Value of: Scoring FWD to Anaheim

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If you ignore the scoring part, Compher is available for the right price.

And guess what, today is your lucky day! That price is... *insert whatever you want here*

Congrats, you just earned yourself a new forward!

*Final Sale. No refunds or exchanges.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I've heard rakell is available. Maybe a 3 way deal where MTL gets thrown an extra pick? Seems like everyone would be happy with that.

Reactions: Trojans86

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I've heard rakell is available. Maybe a 3 way deal where MTL gets thrown an extra pick? Seems like everyone would be happy with that.

Why would the Ducks trade Rakell if the are looking for a scoring forward? Heck... if Rakell was really available... the Oilers would be interested.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Why would the Ducks trade Rakell if the are looking for a scoring forward? Heck... if Rakell was really available... the Oilers would be interested.
And why are habs being thrown a pick here?
I mean, sure but what are they giving up?

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
How much scoring are we talking about? There's going to be guys like Ennis waived pretty regularly this season. Is that enough?

Tyler Ennis, Brandon Pirri, Corey Perry and some similar guys are potential options.

I'd expect Anaheim doesn't want to spend much, if anything. So perhaps a cap dump that could bounce back with the Ducks? Capfriendly is tough to read this season. Do the Ducks have room to add salary for a reclamation project? Or maybe just sign Grabner?

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How much scoring are we talking about? There's going to be guys like Ennis waived pretty regularly this season. Is that enough?

Tyler Ennis, Brandon Pirri, Corey Perry and some similar guys are potential options.

I'd expect Anaheim doesn't want to spend much, if anything. So perhaps a cap dump that could bounce back with the Ducks? Capfriendly is tough to read this season. Do the Ducks have room to add salary for a reclamation project? Or maybe just sign Grabner?
We need about 5 top 6 forwards

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
The Ducks should be continuing a slow rebuild and not moving any futures for a scorer.

If they really want to compete for a playoff spot, due to Gibson’s stellar play, they could do a Vatanen for Henrique type trade. Manson makes the most sense, when he is closer to coming off IR.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Ducks should continue the rebuild but the Canes would probably part with Dzingle for cheap and he's usually 50pt player but hasn't found space in the Canes lineup.

Reactions: banks

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
"Buy modes" and "sell modes" don't really exist. Remember that when this team was on the precipice of becoming a major contender they traded away their third best forward, and the inverse tends to happen as well.
I personally would disagree. In our buy mode we brought in Henrique, Kessler, Bieksa, etc., and now in sell mode we moved guys like Kase and Ritchie. I will say that Rakell doesn't perfectly fit the sell mode concept because he is young still.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
now in sell mode we moved guys like Kase and Ritchie

I don't think either one was a sell-off.

Ritchie was for Heinen in a trade that was simply a change of scenery / mini-shakeup (two same aged players with different styles, swapped).

Kase did return futures, which is what you expect when selling off a player, but I don't think he gets moved if he didn't have major injury concerns.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
We need about 5 top 6 forwards

Haha, ouch.

Then I'd expect a waiver claim when someone worthwhile hits the wire. But trading for that much help mid season, especially this season, just won't happen.

Dzingle is a good one that @Stickpucker mentioned. Decent player that should come cheap. A rebuilding team should be after reclamation projects.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Ducks should continue the rebuild but the Canes would probably part with Dzingle for cheap and he's usually 50pt player but hasn't found space in the Canes lineup.
A 28 year old that has hit 50pts once is not exactly "usually 50pt player". He is a one time 50pt player, but his career average is a lot closer to the 29pts in 64 games he had last season.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I personally would disagree. In our buy mode we brought in Henrique, Kessler, Bieksa, etc., and now in sell mode we moved guys like Kase and Ritchie. I will say that Rakell doesn't perfectly fit the sell mode concept because he is young still.

Like Ghost said at least one of those wasn't a sell move and the other really isn't rebuild-specific, either. With those buy moves, the team also sold off Palmieri, Andersen and contemplated others like Fowler and Beleskey. All for contract related reasons, but like I said, there aren't hard and fast rules here. The team clearly needs some scoring help and it shouldn't surprise anyone if they get it.

I'm really unsure Rakell goes anywhere given that he hasn't already despite the age difference. And if you're saying his age isn't a problem, isn't it weird to think the team would be against picking up someone his age or younger?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Obviously Anaheim is looking since they were runner up in the Dubois trade. Wasting Gibson’s prime years, waiting for players to develop in the system is just not going to be good enough. Ducks will also have cap space to work this summer and next. Maybe go after someone like Barkov.

Right now the team is filled with too many middle six forwards who cannot give the consistency of a top line player.

Reactions: Sam Steel
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Ducks should be continuing a slow rebuild and not moving any futures for a scorer.

If they really want to compete for a playoff spot, due to Gibson’s stellar play, they could do a Vatanen for Henrique type trade. Manson makes the most sense, when he is closer to coming off IR.

I dunno about that. Just because a guy is a proven scorer(if its that) doesn't mean he can't be a long term fit. And if this team is a playoff team/contender in a few years then it's questionable how certain futures will help with that. Like next years second round pick might be five years away, you could part with that fairly comfortably.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I dunno about that. Just because a guy is a proven scorer(if its that) doesn't mean he can't be a long term fit. And if this team is a playoff team/contender in a few years then it's questionable how certain futures will help with that. Like next years second round pick might be five years away, you could part with that fairly comfortably.

Sure, but you aren’t getting a proven scorer for a 2nd rd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad