GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 ‎(Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

Everyone knows if Canada would ice their best eligible roster (Hall, Seguin, Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins, Skinner, Huberdreau ...) they'd be unstopbable.

Even their B team stormed back from 6 - 1 so they are still the goliath in this game.

If Canada this.. if Canada that.. :biglaugh: Game is done. Russia was also missing some quality players in Galiev, Namestnikov, Marchenko, Grigorenko, Rukavishnikov (playing at 50%), Telegin- and was tired, playing pretty much 3 lines, yet they were still up 6-1. But ye, keep thinking that the rest of the world is FAR FAR behind Canada.

Destroyer100

We will just win the Gold Medal next year in Russia in front of a russian crowd.

Eaglepride*

The first or bust thing is the same in every country if something is their nationalsport #1. It has advantages and disadvantages.

Fulcrum

We will just win the Gold Medal next year in Russia in front of a russian crowd.

Very possible, I just hope some Canadian fans stop acting like it's for sure and they deserve to win "every year" brainwash crap. Canada is just ONE of great hockey countries...

Fulcrum

The first or bust thing is the same in every country if something is their nationalsport #1. It has advantages and disadvantages.

Not quiet true. Russia for example AIMS to win gold each year, but outright everyone says that it's sports and All medals are respectable. There's still a difference between aiming for the top and declaring it a "first or bust". The latter being disrespectful to oponents and yourself, if you don't finish first.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Everyone knows if Canada would ice their best eligible roster (Hall, Seguin, Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins, Skinner, Huberdreau ...) they'd be unstopbable.

then don't enter the tournament if you are fielding a team that can't compete.

or

everyone knows that if Canada had scored on the 5 on 3 in the 1st period, or taken advantage of the GIFT non-call on the Russian break-away in the 3rd period, they would have won.

or

everyone knows that if the Russians didn't relax up 6-1 in the 3rd, it would have been 10-1

if if if

face it, they beat you. fair and square. Russia got calls in the 2nd, Canada got the calls in the 3rd ...

if if if

if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a car

jeezus:cry:

Destroyer100

Being a big Canadian fan and how i was really upset they didn't beat the russians i will agree and say that Russia outplayed them in the first two periods and Canada should have just showed up for the 3rd period because they played like crap in the other two. The first two periods it looked like Canada was out for a sunday skate with granny. The 3rd period they outplayed the Russian but it was too late.

EDIT: I'm new here and this is my 3rd post just curious how you guys get those cool faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eaglepride*

or

everyone knows that if Canada had scored on the 5 on 3 in the 1st period, or taken advantage of the GIFT non-call on the Russian break-away in the 3rd period, they would have won.

or

everyone knows that if the Russians didn't relax up 6-1 in the 3rd, it would have been 10-1

if if if

face it, they beat you. fair and square. Russia got calls in the 2nd, Canada got the calls in the 3rd ...

if if if

Well they didn't beat me nor my team.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

or

or

if if if

if if if

Thank you! No one could say it better than that. First, if your team lacks the talent or ability to compete for the top stop, then you might want to consider not entering the tournament. Second, why is it an automatic, given fact that if all those U20 Canadian NHLers were somehow made available, victory would be inevitable? The Russian/American/Swedish national teamers will be NHLers (or KHLers) by this time next year, so why is it that Nugent-Hopkins and the others would just skate them as if they were pylons? Did they suddenly transcend into a higher-level being after their first NHL training camp?

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
It will never end with some of the Canadian fans (not all of them). Last year, they thought it impossible to lose against Russia. This year was the same, and next year will still be the same...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It will never end with some of the Canadian fans (not all of them). Last year, they thought it impossible to lose against Russia. This year was the same, and next year will still be the same...

Judging Canadians by reading what you see on this board is like judging life as an astronaut based on what you see on Star Trek.

I talked to about 50 Canadians today, and none of them said what you posted we say.

People on message boards talk tough, but in reality we all know that this is a tournament we can win OR lose every year. Nothing is guaranteed.

Anyone who thinks that Canada owns this thing does not really know how the game is played...on the ice...not on a message board.

To be honest, I have seen more negative reaction out of the Americans on this board hoping we would react the way you are suggesting, than actual reactions by honest to goodness Canucks. Most Canadians accept and understand the loss. We wanted better, but we're not shocked or making excuses. One team fought harder for it for 50 minutes of the game. Good on them.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Yakupov and kuznetsov being decried for post game comments percieved as arrogant/dismissive in media. Are people really so clueless as to not realize english isn't their first language and probably why they're being (mis) interpreted as ingracious?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
What happened after the game? How much/little did Russia celebrate? What was said to Jenner after the hit that led to the spear?

If some people from both countries who were at the game can answer some of those questions above that would be great.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Judging Canadians by reading what you see on this board is like judging life as an astronaut based on what you see on Star Trek.

I talked to about 50 Canadians today, and none of them said what you posted we say.

People on message boards talk tough, but in reality we all know that this is a tournament we can win OR lose every year. Nothing is guaranteed.

Anyone who thinks that Canada owns this thing does not really know how the game is played...on the ice...not on a message board.

To be honest, I have seen more negative reaction out of the Americans on this board hoping we would react the way you are suggesting, than actual reactions by honest to goodness Canucks. Most Canadians accept and understand the loss. We wanted better, but we're not shocked or making excuses. One team fought harder for it for 50 minutes of the game. Good on them.
Well, I also live in Canada and I can safely say that most people I've talked to are the reflection of most Canadian fans on hfboards.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Thank you! No one could say it better than that. First, if your team lacks the talent or ability to compete for the top stop, then you might want to consider not entering the tournament. Second, why is it an automatic, given fact that if all those U20 Canadian NHLers were somehow made available, victory would be inevitable? The Russian/American/Swedish national teamers will be NHLers (or KHLers) by this time next year, so why is it that Nugent-Hopkins and the others would just skate them as if they were pylons? Did they suddenly transcend into a higher-level being after their first NHL training camp?

because they have done it twice before jacka$$, its not even close when every Canadian junior hockey player of age is available. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Well, I also live in Canada and I can safely say that most people I've talked to are the reflection of most Canadian fans on hfboards.

Really? The constant with all people at work today was Canada wasn't really that good of a team this year. In addition, the overall talent pool of this years competition on all teams was low.

The Russian team doesn't stack up well against recent teams in terms of talent, but they are the better than most in this tourney(Sweden is on par).

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site

Face it people it would have not even been a close game with the following available, its just the plain truth, nothing more, nothing less!! Take however you want it but put these 7 guys in the lineup and it is an 8 - 1 game for Canada, easy!

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Top 25 NHL scoring - Edmonton Oilers NHL
Eric Gudbranson - 6'4 205 lbs Dman - Florida Panthers NHL
Jeff Skinner - 44 career NHL goals - Carolina Hurricanes NHL
Sean Couturier - 6'4 200 lbs Center - Philadephia Flyers NHL
Ryan Johansen - 6'4 203 lbs Center - Columbus Blue Jackets NHL
Tyler Seguin - 54 career NHL points - Boston Bruins NHL
Devante Smith-Pelly(injured at WJC) - 6'0 211 lbs - Anaheim Ducks NHL

WOW, is all I can say, I mean seriously, what would the tournament have been like with those guys playing, WOW!!!!

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Face it people it would have not even been a close game with the following available, its just the plain truth, nothing more, nothing less!! Take however you want it but put these 7 guys in the lineup and it is an 8 - 1 game for Canada, easy!

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Top 25 NHL scoring - Edmonton Oilers NHL
Eric Gudbranson - 6'4 205 lbs Dman - Florida Panthers NHL
Jeff Skinner - 44 career NHL goals - Carolina Hurricanes NHL
Sean Couturier - 6'4 200 lbs Center - Philadephia Flyers NHL
Ryan Johansen - 6'4 203 lbs Center - Columbus Blue Jackets NHL
Tyler Seguin - 54 career NHL points - Boston Bruins NHL
Devante Smith-Pelly(injured at WJC) - 6'0 211 lbs - Anaheim Ducks NHL

WOW, is all I can say, I mean seriously, what would the tournament have been like with those guys playing, WOW!!!!

800_cp_canada_loses_2_120103.jpg

YOU MAD?

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Any time Canada loses is a good night, any time Canada gets knocked out of a gold medal game is even better! Great job Russia, hope you win the gold. :yo:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Any time Canada loses is a good night, any time Canada gets knocked out of a gold medal game is even better! Great job Russia, hope you win the gold. :yo:

almost as funny as when a team expected to compete for a medal ends up on the relegation side.:laugh:

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
almost as funny as when a team expected to compete for a medal ends up on the relegation side.:laugh:

Only thing funny here is you think I care how team USA does, I don't, I'm not even much of a hockey fan anymore, I just love seeing Canada lose. :yo:

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
He's just like many others here. They don't care how their own country does, as long as Canada loses they're happy.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Only thing funny here is you think I care how team USA does, I don't, I'm not even much of a hockey fan anymore, I just love seeing Canada lose. :yo:

not much of a hockey fan? what are you doing here...?

Loved this game, mostly because I'm excited for Kuznetsov to come over to the Caps. Hope USA comes back strong, I still remember having no pants when John Carlson won it in overtime! That was awesome.

The Canadians making excuses or using the "If this happened...they would have won" argument...Well yeah no ****, if you scored more goals than the other team, you would have won. But you didn't so take the loss and better luck next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad