Confirmed with Link: Sean Durzi traded to Arizona

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Durzi still has a big upside but the glaring turnovers in key moments of big games were just too hard to overlook. He is still young enough to figure it out but this trade was exactly what the Kings needed going forward.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Just lost our best offensive defenseman for a second, nice move Rob Blake.

Dought has triply screwed this franchise. Sucks up $11M, wins shit while doing so. Best thing he does is get injured, allowing the Kings to return to the playoffs unexpectedly because a guy named Durzi outperforms him after not even being expected to play a minute in the NHL that season.

So Durzi screws up and earns close to $2M, which wasn’t part of dummy Blake’s plan. Now we are hoping for old Doughty and 9 goal Roy to compete in the west. And Clarke is supposed to be the savior after not scoring a goal in 9 games last year.

Kings fans will suck the koolaid down faster than a man stuck in the desert for 40 days.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Blake adds four more years until you can judge the Muzzin trade. The king of "can't judge me yet" keeps it rolling.

You judge the Muzzin trade on the trade as it was the day it was made. All the trade tree stuff, and waiting to see who gets taken with whatever picks, no. None of that is the trade. The deal was Muzzin for a young AHL forward, a young junior defenseman, and an unknown 1st rd pick.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
That fool Blake got nothing for Muzzin. Grundstrom and Bjornfot are at best tweeners and cost money + nhl spots to retain. Dude’s a complete joke as a GM.

He’s literally building nothing here.

You judge the Muzzin trade on the trade as it was the day it was made. All the trade tree stuff, and waiting to see who gets taken with whatever picks, no. None of that is the trade. The deal was Muzzin for a young AHL forward, a young junior defenseman, and an unknown 1st rd pick.
Results matter.

Reactions: BigKing

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Good luck in AZ Sean!

1687647910154.png

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
So far, subtractions of 3 players that should not play for the Kings and gain cap space.
And locking up Gavrikov 2 years.
The next move will be the big one for the Summer and cost something.

I'd be fine if they just signed Gabe, Kupari,, JAD and Korpisalo or equivalent goalie.
Plus...would it be outlandish to bring Martinez back? If he would sign 1-2 years
and for sweetheart deal...under what he may get?

He would be ideal pairing with Clarke, to bring him in. I just don't think he would
do a discount.

Love the Durzi deal...good guy, good teammate....good compete...but he will forever go on to
be -15 to -25 annually. Would have beem great to get the Yotes 38th OA for next week....
but I'll take the 2nd round Mtl 2024 all day long for Sean,
Thanks Sean, for your hard work. I'm sure Phil is not so happy.

EDIT. I thought Marty was a UFA.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Sean Durzi made the Kings a worse team.

Getting rid of him instantly makes the team better.

Durzi was literally one of the worst defensemen in the entire NHL playoffs.
Some people just like to hear themselves and complain for the sake of complaining. Anyone distraught over losing Durzi has zero concept for playing defense at a high level.

Durzi is going to help Arizona secure another high draft pick in 2024.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Look at this picture and tell me how the Kings are going to spend more for the majority of this group and get better next season. Anyone who does is huffing hopium very heavily.

IMG_0419.jpeg

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
That fool Blake got nothing for Muzzin. Grundstrom and Bjornfot are at best tweeners and cost money + nhl spots to retain. Dude’s a complete joke as a GM.

Results matter.
Wasn’t Moore in that deal

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Look at this picture and tell me how the Kings are going to spend more for the majority of this group and get better next season. Anyone who does is huffing hopium very heavily.

View attachment 720920
seandurzi1.jpg

That's out of 107 defensemen in the playoffs with at least 20min TOI. Durzi the 3RD WORST in relative xG%.

HE WAS TERRIBLE.

And don't forget this gem from the previous season's playoffs in game 7:

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
seandurzi1.jpg

That's out of 107 defensemen in the playoffs with at least 20min TOI. Durzi the 3RD WORST in relative xG%.

HE WAS TERRIBLE.

And don't forget this gem from the previous season's playoffs in game 7:

Where do the following guys rank on the list?

Clarke
Spence
Bjornfot
Moverare

So does replacing crap with more crap or magic beans make you better? I guess the answer here is wait and see.

For me, it’s a continual set of see what happens and kick the can down the road moves.

Here’s the deal, for as shitty as Durzi may be, he’s worth a second. So what’s the value in the move for a team trying desperately to wring success out of a bunch of overpaid players coasting on their reputations?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sean Durzi made the Kings a worse team.

Getting rid of him instantly makes the team better.

Durzi was literally one of the worst defensemen in the entire NHL playoffs.
But I heard that Durzi has improved defensively. But they'll probably also applaud this trade because Blake's the best!

Reactions: johnjm22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Where do the following guys rank on the list?

Clarke
Spence
Bjornfot
Moverare

So does replacing crap with more crap or magic beans make you better? I guess the answer here is wait and see.

For me, it’s a continual set of see what happens and kick the can down the road moves.

Here’s the deal, for as shitty as Durzi may be, he’s worth a second. So what’s the value in the move for a team trying desperately to wring success out of a bunch of overpaid players coasting on their reputations?
Funny you should ask.

Reg season (since they didn't play in the PO):

Clarke +16.7% (team best)
Spence +5.4% (2nd best among all Kings Dmen)

Not sure what you have against these players calling them "crap". If your argument was they lack experience that would at least have some validity.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Funny you should ask.

Reg season (since they didn't play in the PO):

Clarke +16.7% (team best)
Spence +5.4% (2nd best among all Kings Dmen)

Not sure what you have against these players calling them "crap". If your argument was they lack experience that would at least have some validity.

I must have missed where you mentioned the points they scored. Or has the NHL started to include various percentages as production stats. Excuse me if I don’t care about make believe numbers.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Sean Durzi is going to be pretty legit in a few years.

Going to Arizona will be good for him.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
This is Andy Kaufman-style anti-comedy, right?

Seriously, are peoples heads so far up their keester’s that they think it’s fine to trade a 38 pt defenseman who makes $1.7M for a second and zero additional returns?

Even with Durzi’s terrible defense, his minus 12 draws him even with Jesus Roy. Production matters. Or I guess the Kings fail to win in the playoffs for other reasons, besides the top guys not earning their paychecks.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I know, he should've gotten more for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his deal. 3 young potential assets isn't enough. Not like we're dealing with actual NHL franchises negotiating deals. It's all a one way street.

Results matter.

Which has nothing to do with the trade itself. Want to go on a rant about how the Kings botched the development, and shouldn't have taken Bjornfot, or whatever else, I'm sure it'll be brought up in every conversation for the next 20 years around here, but that's not the trade. If you're judging the trade though, it's as it happened, when it happened. That's it. What happens after is a different topic.

Reactions: kings11

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I lost $500 on that dipshit pass in the home opener and I still like him more than most.

I get that his best attribute should be replaced by Clarke. His second best attribute is nearly completely absent from this team.

So far, the logjam at D has resulted in receiving Fiala, cap space and a 2nd for Faber, a 1st, Durzi, Grans, Walker, Peterson and cap retention. Toss Gavrikov in if you want but then add another 1st and remove cap space since you add Gavrikov.

Some of you might like that. I just hate the type of team he's put together. It's not built to win in the playoffs with the total lack of moxie and character. I'm always told those pieces can be added. Insert Caddyshack "Well, we're waiting!!" gif.

Reactions: JKG33

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
I know, he should've gotten more for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his deal. 3 young potential assets isn't enough. Not like we're dealing with actual NHL franchises negotiating deals. It's all a one way street.

Which has nothing to do with the trade itself. Want to go on a rant about how the Kings botched the development, and shouldn't have taken Bjornfot, or whatever else, I'm sure it'll be brought up in every conversation for the next 20 years around here, but that's not the trade. If you're judging the trade though, it's as it happened, when it happened. That's it. What happens after is a different topic.

Message to Rob Blake: Be Better, aspiring to mediocrity is a dead end street.

Just say you’re fine being a fan win or lose, good or bad. If you don’t really care that the franchise is a champion or not, cool. But don’t expect others to buy into your obsession with mediocrity.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Ok. Great trade at the time.

It's it good now?

If I buy a house below market but then the market tanks further where I'm upside down, was it still a great buy during the time when I'm underwater?

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Ok. Great trade at the time.

It's it good now?

If I buy a house below market but then the market tanks further where I'm upside down, was it still a great buy during the time when I'm underwater?
If your name is Rob Blake, then the answer is yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad