Confirmed with Link: Sean Durzi traded to Arizona

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Durzi was soft as baby shit last year. Moving the worst dman I’ve seen in recent history and opening the door to Clarke who plays with more BALLS is a massive win. Good trade.
We agree on this one 100%

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I was expecting the Kings to trade Roy since he's going to be a UFA in 2024...which still might happen...so Clarke Spence and Bjornfot are fighting for the last two spots...and LA has to sign a bunch of players still, even with 9 M in Cap space...something has to give...Kupari could be gone,JAD maybe,Vilardi they will try to keep if he's reasonable with contract request...Korpisalo? I expect LA to go after Hellebuyck but will have to pay a Kings Ransom and then some to Winnipeg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
roster0624.jpg

Vilardi will take up most of that 5.5M.

If the Kings want to upgrade goalie, LHD, and add a gritty winger, another contract will need to get moved.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
maybe explain why instead of just disagreeing .. haha cap friendly says 9 so thats where he is getting that info
Cap friendly can only account for current contracts. They still need to bring in players even at league minimum. There are raises too.

So, yes, they currently have $9 million, but they don't have it to add a big name player.

Reactions: tkb81

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
maybe explain why instead of just disagreeing .. haha cap friendly says 9 so thats where he is getting that info
On the graph you're sharing it shows that Kupari, JAD, etc. have contacts when they do not?
The current Capfriendly page doesn't account for other Kings players that are almost certainly going to be in the NHL.

Some combination of our RFAs and Spence/Clarke will take up around 3.5M leaving us with around 5.5M.

• Love
Reactions: tkb81

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Quality 2nd rounder as well. That’ll have some value.

That rumour about Vladar costing a 2nd is probably unconnected, but interesting.

Reactions: funky

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Guess I'll be the first to say the return sucks.

Would have received a better return last off-season. Clarke or Spence could have played last year. Blake, once again, puts himself in a corner with waiver eligibilities.

Do we want room for Clarke and Spence? Yes. Did we want LHD fixed? Yes. We wanted it last off-season though and Blake waited until he had to pay all kinds of shit to do so.

Applauding Blake for this off-season so far is like applauding someone who got a decent deal on a tow truck to pull their car out of a wash after ignoring signs saying the road was closed due to flooding.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Guess I'll be the first to say the return sucks.

Would have received a better return last off-season. Clarke or Spence could have played last year. Blake, once again, puts himself in a corner with waiver eligibilities.

Do we want room for Clarke and Spence? Yes. Did we want LHD fixed? Yes. We wanted it last off-season though and Blake waited until he had to pay all kinds of shit to do so.

Applauding Blake for this off-season so far is like applauding someone who got a decent deal on a tow truck to pull their car out of a wash after ignoring signs saying the road was closed due to flooding.
i'm gonna be honest, i'm just happy to see him finally making good decisions. you're absolutely right that the timeliness is shite but even the heroin addict putting the needle down for a day gets a "good job" from me

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great trade, saving Todd from himself.

The real benefit of the trade, Blake just Billy Beane'd TM

I could compain about the year and the team, and that it's probably depreciated value from last year (a recurring theme), but that would be splitting hairs. It's a good trade otherwise. You would just like to think that contract had better value, too.

But has that 'afterthought' feeling of a precursor trade, this should be a foreshock to either a Vilardi signing or a bigger move

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Not an exciting return, especially considering it's a 2024 pick.

Whatever, something had to give on the back end. It's an okay trade I guess.
Well considering Arizona is one of the weakest teams in the NHL that 2nd round pick is what 33-36th not bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad