Seabrook is some magician!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The fact is Seabrook's play has been brutally incompetent this season thru 5 games...

FYI...9 give-aways in just 5 games...project yhat forv82vgamesvyou get 27. 6 give-aways
..his career per 82 game average bis just 64 give-aways..
For his career ,Seabrook has 27 take-aways per 82 games. .so far in 5 games ,Zero take-aways. HE HAS Zero poitsvhis last 4 games after a good start offensively in game 1.
But the eyeball test. .his slower than required speed at his age Now already is too slow to play effectively in the NHL...guys fly past him on rushes and he is too slow to get to them when tracking from behind or to get over to cover a gap ..AND you can see co-ordination /agility issues as he keeps stumbling and tripping over his own skates and is too often lying on the ice as goals are scored against us..He should no longer be pn the first pairing or 2nd pairing ...and if this brutal play jeeps but. ..Maybe should not be played at all...I cannot stand total incompetence but that is the level he has sunk to.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The fact is Seabrook's play has been brutally incompetent this season thru 5 games...

FYI...9 give-aways in just 5 games...project yhat forv82vgamesvyou get 27. 6 give-aways
..his career per 82 game average bis just 64 give-aways..
For his career ,Seabrook has 27 take-aways per 82 games. .so far in 5 games ,Zero take-aways. HE HAS Zero poitsvhis last 4 games after a good start offensively in game 1.
But the eyeball test. .his slower than required speed at his age Now already is too slow to play effectively in the NHL...guys fly past him on rushes and he is too slow to get to them when tracking from behind or to get over to cover a gap ..AND you can see co-ordination /agility issues as he keeps stumbling and tripping over his own skates and is too often lying on the ice as goals are scored against us..He should no longer be pn the first pairing or 2nd pairing ...and if this brutal play jeeps but. ..Maybe should not be played at all...I cannot stand total incompetence but that is the level he has sunk to.
so if the calculations is correct, that is like what many have said in different way. Seabs is skating like he has a elephant on his back.

still he still has offense skills, but that contract is unmovable, i wonder if he can be converted to a winger ??

migi

Feb 25, 2015
The way Rutta, Forsling and Kempny are playing right now gives me a bit relief because if they continue playing well, Seabrook is going to get less and lesd minutes. If Rutta can play with Keith, Forsling pans out with Murphy, Kempny and Seabrook are perfect playing as 3rd pair.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The way Rutta, Forsling and Kempny are playing right now gives me a bit relief because if they continue playing well, Seabrook is going to get less and lesd minutes. If Rutta can play with Keith, Forsling pans out with Murphy, Kempny and Seabrook are perfect playing as 3rd pair.
yeah you may be right, moving down to the 3rd pairing may be a great idea.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
yeah you may be right, moving down to the 3rd pairing may be a great idea.

Yep but there are so many ifs so better hope for the best. Being optimistic is healthy, being like a certain Blackhawk here is sick. ;)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
6.8mil for a 3rd pairing D would be pretty depressing, but I feel lower minutes and bum competition is the only way Seabrook can survive going forward.

Reactions: ColdSteel2 and migi

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But to be fair...Keith is declining too..Or at least gotten sloppily. ..Tge fumbles that started ladt season continue egregiously thru 5 games this season.

Guess what?Keith ALSO has 9 give-aeays thru 5GP!! Project that for 83 games and you get 147.6 GVS ...Add the Seabrook projected 147.6 GVS and you get stratospheric incompetence in the #1 d-pair combo for a season..You simply cannot have 18 give-aways in 5GP by approx $1million of combo cost playing in Any pair let alone your #2 pairing ...outrageously sloppy and incompetent.At least Keith has 5 take'aways thru 5 games to partially male up for his high give-aways.But Seabrook has ZERO take-aways..so not even partial mitigation to his awful give -aways so far.Useless.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Our only hope is to be able to move Seabrook to a team that is willing to take on his salary for an asset and then move him with retained salary (50% retained Seabrook could be moved to a team for assets).

Not many teams out there where you can do this but the AVs are 4-5 years out minimum so they could be an option. If they still want to move Barrie you could try Seabrook/1st/mid-level prospect for Barrie. This would still be meh as an offer and I don't know if they are still sour on Barrie.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't mind him putting up points from the 3rd pair against scrubs 5 v 5 and on the PP. He's still helpful with his offense. If a young team wants him as a captain and will just take him without us adding anything, that'd be fine.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
But to be fair...Keith is declining too..Or at least gotten sloppily. ..Tge fumbles that started ladt season continue egregiously thru 5 games this season.

Guess what?Keith ALSO has 9 give-aeays thru 5GP!! Project that for 83 games and you get 147.6 GVS ...Add the Seabrook projected 147.6 GVS and you get stratospheric incompetence in the #1 d-pair combo for a season..You simply cannot have 18 give-aways in 5GP by approx $1million of combo cost playing in Any pair let alone your #2 pairing ...outrageously sloppy and incompetent.At least Keith has 5 take'aways thru 5 games to partially male up for his high give-aways.
but his contract, esp the yr'ly salary is doable.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Our only hope is to be able to move Seabrook to a team that is willing to take on his salary for an asset and then move him with retained salary (50% retained Seabrook could be moved to a team for assets).

Not many teams out there where you can do this but the AVs are 4-5 years out minimum so they could be an option. If they still want to move Barrie you could try Seabrook/1st/mid-level prospect for Barrie. This would still be meh as an offer and I don't know if they are still sour on Barrie.
while i like your thought process, i still don't see the org moving him.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Outside of last night, Seabrook has been playing well this year.

I think his poor play is exaggerated by some. He's arguably Hawks' best dman offensively and makes a lot of little plays on defense that seldom get mentioned here. He shouldn't be #2 anymore but until someone steps up that's where he will likely stay.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Seabrook's play has hardly been thread worthy. He's looked fine almost every game.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Seabrook has been pretty decent. The big problem is he's playing against tougher competition right now. That's how he's paid, but that's not who he is anymore.

Hawks need to choose one of Murphy or Rutta, and put them with Keith. Let Seabs get easier minutes with Kempny. Not going to be made to look like a fool near as much against mostly 3rd and 4th liners.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Seabrook's decline has been one of the worst I've seen. He's a #4 at this point, and will likely drop to third pairing by the end of this season. Maybe if he actually bent his knees when he skated .... Skating mechanics are awful. Has horrible balance. Looks out of shape, either as a result of his horrible skating, or being overweight. All in all, just bad news for the Hawks. Hopefully he develops some kind of equipment allergy in the next couple seasons.

I've never been a Seabrook fan, but he was at least a solid #2 for most of his time here as a Hawk. The last few seasons...meh. Brutal.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The wrong D-Man was traded but it had to be done because the soft boy Stan had to make changes for the sake of changes to act like he's doing something to keep his job...

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava

7M cap NMC guy in 3rd pairing for seven seasons, looks like someone did very bad decision a year or so ago..
On the other side, if you know how these older guys ie Hossa, Jagr played at that age, maybe Seabrook should just do more in the summer to be prepared for the season.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
7M cap NMC guy in 3rd pairing for seven seasons, looks like someone did very bad decision a year or so ago..
On the other side, if you know how these older guys ie Hossa, Jagr played at that age, maybe Seabrook should just do more in the summer to be prepared for the season.

Contract was bad when it was given, but ideally you deal with players like their salaries are all equal. If other guys can step in and play harder minutes, coaching staff shouldnt stare at salaries.

I really don't know if Seabs can do things in offseason anymore to be better player in future. I mean he could lose extra pounds still but does it affect his skating? If he is slimmer he might be in better shape and play more effective and dont worn out but the issue is still there. I am no expert, I dont know and I dont know if at his age you could still develop your skating. That is his biggest issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad