Player Discussion Sean Monahan

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't know how we fit in Mony without a massive pay-cut. At some point we have to get Ruz in in here and playing. I mean if Mony will take the cut and play 4th line minutes . . . Like is that going to happen? I liked Backlund in the playoffs but he had an off year. But I can't see him being bumped out of his position. I just can't see it working for Mony here anymore.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
If Monny has a successful rehabilitation from his hip surgery I don't see any reason why he couldn't resume as the 2C. Or 3C or 4C.

He is still good on face-offs and has improved his defensive play the past two years. If his 5v5 ice time is down he'll make it up on the PP.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
If Monny has a successful rehabilitation from his hip surgery I don't see any reason why he couldn't resume as the 2C. Or 3C or 4C.

He is still good on face-offs and has improved his defensive play the past two years. If his 5v5 ice time is down he'll make it up on the PP.
The problem is hes shot is gone. I actually thought this season is the best ive ever seen him actually skate, but hes just firing muffins out there, idk how much u can blame the hip on that.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The problem is hes shot is gone. I actually thought this season is the best ive ever seen him actually skate, but hes just firing muffins out there, idk how much u can blame the hip on that.
His wrister isn't as lethal that is for sure. I think he still has a bit of shot though. The hip come into play just about every play. We'll see I guess, but I'm in the camp that he ain't done yet.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
His wrister isn't as lethal that is for sure. I think he still has a bit of shot though. The hip come into play just about every play. We'll see I guess, but I'm in the camp that he ain't done yet.
Depends what you mean by not done. I could see 15 to 20 goals. I don't think we ever see 30+ again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00