Seabrook is some magician!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Real good Seabrook diss on the FFUD site....that Seabrook has the turning speed of an aircraft carrier
..that is a howler!

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Khabby played on awful teams behind awful defenses

Once team improved so did Khabby

You can't use that excuse for some players and not others. You said Murphy was a bad player before he even came to the Hawks. He played for a bad team with mostly bad players. He's now on an improved team, so how did/do you know he won't improve? You can't use an argument for one player, and completely ignore that same argument for another player.

I mean you can, as you obviously always do, but you shouldn't.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Seabrook needs to go, this team needs a real change towards the better and not letting guys like Hammer go. Seabrook should have been shipped out this summer and Hammer kept. That move made absolutely no sense, no matter how much some try to spin it as going for the younger guy, the truth is that Hammer was not the problem, the younger guy was an immediate downgrade with no guarantee of anything for the future but a contract that they are locked down to for longer. Stan got ripped off once again! Oh and for those saying that the Hawks couldnt afford Hammer's contract at the end of his deal and he would have just walked and now at least we got something in return dont know what they are talking about and are contradicting themselves as they are the same people saying that Hammer was on the decline, so how on earth would a guy on the decline get a raise? Hammer should have retired a Hawk along side Keith, its a shame he was traded...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hammer gets a raise because he is underpaid, on the FA market D get way over paid, and not to mention the cap is now higher. Hammer will get 5.5-6.5 on the FA market. This is what you are missing, ignoring, or don’t agree with.

So clearly some of us do k of what we are talking about and some of us don’t.

Hammer has not looked great this year so far but similar to Murphy, he is learning a new system.

Two changes need to happen (minus Seabrook getting traded since everyone agrees he should be traded):
- Q needs to open up our D to skate the puck and be more active in the play. LET THE D SKATE THE PUCK FFS.
- Line needs to be fixed (2-5: Murphy and Keith play to each other strenths, 6-11: if Kempny can cover for Seabs he can cover for Franson, 42-44: lots of potential and they are growing)

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hammer gets a raise because he is underpaid, on the FA market D get way over paid, and not to mention the cap is now higher. Hammer will get 5.5-6.5 on the FA market. This is what you are missing, ignoring, or don’t agree with.

So clearly some of us do k of what we are talking about and some of us don’t.

Hammer has not looked great this year so far but similar to Murphy, he is learning a new system.

Two changes need to happen (minus Seabrook getting traded since everyone agrees he should be traded):
- Q needs to open up our D to skate the puck and be more active in the play. LET THE D SKATE THE PUCK FFS.
- Line needs to be fixed (2-5: Murphy and Keith play to each other strenths, 6-11: if Kempny can cover for Seabs he can cover for Franson, 42-44: lots of potential and they are growing)

So Rutta learned the system and NA game since his first game but Murphy is still learning the "system" hmm makes you think doesn't it? These are a bunch of excuses if you ask me.

So if Hammer has not looked great this year and he is declining and by the end of business contract according to the trajectory that some here are talking about, why on Earth will he get paid more than 5Mill? Anywho I would rather Hammer at 5 than Murphy.

Is it just me or is every player that Stan let's go off becomes not so liked in here? No one was talking about this "decline" last year but all the sudden he is traded and that is apparently a unanamous thought in here lol

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So Rutta learned the system and NA game since his first game but Murphy is still learning the "system" hmm makes you think doesn't it? These are a bunch of excuses if you ask me.

Not really. Q has treated each player differently and Murphy/Rutta have been given much different starting situations. Rutta has a 13% better zone start but his corsi is only 3% better. Since the start of the season, Rutta's numbers have declined and Murphy's numbers have started to come up. Like all D you should give them 20-25 games in this system but from the looks of it Murphy is starting to come around. He needs to not worry about messing up and just play. I think both turn out to be 2-4 Dmen but Rutta will be an offensive D and Murphy with be a defensive D man.

Just like anything some people take long to learn things but the first person to learn doesn't always end up being the smartest. Hell Seabrook was a much better D than Keith at the start of their careers (it was not that close either).

So if Hammer has not looked great this year and he is declining and by the end of business contract according to the trajectory that some here are talking about, why on Earth will he get paid more than 5Mill? Anywho I would rather Hammer at 5 than Murphy.

GM's are notorious for paying for past performance so he will easily get that much money. Hammer will get 5.5-6 on a 4 year term. He is not worth that if his play this year and last is any indicator. I would not take Hammer at 5 AAV at this point, 2 years ago? Sure but he has started his decline.

Is it just me or is every player that Stan let's go off becomes not so liked in here? No one was talking about this "decline" last year but all the sudden he is traded and that is apparently a unanamous thought in here lol

Not really. Most of us are huge fans of Hammer still but it is ok to acknowledge decline of a player you are a fan of. This goes for all players. I talked about Hammers's decline the second half of last season on a regular basis, proof is in my posts.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Actually, there were comments about Hammer's declining play around here... especially the turnovers. He wasn't awful but he certianly wasn't the same guy from a few years ago.

As for Murphy, I think he has been fine and his physicality is both refreshing and welcome. Hopefully, Q lets him play and won't squelch his style. Someone said his play brings back memories of Magnusson, and I can see it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Actually, there were comments about Hammer's declining play around here... especially the turnovers. He wasn't awful but he certianly wasn't the same guy from a few years ago.

As for Murphy, I think he has been fine and his physicality is both refreshing and welcome. Hopefully, Q lets him play and won't squelch his style. Someone said his play brings back memories of Magnusson, and I can see it.

Agreed, last game was exactly what I was hoping we'd get. If he can be that guy more consistently, he's going to be a big help. He's a big guy, opposition will be looking for him out of the corner of their eye.

Not really. Q has treated each player differently and Murphy/Rutta have been given much different starting situations. Rutta has a 13% better zone start but his corsi is only 3% better. Since the start of the season, Rutta's numbers have declined and Murphy's numbers have started to come up. Like all D you should give them 20-25 games in this system but from the looks of it Murphy is starting to come around. He needs to not worry about messing up and just play. I think both turn out to be 2-4 Dmen but Rutta will be an offensive D and Murphy with be a defensive D man.

Just like anything some people take long to learn things but the first person to learn doesn't always end up being the smartest. Hell Seabrook was a much better D than Keith at the start of their careers (it was not that close either).

GM's are notorious for paying for past performance so he will easily get that much money. Hammer will get 5.5-6 on a 4 year term. He is not worth that if his play this year and last is any indicator. I would not take Hammer at 5 AAV at this point, 2 years ago? Sure but he has started his decline.

Not really. Most of us are huge fans of Hammer still but it is ok to acknowledge decline of a player you are a fan of. This goes for all players. I talked about Hammers's decline the second half of last season on a regular basis, proof is in my posts.

Nobody lasts forever in this league. I remember just watching him shift to shift and thinking, this is what the end of our run looks like, punctuated by the Kane and Panarin show being of no use in the playoff series.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Plenty of people were talking about Hammer's poor last third of the season before he was traded. I'm not positive that was the start of his decline or him playing through one of the many injuries affecting his game and he's healthy now, but I've been saying for at least two years when Hammer declines it's going to be quick. Lot of tough minutes on that body.

As for liked, I think Hammer and Hossa are the only two guys that were pretty much bullet proof around here and even Hossa was catching flak as only a third line guy going into last season.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Plenty of people were talking about Hammer's poor last third of the season before he was traded. I'm not positive that was the start of his decline or him playing through one of the many injuries affecting his game and he's healthy now, but I've been saying for at least two years when Hammer declines it's going to be quick. Lot of tough minutes on that body.

As for liked, I think Hammer and Hossa are the only two guys that were pretty much bullet proof around here and even Hossa was catching flak as only a third line guy going into last season.

You were right and it was amazing to watch. Someone, @BK I think, said he watched Coyotes games and he looked like the end of the year version. I went over there to ask and they said he was the best D-man on the team and looked great. We'll get a look tonight.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You were right and it was amazing to watch. Someone, @BK I think, said he watched Coyotes games and he looked like the end of the year version. I went over there to ask and they said he was the best D-man on the team and looked great. We'll get a look tonight.

We will see tonight but he was not close to great for them. Still hard working but not close to the Hammer of before. Being great on a team AZ team that is not very good yet seems off.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

for me, i was ranting on hammer last yr. it was like he started off like that close to the beginning of the season. the problem was/is Seabs mistakes were more evident .

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think Seabrook had a stroke.
i made myself a promise but he is playing the same way he was when he came back from the c0ncusion last season. however this is my eye test.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Hammer was one of my favorite players on the team. But THAT's the kind of move a smart GM makes and one that should have been done with Seabrook. Belichek has made a living trading players when HE knows they are declining but before everyone ELSE figures it out. I actually liked the Hammer trade, in principal, as it was definitely based on that concept.

Trading players while they still have value is what keeps teams relevant long term

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hammer was one of my favorite players on the team. But THAT's the kind of move a smart GM makes and one that should have been done with Seabrook. Belichek has made a living trading players when HE knows they are declining but before everyone ELSE figures it out. I actually liked the Hammer trade, in principal, as it was definitely based on that concept.

Trading players while they still have value is what keeps teams relevant long term

This. We all agree about Seabrook. I think Stan finds a way to move him this summer.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not really. Q has treated each player differently and Murphy/Rutta have been given much different starting situations. Rutta has a 13% better zone start but his corsi is only 3% better. Since the start of the season, Rutta's numbers have declined and Murphy's numbers have started to come up. Like all D you should give them 20-25 games in this system but from the looks of it Murphy is starting to come around. He needs to not worry about messing up and just play.

Yup. Not to mention one guy is 27 the other 24. That three year difference is quite a bit for a defensemen. Some people don't realize Murphy is still developing as a player.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point he isn't an NHL caliber player

Stanley needs to be held accountable for the nearly 11M in dead cap space on Hawks blueline in Seabrook and Murphy both signed longterm

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Q will never do this because Seabrook is one of his 'boys' (as are Toews, Kane, and keith) - but in an ideal world I think this would be an effecitve strategy..

Keith (23 toi) - Murphy (18 toi) / Franson (10 toi)
Forsling (23 toi) - Rutta (18 toi)
Kempny (14 toi) - Seabrook (14 toi)

Keith - top pair 5on5, 1st PK unit, 2nd PP unit
Murphy - top pair 5on5 d-zone starts, 1st Pk unit
Franson - top pair 5on5 ozone starts, 1st PP unit

Forsling - 2nd pair 5on5, 1st PP unit, 2nd PK unit
Rutta - 2nd pair 5on5, 2nd PK unit

Kempny/Seabrook - 3rd pair 5on5 easy match-ups (3rd/4th lines)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Video 1 & 2 aren't as bad as made out to be. This happens to about every Player. Video 2 was actually a Play where he didn't go with an icing and a turnover that's costly. Clip 3 & 4 were brutal.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Seabrook is a magician. ..eyeball test he cannot pkay D at an NHL level of competence...YET despite his gross putrid play he remains at EVEN on the +/- after 18 putrid games played ..He has 1 g 5a ..

Lost in the criticism on Seabrook is thev decline of Keith ...NO goals and 8 a, but a -5 already.....

So Seabrook is holding his own at Evens...Keith is not ...

I l pw. ..Keith is playing against the top lines of othervteams's and Seabrook lesser talented lines ...Still...the basic facts are Seabrook is a net zero at evens so not costing us overall at evens...but Keith at -5 is costing us at evens.

This is a rather funny oddity ...you would expect worse given the obvious inept play of Seabrook ..yet I guess goalies have bailed him out (so far) to a degree more than they have bailed out the Keith in decline errors of commission or of omission ...when Keith faiks it seems to. Be in the back of our net more...With Seabrook you get more heart attacks from the danger that presents..but so far..at keastcatvevens, Seabrook has managed a neutral effect .It is strange but true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad