GDT: Season Game 1: Red Wings at Devils 7:30 pm et 10/12/23 espn+

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
All 4 of them are dmen their previous fanbases couldn't wait to get rid of. I'm really not expecting much out of that group. Edvinsson and Maatta should be on this roster.
Yep, our D is made up of a bunch of rejects and castaways from other teams, yet for some odd reason people on HF are thinking playoffs 🤣

Reactions: Realgud

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I wonder if the people here watch the games or check the stats at all.

Anyhow Husso lost the game. That was a super soft goal.
I believe the shots were 12 to 4 after 1st.
2nd goal was Sprongs mistake. He had to be aggressive there and knock Hughes on his can there and even take a penalty if needed. I believe it was Sprong.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I wonder if the people here watch the games or check the stats at all.

Anyhow Husso lost the game. That was a super soft goal.
I believe the shots were 12 to 4 after 1st.
2nd goal was Sprongs mistake. He had to be aggressive there and knock Hughes on his can there and even take a penalty if needed. I believe it was Sprong.

If you believe your goaltender should post shutouts every game then yes, Husso lost the game. NJ was super dangerous most of the game. I thought Husso was excellent.

I’m pretty happy with the game. As some mentioned, we look like a playoff team (1 game in).

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
1697175600113.png

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Well, good push back from the fellas. Too bad they didn’t get the first goal. But with the way the calls were falling I doubt that would have mattered.

Sometimes the ref f***s the other team. Sometimes the ref f***s our team. And he definitely f***ed us tonight.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If you believe your goaltender should post shutouts every game then yes, Husso lost the game. NJ was super dangerous most of the game. I thought Husso was excellent.

I’m pretty happy with the game. As some mentioned, we look like a playoff team (1 game in).
That was the softest goal our goalies have allowed last 10 years or even longer. The timing was even worse.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Also guess who scored their first goal in his first game for the Sharks?? Can you guess? Ding ding ding Zadina lol. We'll see how long he can keep it that up.

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No difference for pre-season. Top line is the worst and Seider struggling too.

Team played a good game against strong opponent. Proably 9-game winning streak incoming.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Really good game against a potential cup contender. Play like that and we’re going to win a lot of games.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Well, good push back from the fellas. Too bad they didn’t get the first goal. But with the way the calls were falling I doubt that would have mattered.

Sometimes the ref f***s the other team. Sometimes the ref f***s our team. And he definitely f***ed us tonight.
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug."

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If the wings play the defensive system that Lalonde is implementing and do not stray away from this system at all, we win this game 2-1.
The first period.

If we stray a few times or the whole time, we lose 5-2.
The second period.

It would be absolutely amazing if we stuck with the system and we outright dominate an offensive juggernaut lineup in NJD and said "Welcome to the Red Wings that everyone has 7th place in the Atlantic."
Lots of things to continue to work on. I know he's young and I'm not concerned, but I'd like to see Mo take another step this year, at least in the consistency department. Not a good game from him at all.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Great game, guys. Very fast and intensive hockey. Its not that hard to understand what Yzerman is trying when he is drafting very fast and mobile two way players. Haters-сuckolds should be quiet for at least one game. Only few teams showed this level of pressure against the Devils in previous season.

Reactions: Realgud

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

I only caught the 3rd period, but I did notice some very odd missed calls against the wings and then a super soft call against the wings.

Also, Ghost looked real bad. I didn’t notice how slow he looks in his own end. I believe it was the 3rd goal where Petry iced the puck; the build up to the icing was hard to watch Ghost maneuver around his own end.

If this team is going to be successful this year in achieving a playoff spot, coach Lalonde will have to be really prudent on his roster deployment. Quite a few players who can only play half the game this year on this team and will need sheltered minutes in order to have individual success.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Wings looked like a real team last night. @ NJ is a tough season opener, and the Wings made it a game.

I think Yzerman (and anyone who actually develops NHL talent for a living) would tell you that the NHL is not a developmental league. Rushing players to the pros that aren't ready actually negatively impacts development.

Now this isn't the case for Edvinsson and Berggren right now, although Johnny Burgers hasn't been nearly as exciting as when he first started showing up in the lineup last year. I think Edvinsson just returned way sooner than expected and Yzerman thinks higher of development in the AHL than you people so he thinks having 8 NHL level players (in his mind) is a good thing and not a bad thing like some people.

I dont mean play PROSPECTS. Ed and Berggy are NHL players now and should get the nod over crap vets. Petry proved it.

Reactions: dragonballgtz

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I don’t think that’s true at all. This effort doesn’t get them into the playoffs. Husso bailed them out way too much to make that claim.
So rephrasing: Our goalie played so well that you feel as though we have no chance to make the playoffs.

Alright, I think I'll remove myself from this sauna of pessimistic hot-takes, my toes just started to pucker.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad