Value of: Scoring FWD to Anaheim

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
When you say Bean ++ it is assumed you are suggesting him as the best piece, which would result in laughter and a hang up.

Do you guys realize how little desire a team has to move their franchise player who is signed to a very team friendly long term deal, and who they have absolutely no reason to trade barring an offer too good to refuse? Sorry but bringing up Bean suggests you haven't put a slight bit of thought into this from Anaheim's perspective.
Bean is the high-end NHL-ready asset that would be available. I named him because I would pretty much guarantee he'd be in the deal if it happened. Forwards? Suzuki, Gunler, Drury, Rees, Puistola...? Goalies? Kochetkov? I don't see much value having a goalie on 'team-friendly' deal when his team likely spends the majority of his prime seasons rebuilding.

Your immediately defensive response suggests that you're wound far too tight. Maybe come in a little less combative next time. Clearly I'm not a fan of either team, so I obviously have no bias either way.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Bean is the high-end NHL-ready asset that would be available. I named him because I would pretty much guarantee he'd be in the deal if it happened. Forwards? Suzuki, Gunler, Drury, Rees, Puistola...? Goalies? Kochetkov? I don't see much value having a goalie on 'team-friendly' deal when his team likely spends the majority of his prime seasons rebuilding.

Your immediately defensive response suggests that you're wound far too tight. Maybe come in a little less combative next time. Clearly I'm not a fan of either team, so I obviously have no bias either way.

If you think terrible trade suggestions for a team's franchise player are going to be well received, you are in the wrong place. None of that collection of stuff you mentioned gets a conversation started on Gibson.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Unless Bean plays the right side, the Ducks would likely want someone else. Lindholm and Fowler will be the top two on the left and majority of the Ducks prospects/young guys outside of Drysdale play the left side (Mahura, Larsson, Thrun, Benoit). They are thin on RHD behind Drysdale. The only guy tracking as a top line forward right now is Zegras (unknown if it'll be at wing or C) and maybe Comtois. Rakell will also be a decent top liner again if there is a star to play with if he isn't traded before then. Goalie is hopefully covered by Dostal (looking good in every league he's played in recently).

So the Ducks needs if they make a trade will be high picks and guys that have a chance of being top line forwards and maybe RHD. They can also take back a short term goalie contract if necessary to be a stop gap until Dostal is ready. But again, the forward/pick combo would have to be good enough to entertain trading the franchise goalie. It's more likely the Ducks hold on to Gibson until (if) Dostal is ready to take over the net.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Lu
Ducks need more than just Zegras if they are serious in competing. They need a 1C or top line winger, which is why they were big on Dubois.
Lucky you to lose that trade opportunity. Imagine parting with Zegras or Drysdale or your 2021 1st unprotected for him as part of the package going the other way. Barf.

That isn’t a deal that gets done around a Rackell and Silverberg. Would have cost an asset you didn’t want to lose.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
no. then we start losing games 6-3 instead of losing them 2-1 or winning them 2-0.
well, for your fans sake what would they rather whatch a 2-1 game or 6-3 game, as a leaf fan we just want to win no matter how and well you guys if you don't score no one wants to watch your games...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
well, for your fans sake what would they rather whatch a 2-1 game or 6-3 game, as a leaf fan we just want to win no matter how and well you guys if you don't score no one wants to watch your games...
oh because getting scored on 6 times each game and getting one or 2 extra goals a game and still losing is for sure worth it... jesus lol

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
oh because getting scored on 6 times each game and getting one or 2 extra goals a game and still losing is for sure worth it... jesus lol
my original post was if you want scoring the leafs might help here as we have a few, and i said how about gibson, obviously you would be getting freddy back in a package, anyway i digress, moving on

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
my original post was if you want scoring the leafs might help here as we have a few, and i said how about gibson, obviously you would be getting freddy back in a package, anyway i digress, moving on

The Ducks already made their choice between Gibson and Andersen and I think they’re pretty content with their decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad