In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Sean Monahan today probably.

CLrMkYW.png

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Hey guys!

After following Thrashers for years ..(I couldn't follow the team after being relocated to Winnipeg although I must admit they have a very vocal arena and a decent team).

I have officially decided to follow the Flames.

Congrats to Mony and hopefully my move from UK to Calgary next year will be as easy as his decision to sign his new livelihood.

Lets go Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey guys!

After following Thrashers for years ..(I couldn't follow the team after being relocated to Winnipeg although I must admit they have a very vocal arena and a decent team).

Congrats to Mony and hopefully my move from UK to Calgary next year will be as easy as his decision to sign his new livelihood.

Lets go Flames
Welcome aboard. We have a great group here for the most part, hope to see you become an active member.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Hey guys!

Lets go Flames

Welcome! That better mean you'll be showing up at our annual draft party then ;)

As an FYI, you may want to have a browse through our visitor's thread to help you acclimate to your new home easier.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1473387

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Welcome aboard. We have a great group here for the most part, hope to see you become an active member.

Thank you, looking forward to be involved and also looking forward to get familiar with the City, traditions and hopefully we will settle.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hello! I am not sure what that is but I am a very active yahoo fantasy manager. 20 managers, league established from 2008 and I have been going strong every season.:)
What UC means is for the past 2 years a group of board members have gotten together to watch the NHL entry draft together. Drinks, laughs, some spirited discussion and celebration (when we traded for Hamilton & Elliott and when Tkachuk fell to us).

Last year (2015 Entry Draft) the group consisted of posters Johnny Hoxville, Infinity Iggy, Ace Rimmer, Unlimited Chequing, Janko Unchained, Carolina's Identity (he's a Hurricane fan in Calgary, but slips over here to post on occasion) and myself.

This year (2016 Entry Draft) everyone from the first year returned except Carolina's Identity was able to make it (he ended up working), then posters Flames Fanatic, Bounces R Way and TechronSadosa joined us. Bouma Fett helped organize everything but due to unfortunate circumstances he ended up in the hospital and couldn't make it, thankfully he seems to be doing better; except the fact he also cheers for the Penguins but I have chalked that up to some unfortunate (and completely made up) side effects.

We also do have a very active 20 team Fantasy Hockey League (also through Yahoo, but we post on here about it). We also have a less active (but also very new) fantasy baseball league. Our fantasy leagues, draft parties and in general the quality people we have as posters have helped the members of our board become quite close despite our wide range of ages and the fact we come from different walks of life; but that is the best part of sport in my opinion, when you share the same passion it can create the unlikeliest of friendships.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
What UC means is for the past 2 years a group of board members have gotten together to watch the NHL entry draft together. Drinks, laughs, some spirited discussion and celebration (when we traded for Hamilton & Elliott and when Tkachuk fell to us).

Last year (2015 Entry Draft) the group consisted of posters Johnny Hoxville, Infinity Iggy, Ace Rimmer, Unlimited Chequing, Janko Unchained, Carolina's Identity (he's a Hurricane fan in Calgary, but slips over here to post on occasion) and myself.

This year (2016 Entry Draft) everyone from the first year returned except Carolina's Identity was able to make it (he ended up working), then posters Flames Fanatic, Bounces R Way and TechronSadosa joined us. Bouma Fett helped organize everything but due to unfortunate circumstances he ended up in the hospital and couldn't make it, thankfully he seems to be doing better; except the fact he also cheers for the Penguins but I have chalked that up to some unfortunate (and completely made up) side effects.

We also do have a very active 20 team Fantasy Hockey League (also through Yahoo, but we post on here about it). We also have a less active (but also very new) fantasy baseball league. Our fantasy leagues, draft parties and in general the quality people we have as posters have helped the members of our board become quite close despite our wide range of ages and the fact we come from different walks of life; but that is the best part of sport in my opinion, when you share the same passion it can create the unlikeliest of friendships.

I read everything on here, rarely post as much, but this is really cool. I had no idea you guys all got together and hung out.

Then again, is Flames fans are a different bunch from the rest, we seem to be more reasonable than most fan bases.

Cool **** guys.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Hi Method, yes I have been involved in yahoo fantasy as I like their settings, the whole package and tbh I am well orientated so no reason to change to TSN or others :)

Well that sounds very interesting! I would like to to study coaching (when in Calgary) and teach some pee wee hockey for free when time available. That's my long term project. Would be also interesting in some scouting if possible and your draft parties would appeal to me. Being Slovakian ..I do think that I have got a reasonable hockey knowledge so hopefully we could struck some decent conversation and maybe I could learn thing or two from you lot :) Looking forward to study Calgary, community and hopefully if all goes well, it will become our home and maybe I will find some really good friends.

You never know.

May I know what are you r league settings in fantasy?

VladTheLimpWhaler

Dec 4, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys,

Habs fan here. Just wanted to say that I think this is a really great deal. It's a pretty fair deal right now, but in two or three years, there is a good chance it will look like a bit of a steal.

Reminds me a little of the Pacioretty contract - they gave him a 6-year deal for around 4.5 million/year back in 2012 instead of a bridge contract when he was only 23, and after the first year it felt like a steal.

Hope they can get Gaudreau signed for a similar value

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Capfriendly now has some contract details.

July 1st, 2020 Monahan will receive a $3.5 million signing bonus. This is important because 2020 is the earliest there can be another lockout, should the NHLPA opt out of the final 2 years of the CBA. Surprisingly there is no signing bonus in 2022 when the CBA is set to officially end. I am positive this was the hang up, Monahan's agent likely wanted something in both years and they eventually settled on just the one.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
That will be fine, gives him insurance that first year, and by the time the CBA expires he will definitely have made more than enough money to be fine if a year is missed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That will be fine, gives him insurance that first year, and by the time the CBA expires he will definitely have made more than enough money to be fine if a year is missed.
I'm positive the NHLPA will opt out of the CBA and there will be a lockout in 2020. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'm positive the NHLPA will opt out of the CBA and there will be a lockout in 2020. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

I hope not. I'm completely serious about being done with the NHL if theres another missed games lockout. As is, I'm not nearly as die hard as I was before the last one with the half season.

But if that happens I'll probably be watching the AHL instead so you'll have someone to talk to about that more haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00