Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
They had a loge table for $60,000 for all 4 seats. Better deal than the SN club and Sky lounge

Well you are paying almost 15000-20000 more then 4 seats in either of those sections and you have to commit for like 4 or 6 years (can't remember). Don't see how it's a better deal.
What are the extra benefits of being in loge seating compared to Sportsnet or Sky lounge?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
thanx @Triz! i'm trying to figure out where i want to buy seats this year for a few Oiler games and i needed to know more details.

http://oilers.io-media.com/web/index.html#

If you click on the last row of the upper deck you can see the drink rail seats. You can spin the view and look around and behind and see the concourse behind you.

Biggest problem with bowl seats in the upper bowl is you can only access them from the upper concourse. Unlike Rexall where you could access the upper bowl a variety of ways in Rogers Place it is only from the upper concourse.

So imagine you are sitting in the first row of the upper bowl (sweet seats!) but need to hit the bathroom.

You are walking back up to the upper bowl, locating a bar, waiting in line, waiting for a stoppage, walking back down.

Need a beer?

You are walking back up to the upper bowl, locating a bathroom, waiting for a stoppage, walking back down.

As well, compare the views. Last row in a section isn't much worse than first row.

That's my 2¢

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
^ To be fair, there are only 12 rows in the upper bowl so it will be easier to get to the concourse which is MUCH bigger than the Rexall upper concourse (that thing was a joke). The larger upper concourse will also have many more amenities and bathrooms resulting in less time spent missing the game.

The amount of washrooms and point of sale locations in the new rink is massively larger than Rexall, these services will be a night and day difference especially when the Rogers Place app is used which will show how long lines/wait times are at the concessions and bathrooms. With 5 levels of concourses, people will be distributed much better than 90% of the people at Rexall cramming the main concourse.

http://www.rogersplace.com/concourse-maps/

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just a couple random comments but I sometimes wonder if we were a bit spoiled with the no obstruction design of Rexall. I know people won't miss much about the rink apparently, but in the new design a few things put me off in relation.

All the club seating, SN, etc has partition surrounding it so that if you are sitting on one end of that or another theres a wall right next to you. A bit odd. I like to be able to see everything at a rink. Or during concerts. They'll be many concert setups where these seats may not be seeing the whole show on bigger production tours.

Next some of the upper seating around the rink is very close to line of vision with the jumbotron. I mean you just barely see the end of the rink from the other end with the jumbo situated where it is(if the views are accurate in the link above) But again I wonder how that works out for concert views and how high they can yank the jumbotron to get it out of the way. (This has probably been posted but I missed it.

Lastly the girder trusses in the new rink are, sorry, ugly. I loved the radiating free standing girder design of Rexall. This one looks like some kind of bridges holding up the roof. Or an attic. Probably not what most people think about but Oilers games tend to have me looking skywards a lot. ;)

sdimedru

Jan 19, 2007
Just a couple random comments but I sometimes wonder if we were a bit spoiled with the no obstruction design of Rexall. I know people won't miss much about the rink apparently, but in the new design a few things put me off in relation.

All the club seating, SN, etc has partition surrounding it so that if you are sitting on one end of that or another theres a wall right next to you. A bit odd. I like to be able to see everything at a rink. Or during concerts. They'll be many concert setups where these seats may not be seeing the whole show on bigger production tours.

Next some of the upper seating around the rink is very close to line of vision with the jumbotron. I mean you just barely see the end of the rink from the other end with the jumbo situated where it is(if the views are accurate in the link above) But again I wonder how that works out for concert views and how high they can yank the jumbotron to get it out of the way. (This has probably been posted but I missed it.

Lastly the girder trusses in the new rink are, sorry, ugly. I loved the radiating free standing girder design of Rexall. This one looks like some kind of bridges holding up the roof. Or an attic. Probably not what most people think about but Oilers games tend to have me looking skywards a lot. ;)

The support doesn't bother me, but I can't disagree with this

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
SAVE THE DATE:
ROGERS PLACE SEASON SEAT HOLDER OPEN HOUSE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11

Please join us on Sunday, September 11, 2016 for the Season Seat Holder Open House at Rogers Place to check out your Season Seats and the fantastic new arena!

Season Seat Holders will be provided up to four complimentary tickets per account beginning Tuesday, August 23 at 10:00 AM through your Oilers Account Manager.

You will be required to book a scheduled arrival/entrance slot between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. This will allow us to space out crowds and give the thousands of interested people the opportunity to attend.

Guests will receive a souvenir booklet that will provide maps for their self-guided tour of Rogers Place, which will take between 60 to 90 minutes.

Among the highlights of the tour will be seeing the Ford Hall artwork by world-renowned Indigenous artist Alex Javier, the NHL’s largest true high-definition scoreboard, and the bright, wide concourses offering an impressive array of food and beverage options.

We look forward to welcoming you at Rogers Place!

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
http://oilers.io-media.com/web/index.html#

If you click on the last row of the upper deck you can see the drink rail seats. You can spin the view and look around and behind and see the concourse behind you.

Biggest problem with bowl seats in the upper bowl is you can only access them from the upper concourse. Unlike Rexall where you could access the upper bowl a variety of ways in Rogers Place it is only from the upper concourse.

So imagine you are sitting in the first row of the upper bowl (sweet seats!) but need to hit the bathroom.

You are walking back up to the upper bowl, locating a bar, waiting in line, waiting for a stoppage, walking back down.

Need a beer?

You are walking back up to the upper bowl, locating a bathroom, waiting for a stoppage, walking back down.

As well, compare the views. Last row in a section isn't much worse than first row.

That's my 2¢

I don't know about you but I'm going to get my beer from the bar and urinate in the bathroom. If you wanna do it the other way around then suit yourself.

Kennedy2013

Jan 11, 2014
Hey guys I looking for someone that needs a partner for 2 tickets. I would be interested in a split with someone. Let me know if you have some tickets you're looking for a partner for. Thanks

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Do the Oilers usually pre-sell Oil Kings games to Oilers Season Ticket holders before the general public gets a chance?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I don't know about you but I'm going to get my beer from the bar and urinate in the bathroom. If you wanna do it the other way around then suit yourself.

And you got me there LOL! I messed that one up pretty good.

Based on my experience with Rexall beer it seemed like the bathroom was a fitting place to assume it came from.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I got kicked out of the process and had to start over a few times. The last time it told me I had already used my offer but the tickets were in my cart so I finished it from there. All good now, tickets in my account. I can't manage them though.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
i'm not having any luck either. Are all season ticket holders guaranteed 4 tickets or is there a limit?

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
Same here! I'm getting this message: Unfortunately there are no items for sale at this time. Please check back later as items may become available to purchase. Click "home" to return to the homepage.

I'll keep trying, hopefully it works soon!

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
best just to call in, i called and they did it over the phone for me.

Thanks i took your advice! - turns out because i'm on the seat registry (and not yet an actual seat holder) i don't qualify, which is fair enough, although they weren't sure why the option showed up for myself and another registry member in our account managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia