Confirmed with Link: Sean Durzi traded to Arizona

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Just lost our best offensive defenseman for a second, nice move Rob Blake.

Dought has triply screwed this franchise. Sucks up $11M, wins shit while doing so. Best thing he does is get injured, allowing the Kings to return to the playoffs unexpectedly because a guy named Durzi outperforms him after not even being expected to play a minute in the NHL that season.

So Durzi screws up and earns close to $2M, which wasn’t part of dummy Blake’s plan. Now we are hoping for old Doughty and 9 goal Roy to compete in the west. And Clarke is supposed to be the savior after not scoring a goal in 9 games last year.

Kings fans will suck the koolaid down faster than a man stuck in the desert for 40 days.
Doughty just had a 52 point season - much better year than Durzi.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't love the return but I don't hate it, it is fine and mostly a major addition by subtraction. Happy to have him off the team and very excited to see what Clarke can do.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We went from having :
RD
Doughty
Roy
Walker
Durzi
Clarke
Spence
Grans

To having : Doughty, Roy, Clarke, Spence.

Hopefully this works out.

Reactions: Fripp

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Good I won't miss him. With that said his horrendous season isn't all on him, this dumbass coaching staff routinely put him out on LD and playing second pairing where he was absolutely horrendous.
Their decisions affected his play, his development and ultimately the return in the trade. I feel bad for him, for being the odd man out, but glad a decision was finally made.

At least he wasn't a 2nd overall pick

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
We went from having :
RD
Doughty
Roy
Walker
Durzi
Clarke
Spence
Grans

To having : Doughty, Roy, Clarke, Spence.

Hopefully this works out.
Its possible there is no whipping boy on defense now. A Soucy type would be great next to Clarke but Anderson, Doughty, Gavrikov, Clarke, Bjornfot, Roy, Spence is a pretty solid 7.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
So now... its:
Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Clarke
Roy-Spence

#7 likely to be Bjornfoot or a cheap vet

Cant look at it any way but it will be a major upgrade, with some learning curve.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
So now... its:
Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Clarke
Roy-Spence

#7 likely to be Bjornfoot or a cheap vet

Cant look at it any way but it will be a major upgrade, with some learning curve.
A learning curve that could have been limited or even eliminated had they not chosen to play two guys who weren’t in the long term plans over guys who were. Now we get to watch growing pains for two guys while simultaneously pretending to be a contender.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Just lost our best offensive defenseman for a second, nice move Rob Blake.

Dought has triply screwed this franchise. Sucks up $11M, wins shit while doing so. Best thing he does is get injured, allowing the Kings to return to the playoffs unexpectedly because a guy named Durzi outperforms him after not even being expected to play a minute in the NHL that season.

So Durzi screws up and earns close to $2M, which wasn’t part of dummy Blake’s plan. Now we are hoping for old Doughty and 9 goal Roy to compete in the west. And Clarke is supposed to be the savior after not scoring a goal in 9 games last year.

Kings fans will suck the koolaid down faster than a man stuck in the desert for 40 days.
Clarke is going to be light years ahead of Durzi. Too crowded on the right side. This was a no brainer.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Not for $9M more it isn’t.
I’m not exactly certain how you arrived at the conclusion that Doughty is the problem of the defense corps, but I am 100% certain that your disdain is misplaced.

Teams don’t win playoff series with guys like Durzi playing a prominent role. Teams win gold medals & Stanley cups with players like Drew Doughty. Drew may be overpaid by 2 million at this point in his career, but that is far from the problem you’re painting it to be.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Even with Durzi’s terrible defense, his minus 12 draws him even with Jesus Roy. Production matters. Or I guess the Kings fail to win in the playoffs for other reasons, besides the top guys not earning their paychecks.
Uh, am I missing some weird joke in this or did you just decide to make up numbers about Roy? He was a +8 in the regular season and +4 in the first round, Durzi -4. So +12 combined vs -16 combines

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I openly say I'm more than willing to let things play out, however they do, because I have zero control over what the Kings do. I'm not going to make myself nuts by flatly disagreeing with any move they make, the moment they make it. If they want to try and win another one for Kopitar and Doughty, even though they have no chance of doing so, other than not watching, I have no say in that choice. I'll watch as the ship burns. If it takes another 5 years until they start a real rebuild, then it takes another 5 years until they start a real rebuild. Maybe watching the Kings win the Cup ruined me, but whatever road they choose is the road they choose. They can fire Blake today, I don't care.

Anyway, the Muzzin trade did not include a 2nd rd pick in 2024, so it has nothing to do with the trade today.

This means nothing can ever happen, because things might go bad. Might as well not have a franchise, because you can't draft, trade, or sign anyone, since you might get the wrong guy in any or all of those scenarios.

homer-simpson-never-try.gif
"He's a nihilist"

"Must be exhausting"

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Realistically, the Kings have about 7.4M, and need to sign some combination of:

Vilardi
JAD
Kupari
Bjornfot
Fagemo
Goalie

Still tight. Another player is likely to get moved.
JAD and Iafallo in the next trade. Praying it's not Vilardi.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
A learning curve that could have been limited or even eliminated had they not chosen to play two guys who weren’t in the long term plans over guys who were. Now we get to watch growing pains for two guys while simultaneously pretending to be a contender.
This is the most frustrating and galling part of this whole scenario. Both Durzi and Walker stayed up on the roster despite having almost zero future with the team. While better options (Spence over Walker and Clarke over Durzi) were sent to piss off elsewhere.

Not to mention Edler being played over Bjornfot.

Just inferior players (at this time in their careers) with no future so the Kings can keep with their slow boil approach.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is the most frustrating and galling part of this whole scenario. Both Durzi and Walker stayed up on the roster despite having almost zero future with the team. While better options (Spence over Walker and Clarke over Durzi) were sent to piss off elsewhere.

Not to mention Edler being played over Bjornfot.

Just inferior players (at this time in their careers) with no future so the Kings can keep with their slow boil approach.

and completely gone is the theory that walker was here to pump his trade value back up and that durzi has a longer term role

so really they just burned a year for f***ing absolutely nothing

there's that 1 month vision again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad