Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan Signed 7 Year $6.375 AAV

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015

That face when you just secured yourself ~44 mill without taxes over the next 7 years.

edit: does any1 know what lenght would have kept him a UFA? I´m positive about him staying in Calgary, not as sure about Johnny tho.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Perhaps. My initial thinking was that maybe Treliving budged an inch to get this one done before the 'World Cup' in order to pressure JG's camp to do the same.

Just hoping Johnny gets done. For all his play and progression (Mony), Johnny is still the star of this team up front... He's more important to me :laugh:

I'd like them both signed long term (7 years+). If Johnny signs for 5 years, it's more or less him saying he doesn't want to be here long term.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Wohoo! 7 more years of this boring guy. I'm pretty happy about this deal. 6.3 could be a steal in the next few years. I'd imagine Johnny will sign soon as well. I have a feeling it will be different length though so Tre can sign one at a time next time.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Pretty good deal. Treliving probably got more years than Monahan's camp wanted to give, but they likely got a slightly higher cap hit than what the Flames were hoping for.

In much more surprising news, Francis was right.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
14088772_10154666199267334_979486755_n.png

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Just hoping Johnny gets done. For all his play and progression (Mony), Johnny is still the star of this team up front... He's more important to me :laugh:

I'd like them both signed long term (7 years+). If Johnny signs for 5 years, it's more or less him saying he doesn't want to be here long term.

I don't think it means that. Johnny is 2 years older than Monahan. If he signs a 7-8 year deal he will be 30-31 signing his next contract. He'd still get a big one, but if he's 28 when signing it he'll get an even better one.

I'm happy with this. As exciting and great as Gaudreau is, and as much of the *star* as he is, I wanted Monahan signed first. For me long term he's more important. We've seen a team with a top level winger without a top center.

Also I hope Johnny signs either 6 or 8 years. I don't want these two expiring in the same year again

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
This is a great deal, he's still improving and will be well worth that next year and a potential steal going forward.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
That face when you just secured yourself ~44 mill without taxes over the next 7 years.
edit: does any1 know what lenght would have kept him a UFA? I´m positive about him staying in Calgary, not as sure about Johnny tho.

Why does he not have to pay taxes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad