NPPG: Season 3 of the Nashville Predators Points Game

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Well, what a season. The shortest off-season in Nashville Predators history!

We are ready to get started on Season 3 of the NPPG! Here's a refresher of the rules!

You can pick either 1 player or 1 goalie from either team.

I have tweaked the goalie scoring. If the goalie gets a shutout, he no longer gets the win and shutout points, now it will be a flat score (shutout loss = 3 shutout win =5)

RULES:
1. Cannot pick a player who's already been picked(first come first serve).
2. May not pick the same player within a 5 game period.
3. May not pick first, two consecutive times.
4. Thread to be made 24 hours prior to puck drop(anyone can start the points game thread).
5. Player picking ends at puck drop.

POINTS SCORING:

Players:
Goal: 2pts
Assist: 1pt
Hat Trick: 10pts
4 goals: 15pts
5 goals: 20pts
5 for Fighting: 1pt
Gordie Howe Hat Trick(Gx2pts, Ax2pts, Fightx2pts): 8pts

Goalies:
Win/OT/Shoot Out Win: 2pts
Shutout loss: 3pts
Shutout win: 5pts
Picking Goalie that comes off the bench: 5pts(I.E. Saros comes in any time during the game to replace Rinne, you are awarded 5pts).
Goal: 5pts
Assist: 2pts
5 for fighting: 5pts

Good luck!
NPPG Champions

SeasonRegular SeasonPlayoffs
2015-2016Roman YoshiWeeze
2016-2017GratefulpredRoman Yoshi
2017-2018ScoresbergDatsyukian Deke
2018-2019--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

eRs4oOC.png

Last edited:

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I always struggle with rule 2, just because I can never remember who I last picked. Having said that, given that I usually miss the threads and probably only pick once every 10 games I'm maybe not at risk of it anyway :laugh:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The biggest problem I have is that if you're not the first one to start the thread, your options drop like a rock.

Perhaps something about if a player has been picked in the top five three games in a row, he's ineligible to be picked until say 30 minutes before gametime?

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yea, I'm in! I really dislike Jw's suggestion.. nothing personal! I have a hard enough time keeping track of the last 5 I picked , it would be very cumbersome to go back into 3 games and see who the top 5 are and not be able to pick them. This is fast and easy!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
What's yer point?

I hope to get started with Game 1 but since I'll be out of town it'll depend on whether I can figure out how to do it on my phone. :) I'll actually be in the Boston area when we play them so I plan to be that obnoxious away fan cheering our goals in their bar (with my 83 year old mother--ha!)

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to use the next week to voice them!!!!

can you clarify, if a player gets a hatty, he gets 10 instead of 6, not 10+the 6 from the individual goals, right?

(not sure why Im asking, as the new forums are on the banned list at work, so I'll probably miss quite a few games)

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Yea, I'm in! I really dislike Jw's suggestion.. nothing personal! I have a hard enough time keeping track of the last 5 I picked , it would be very cumbersome to go back into 3 games and see who the top 5 are and not be able to pick them. This is fast and easy!

Yeah it might work if we had an easy way to know who we can't pick but as it is it's too much. Don't worry Jw, you can challenge me for last place this season :D

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
can you clarify, if a player gets a hatty, he gets 10 instead of 6, not 10+the 6 from the individual goals, right?

(not sure why Im asking, as the new forums are on the banned list at work, so I'll probably miss quite a few games)
Correct, a hat trick is worth 10, the individual goals do not count.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Do they ban stuff coming through on your cell phone, too? (I don't know how bans work, we have none at ours--we're doing "research")

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Happy to see this come back, I like playing this game.

Only one way for me to improve this year, because like the Preds, I lost in the final last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->