NPPG: Season 3 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hey Jonsey, how did Yoshi and King Weber both have Subban in the WPG game?

Edit: NVM I saw in the actual game thread what happened...

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Alright, I'm back to work. I forgot to send the excel file to myself so I haven't had access to it in 10 days. Hoping to get an update today, depending on how the work day goes.

Sorry guys and gals.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
As to the conversation in the daily thread, someone posed the question "How can you be a Preds fan and pick opposing players?"

For me, I pick probably 50% or higher in opposing players. I do this mostly because I don't always feel like looking up who I picked in the last five games, so I'll grab an opponent. I can also hope that the Preds win the game but my pick gets a goal for the opponent in the loss.

Basically, it's just a fun game where you're picking a single player to have a small bit of success, it's not the same as actively rooting against the Predators such as if you were placing Vegas bets on the outcome of the game. As long as the Preds win, i'm happy, I really don't care if my pick doesn't get any points for NPPG and that goes for when I pick Preds players as well. Pick Johansen and he goes scoreless but the Preds win the game? That's all I care about.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Jonesey, for next season, assuming we haven't all drained you of the energy to run this thing again, maybe we need some penalty involved for posters who just can't seem to stay within the lane on format, keeping current on latest picks before posting their own (and leading to a bunch of confusion on whose pick is valid, etc)? Some of the days the picks become a total shit show and its often the same users over and over again.

Anyway - it's awesome what you have come up with here and it's a treat for us!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Jonesey, for next season, assuming we haven't all drained you of the energy to run this thing again, maybe we need some penalty involved for posters who just can't seem to stay within the lane on format, keeping current on latest picks before posting their own (and leading to a bunch of confusion on whose pick is valid, etc)? Some of the days the picks become a total **** show and its often the same users over and over again.

Anyway - it's awesome what you have come up with here and it's a treat for us!

It's an interesting idea. The only problem is I don't think it's intentional. When the posts get messed up it's because they are posting nearly on top of each other. I always refresh after I post just to make sure I haven't missed anything though.

Reactions: myFialabot

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I don't think it's intentional either, for sure. Just some light penalty for repeated infractions maybe to help those few that don't refresh before posting/incentive to learn how to copy paste/etc. Either way, it's seriously fun. I hope it gives you some sense of pride or joy that you have provided us such a great time with this diversion.

Reactions: Jonesey

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
When I'm posting from my phone, sometimes it simply WON'T copy paste (sometimes it does, you never can tell) which is why I'll post and ask for someone to add it in. I really can't afford to buy a new phone right now, as much as it annoys me.

Reactions: predfan98

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
When I'm posting from my phone, sometimes it simply WON'T copy paste (sometimes it does, you never can tell) which is why I'll post and ask for someone to add it in. I really can't afford to buy a new phone right now, as much as it annoys me.

reply to last post
erase quote tags
add your choice

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I actually just posted the ASG thread! It should be a lot better this season since I changed up how points are awarded!

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Hey Jonesey, shouldn't I have two points for Rinne against Florida?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad