Confirmed with Link: Scott Morrow

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Big signing bonus probably the sway point. Happy to get this one done and not risk a Fox 2.0 happening to us. I am curious if this game with a "guaranteed roster spot" or an understanding that he may have to spend a year in the AHL?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"!Morrow will receive $807,500 at the NHL level in 2023-24 and $832,500 at the NHL level in 2024-25 and 2025-26. He will receive $80,000 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level for all three seasons, and the deal will include a signing bonus of $277,500."

So that $807,500 for this season means that he has a $25k Games Played bonus for (presumably) 5 games.

Big signing bonus probably the sway point.
It's the allowed max of 3 x $92,5k. Very normal business for a better class prospect.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Now prove bleedufko [:sarcasm:]wrong young man.
I honestly hope he does, the point of me watching and saying what I see isn’t to be right about it. I root for our prospects more than everyone else’s even after we trade them. I’m on his side. Before I started watching I read the profiles and thought presumably similar thoughts to what the rest of you had. That’s what that was all about. He wasn’t the player I thought he was going to be, but in the end he could be better.

I’m happy he’s signed and hope he finds a spot with us sooner than later. I’m sure we’ll be seeing him in a game or two.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Rules for the Games Played bonus for ELC players. This bonus counts against the allowed max of $925k, so Morrow gets signing bonus $92,5k + base salary $807,5k + games played bonus $25k this season. Maybe they sweetened the deal by agreeing to pay him the bonus on top of what he would get (plus giving him the 5 games obviously). He isn't getting paid very much of that base salary in this season so it's a way to pay him a bit more.

9.7 Games Played Bonuses for Group 1 Players. Games played bonuses may be provided to a Group 1 Player only for: (i) five (5) games played, (ii) ten (10) games played, and (iii) more than ten (10) games played. Such bonuses shall be subject to the maximum limit on the amount payable and subject to the other conditions for such bonuses, as set forth below.

(a) Subject to the Entry Level compensation limits set forth in Section 9.3 above, for Skaters: (i) bonuses awarded for five (5) games played shall be limited to a maximum of $25,000 in the aggregate; and (ii) bonuses awarded for ten (10) or more games played are not limited as to the maximum amount of the bonus; and

(b) Subject to the Entry Level compensation limits set forth in Section 9.3 above, for Goalies: (i) bonuses awarded for five (5) games played shall be limited to a maximum of $50,000 in the aggregate, with a minimum time-on-ice requirement of at least 30 minutes per game; and (ii) bonuses awarded for ten (10) or more games played are not limited as to the amount of the bonus, and shall not require a minimum amount of time-on-ice in any game; and

(c) Final National Hockey League official statistics shall be utilized in determining whether a Player earned a game played.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Now prove bleedufko [:sarcasm:]wrong young man.
I mean here's the thing having watched them a few times. Morrow is undoubtedly the more skilled and higher upside of the two. Ufko doesn't have Morrow's physical tools and as a result plays a much safer, simpler game, but as a result he's also the more reliable player right now. Best case for Ufko is he turns into another Spurgeon, with a bit less offensive upside.

Morrow's tools, if he can put it all together, have him in the same conversation as a prime Pitkanen as I don't think his shot is quite heavy enough to be a Burns/Hamilton type. Maybe a RHS Skjei though I think Morrow may be the better skater.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Big signing bonus probably the sway point. Happy to get this one done and not risk a Fox 2.0 happening to us. I am curious if this game with a "guaranteed roster spot" or an understanding that he may have to spend a year in the AHL?
idk but this is a business and there's no such thing as anything guaranteed that's not in the contract, which that isn't.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
am curious if this game with a "guaranteed roster spot" or an understanding that he may have to spend a year in the AHL?
I would assume he would be given a number of games in the NHL if he was to stay in AHL, and in that case he would have gotten a sizeable games played bonus for next year to game his salary up a bit, which he didn't. So I'd say he is the very least given the chance to make the NHL roster.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I can’t see how he would be ready.

There are a number of very high draft pick d-men still adjusting to the League in years 2+.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Question does this signing work for the Canes with their Free Agents, especially Pesce and Skjei or against them, or does it not have any bearing?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Good news. The only thing that really had me worried was the AHL situation. I guess they were able to overcome that in some way to be revealed. Nothing guaranteed, but he could be a good one for sure.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
CapFriendly is showing Scott under Recalls and Reassignments question is with no minor league, are they going to put him on the roster so he can practice with the team. Our last home game is Sunday against the Blue Jackets if they want to give him his pro debut at home, or our last game of the season is at Columbus if they want to get him in a game prior to the playoffs, and there being nothing on the line

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
CapFriendly is showing Scott under Recalls and Reassignments question is with no minor league, are they going to put him on the roster so he can practice with the team. Our last home game is Sunday against the Blue Jackets if they want to give him his pro debut at home, or our last game of the season is at Columbus if they want to get him in a game prior to the playoffs, and there being nothing on the line
Once we're locked in to where Rod wants us to be (okay, we all know that's win as many as possible), I could see them running 7 D and 11 F. Give some of the forwards who are banged up a day or two rest....ditto the defenders as we could sub Tony in as well. We'd just have to understand that our defense would be an "adventure".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad