Value of: Scoring FWD to Anaheim

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
When Armia is healthy, I would consider Armia for a 1st. We can also talk sign/trade but if you want permission to have an extension in place before the trade, Price goes up

I feel the Habs can live without Armia with Perry in his spot right now. And not sure we can afford to keep him after this season
@HabsAddict

Apologies from me had my Habs handle wrong

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
@HabsAddict

Apologies from me had my Habs handle wrong

Accepted.

Also kudos that you went through to find the original poster and apologize.

BTW.....Armia is a physical beast but he's got sub par shooting and average vision. He's got exactly the same size as Josh Anderson but a fraction ov the offence. But....he can pot 20 if given the right line mates.

So what is his value? For us, 2.5 million as a 3rd/4th liner. On a trade without a contract, his value is higher to us then a trade for a 3rd. Someone values him enough and wants to sign him long term, we need a second to offset the playoff value to us.

If we were non playoff team then to us, his value is lower.

Trades are not straight lines.....

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Accepted.

Also kudos that you went through to find the original poster and apologize.

BTW.....Armia is a physical beast but he's got sub par shooting and average vision. He's got exactly the same size as Josh Anderson but a fraction ov the offence. But....he can pot 20 if given the right line mates.

So what is his value? For us, 2.5 million as a 3rd/4th liner. On a trade without a contract, his value is higher to us then a trade for a 3rd. Someone values him enough and wants to sign him long term, we need a second to offset the playoff value to us.

If we were non playoff team then to us, his value is lower.

Trades are not straight lines.....
Man enough to admit my Mistakes
Cheers

Reactions: HabsAddict

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
When Armia is healthy, I would consider Armia for a 1st. We can also talk sign/trade but if you want permission to have an extension in place before the trade, Price goes up

I feel the Habs can live without Armia with Perry in his spot right now. And not sure we can afford to keep him after this season

no team is sending a 1st for Armia and for sure not a team that is rebuilding and will have a high 1st. But dream on I guess

Reactions: Spazkat and dracom

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Henrique and Silver are bad contracts. Never understood why the GM just didn’t let them walk. ANA should be trading all their vets for picks and just get as many picks as possible. Rackell take what you can for him maybe a team might give you a late first as he hasn’t produced anything the last few years. Fowler would be your best bet for a good return just do it and rebuild.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Why would the Ducks trade Rakell if the are looking for a scoring forward? Heck... if Rakell was really available... the Oilers would be interested.
Oilers being interested and the Oilers actually doing something is 2 totally different thing.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
no team is sending a 1st for Armia and for sure not a team that is rebuilding and will have a high 1st. But dream on I guess
Armia is worth a late first, simply due to his puck proitection skills and size.

Look at what Colemen got in return...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The latest update on his recovery from an oblique injury was a week ago. Apparently he's right on track with the timeline set out for his recovery (six weeks) and should be ready to go around the start of March.

thanks for prompt courtesy reply
means while potentially useful thru next season, not good for immediate help as to Trouba down. comparable timetables.

Was hoping for a Buch + Strome package w/Manson possible $ the other way. NY would need futures -- pref picks -- for core of balance other way.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers being interested and the Oilers actually doing something is 2 totally different thing.

Last deadline, Holland trade two 2nds for AA and a pick for Mike Green. In the past we traded Hall for Larsson (and Eberle for Strome).... so shakeups aren't unexpected.

However the team needs a bonafide #1 goalie. Scoring is a super nice luxury.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Good luck finding a better asset than Armia in the trade market. What do you have on the table to trade with? Armia has been a 20 goal pace over the last 3 seasons. You looking for a 25+ or 30+ guy? Good luck with that
They could probably get Taylor Hall for the price you’re asking for Armia. Armia is worth a 2nd tops.

Reactions: Spazkat

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Henrique and Silver are bad contracts. Never understood why the GM just didn’t let them walk. ANA should be trading all their vets for picks and just get as many picks as possible. Rackell take what you can for him maybe a team might give you a late first as he hasn’t produced anything the last few years. Fowler would be your best bet for a good return just do it and rebuild.

You clearly do not know the Ducks situation.

Neither are bad contracts. Silfverberg is a 20-25 goal middle six winger with a stud 2-way game.
I have no problem at all paying him what he is making.
Henrique literally just had the best offensive season of his career on an anemic Ducks offense. He is maybe overpaid by 850k.

Armia is worth a late first, simply due to his puck proitection skills and size.

Look at what Colemen got in return...

Shit, I hope he gets a first as a rental. Because as a seller, the Ducks can get a ton of value for their players.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers don't need scoring forwards. They need a young guy that can be an effective third liner.

On the other hand, if Anaheim is shopping Gibson, I'd probably start looking at Carolina's prospects because their package is going to better than anyone else's.

Jake Bean ++

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Oilers don't need scoring forwards. They need a young guy that can be an effective third liner.

On the other hand, if Anaheim is shopping Gibson, I'd probably start looking at Carolina's prospects because their package is going to better than anyone else's.

Jake Bean ++

Is this a joke? Why on earth would Anaheim ever consider that? Bean is no where remotely close to a good enough centerpiece, and a LHD is the absolute last thing Anaheim needs at all.

Reactions: bernmeister

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is this a joke? Why on earth would Anaheim ever consider that? Bean is no where remotely close to a good enough centerpiece, and a LHD is the absolute last thing Anaheim needs at all.
I'm thinking one of Carolina's top F prospects, Bean and a high pick. So no, not a joke. More of a 'Carolina has a ridiculously loaded prospect cabinet and could outbid any team without hurting their core' suggestion.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm thinking one of Carolina's top F prospects, Bean and a high pick. So no, not a joke. More of a 'Carolina has a ridiculously loaded prospect cabinet and could outbid any team without hurting their core' suggestion.

When you say Bean ++ it is assumed you are suggesting him as the best piece, which would result in laughter and a hang up.

Do you guys realize how little desire a team has to move their franchise player who is signed to a very team friendly long term deal, and who they have absolutely no reason to trade barring an offer too good to refuse? Sorry but bringing up Bean suggests you haven't put a slight bit of thought into this from Anaheim's perspective.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Scoring forward? There is this guy Zegras. He’s interesting.

Ducks need more than just Zegras if they are serious in competing. They need a 1C or top line winger, which is why they were big on Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad