Selanne and Kariya in the Hockey Hall of Fame!

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
his team records are dropping as the Twins are slowly surpassing them. To hockey, Kariya is HHOF. As a Ducks fan, congrats, but no, he doesn't need to have his jersey retired.

The Samueli's depicted it best. Teemu and Kariya are HHOF's. Teemu is great with the Ducks community. Kariya helped establish it, but nothing more. Kariya's records are dropping. Kariya pursued "his hockey dreams", not "ducks hockey dreams". Which is why he can be a HHOF, but not get his number retired.

Pff the twins were not on the receiving end of career altering (ending) cheapshots to the head.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pff the twins were not on the receiving end of career altering (ending) cheapshots to the head.

Yeah, Perry gets more shots to the groin than head that's for sure. I don't know with the way he plays how he's avoided more serious injuries although he's taken a couple of knees in his time.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Karyia is our first ever draft pick he was a elite player for our team and helped to build up the fanbase and is now a hall of famer. We should retire his number.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Kariya put the team on the map. His departure still left a couple scars but I think he absolutely deserves to have 9 hanging in the rafters.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Kinda funny that, in a video where they welcome back a player who stayed away from the sport out of bitterness over a lack of protection against head injuries and especially for being forced back too soon, they use the "off the floor, on the board" audio from an incident in which he clearly returned too soon.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
It's good to see Paul smiling. He doesn't do enough of that.
Yeah, at least not his recent public appearances. Even in that crossing out of the “9” during the playoffs he didn’t really smile that big.

This just reminds me of those good old days when they were playing together.

I know it’s a weird thought, but God, I wish we could’ve seen the line of Teemu/Andy McDonald/PK

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Yeah, at least not his recent public appearances. Even in that crossing out of the “9” during the playoffs he didn’t really smile that big.

This just reminds me of those good old days when they were playing together.

I know it’s a weird thought, but God, I wish we could’ve seen the line of Teemu/Andy McDonald/PK

Seeing those 3 together would of been a great sight to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad