Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

1714739716371.png

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Guy Boucher has taken over the Leafs. Look at how well they keep the Bruins to the outside the last two games. Pure Boucher. Suddenly they have structure in their own zone vs how they were all year. Look at game 4 vs the last two and how the Leafs were in their own end. Boucher is one that made these changes. I wouldn’t be surprised that their FO pushed this down. Still Bruins need to adjust but they can’t. Monty looks like a frustrated guy with no answers at the most important time of the year

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
lineup for game 7 :
remove : maroon, brazeau, shattenkirk, jvr,
insert : lauko, ,heinen, gryzlyck, forbort.
7 d & 11 forwards.
need to take out the 4 players that need speed skating lessons, 12 year olds skate
faster then them.
no offensive zone time because forwards can't pressure toronto d on forcheck cuz
too slow.
forbort inserted for insurance that gryzlyck , or wotherspoon or lohrei can't handle
the game 7 moment.
swayman in net.

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
If this team loses game 7, I will refuse to watch them for 4 whole months! 😜
TBH the last 2 games have just been boring, bad hockey. I'm not sure if it's nerves, being scared, a passive game plan, but if that doesn't change there needs to be a rather large retooling of this team. 2 playoff proven centers (who can occasionally win a faceoff FFS), a no frills solid defending defender, and some role players who show up at crunch time. If we sneak into the playoffs next year because more of our players are "step in up come playoff time" type guys, I'd rather than than this crap of exceeding expectations in the regular season and then playing garbage hockey for stretches in the PO. Credit to Toronto for managing to suck slightly less than the Bruins these last 2 games, but it feels like amateur hour for most of the players on the ice for both teams.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You found out what they were made of in Game 5. They’re done.

And let’s be honest-either of these teams is easy pickings for Florida anyway.
Agreed.
After coming out at home in a game 6 and getting out shot 12-1 in the first.
That's when I knew the season was over the Bs.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
William Nylander is a heck of a hockey player. He's been the biggest difference maker since re-joining his team. Has heart and is consistently the best playoff performer of the Leafs' big 4. Have to credit Domi, Rielly and Knies too. They've dug deep for their side the last couple of games, and young Woll has been very good in net. The Bruins haven't worked him out at all.

The challenge magnifies for Boston now because Toronto essentially gets a free hit here. They've restored their pride, come back when they were essentially dead and buried, now have the relative freedom of being the road team for G7, knowing that as long as they don't get thumped a loss will still be bitter but far more bearable than it might otherwise have been. Keefe, for better or worse, might have saved his job even if they take the L. Perhaps it shouldn't be that way but perception is a funny thing.

So pretty much all the pressure is on the freefalling Bruins. This game could have significant career implications for a number of players, either in terms of whether they're still in Boston next year (like a Geekie), their legacy as a leader (Marchand), their future role in the team (Zacha and Coyle), or the size of the burden they'll bear to restore the team's credibility (Pasta and McAvoy). Same goes for the coach and I'd wager not a single assistant should feel safe either. So big stakes, weirdly so for a first round, but here we are.

Win or lose this one, I hope the players at least re-find their identity and boldness and will to compete. Go down swinging and I'll accept it. Failure to at least do that would be very very disappointing.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
marchand coyle pasta
debrusk zacka heinen
lauko geekie frederic
beecher boquist

mcavoy lindholm forbort
gryzlyck carlo lohrei
wootherspoon.

swayman

note: double shift pastrnak

Reactions: bob77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If this team loses game 7, I will refuse to watch them for 4 whole months! 😜
TBH the last 2 games have just been boring, bad hockey. I'm not sure if it's nerves, being scared, a passive game plan, but if that doesn't change there needs to be a rather large retooling of this team. 2 playoff proven centers (who can occasionally win a faceoff FFS), a no frills solid defending defender, and some role players who show up at crunch time. If we sneak into the playoffs next year because more of our players are "step in up come playoff time" type guys, I'd rather than than this crap of exceeding expectations in the regular season and then playing garbage hockey for stretches in the PO. Credit to Toronto for managing to suck slightly less than the Bruins these last 2 games, but it feels like amateur hour for most of the players on the ice for both teams.
Blow it up.
Bruins have never had a blue line this weak and beatable. Never. Always been a strength for them

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
marchand coyle pasta
debrusk zacka heinen
lauko geekie frederic
beecher boquist

mcavoy lindholm forbort
gryzlyck carlo lohrei
wootherspoon.

swayman

note: double shift pastrnak
Carlo has been good. The rest if the D have been ass.
Lohrei the rookie gets a pass.
McAvoy ain't what we thought he was.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Marchand-Coyle-debrusk
Frederick-Zacha-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-lauko
Maroon-Beecher-boquist

Maybe swap lauko and Boquist as Lauko can’t score and Boquist has been ok.

You can’t have maroon braz and jvr in the same line up against the leafs just way to slow. Pick one.

Reactions: Gordoff and GoBs

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
The 1st period will be telling. If they come out again and get less than 3 or 4 shots, even if it's tied I will accept the fact they will lose.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
What's interesting to me is before the series started everyone said the Toronto defense and goaltending was a weakness that could be exploited.
It was true, but they finally bought into playing defense ever since Matthews was out. Makes you wonder if he plays game 7 do they revert back to lackadaisical defense. Woll is definitely playing better than Sammy. He is actually swallowing up rebounds, Sammy was not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The other thing that pisses me off royally is they are wasting solid goalie performances. The tenders , as good as they are, cant hold the fort every single game. They’ve delivered their end of the bargain every game this series. A bonafide chance to win.

What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad