the worst for the other, and so on and so on. We can argue who started it first, but when the Canadian crowd boos everything American and people here want to claim it is because the other team is the underdog, don't be scratching your head wondering "why would you wish us to lose?" Love when people play dumb.

The confusing part is where he said he doesn't care about how his country does and isn't much of a hockey fan anymore. Can you justify that. I would think everyone on this board is a hockey fan of some sort and are here to cheer for a team. Snd sure they can dislike another team. But just being on here to cheer against a team is rather puzzling wouldn't you agree. Maybe you could read the post next time? :dunno:

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
There is absolutely nothing good being posted in this thread right now. I think the 'discussion' has passed.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
no one here cares about world champion tournament cause it isnt the best of the best

now this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad