NPPG: Season 3 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm stupid. I picked him for the TBL game. Forget I said anything. You are doing a great job.
I did that one time. Was so excited that whoever I picked had scored and gotten an assist...but no points. :( Then I realized that I had picked him the game before.

Reactions: Jonesey

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
No offense to the people he passed but as much as I always seem to get screwed by the ASG, I'm pleased that JustAFinnishGuy used the ASG to jump into a playoff spot. He's been money on GDTs this season..

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I hope the ASG didn't screw anyone. I think this was the best result we've had so far!

It was a nice boost to a few people but nothing one or two good picks can't overcome!

Reactions: PredsV82

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
It's getting to be a timing battle as much as anything - maybe we should allow each player to be picked twice?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
It's getting to be a timing battle as much as anything - maybe we should allow each player to be picked twice?
Top 10 were made in approx. an hour so I don't think that's needed.
Everyone who wants to, technically has ample time to get in the Top 10.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I don't think that allowing a copy of a player is the answer but I do think we could look at other alternatives.

One idea I tossed around was being able to pick anyone you wanted as long as you hadn't picked them within the last 5 games. The downfall to that would be we would lose out on anyone picking Jarnkrok.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
A larger, arbitrary number of games that you cannot pick the same player like 6 or 7 might even the top picks out to everyone (eg. when FF#9 has been in the lineup, he has always been picked in the top 5).
But this whole thing is a work in progress and it's good to have ideas exchanged.
Still, I was one of the last picks and got Doughty's defense partner Gravel. Everyone picks Preds players first so when I wake up I go for a middle 6 NSH player or top 6/top 4 D from the visitor.
So I always pick the visitor side, since they're out on the ice more than a NSH middle/bottom 6'er.

Last edited:

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Not when I'm working. I often don't get to check my phone before 11:30, and usually by then you are picking scraps
Lots of us actually work in the evenings at least some of the time and don't necessarily have the opportunity to put in a pick in the first couple of hours.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Lots of us actually work in the evenings at least some of the time and don't necessarily have the opportunity to put in a pick in the first couple of hours.
Yeah I work 5pm-5am, and sometimes it's when I get off work I get to pick. Not complaining, just how it is for some of us.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't think that allowing a copy of a player is the answer but I do think we could look at other alternatives.

One idea I tossed around was being able to pick anyone you wanted as long as you hadn't picked them within the last 5 games. The downfall to that would be we would lose out on anyone picking Jarnkrok.

I was thinking about this after the ASG version. Allowing anyone to be picked, but mandate that you have to pick a player from each team.

It's probably not a great idea because it would create double the work for you though. And as you noted, nobody would ever pick outside of the top 4-5 players on each team.

Right now I don't see a better way to do it than what we've got now. But maybe someone will come up with something at some point.

Reactions: Jonesey

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It doesn't matter when you make the time some people will have a disadvantage. 7am central time on game day would be better for me most times but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would be hurt by that time as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

I'd pick him every 6th game, though. ;-) I am his original fan.

Honestly I like it the way it is. If I'm early I might get to pick a Forsberg or a Johansen or whoever, but that doesn't mean he'll get points. I picked Josi last night and in a 5-0 game with 5 different scorers I got zero points. I've had as much luck with the Hartnells and Watsons as the top 6.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Jonesey , are you updating the standings somewhere else? Its getting had for this old man to remember who I picked the last 5 games..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Jonesey , are you updating the standings somewhere else? Its getting had for this old man to remember who I picked the last 5 games..
Only one I see he's missed is last night's game.
Your last 6 (going backwards, i.e. Jarnkrok was last game)
Jarnkrok
Bonino
Johansen
Hutton
Shea Weber
Anderson

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Jarnkrok
Bonino
Johansen
Hutton
Shea Weber
Anderson
missing 2/19 OTT & 2/20 DET.

thanks for your hard work @Jonesey .. i know it's a job!

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Jarnkrok
Bonino
Johansen
Hutton
Shea Weber
Anderson

Maybe it's a glitch with my phone but on my screen the last game I see is the Blues game 55.

But thank you and thank you Jonesey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad