Value of: Scoring FWD to Anaheim

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Rangers are paying Shattenkirk 6 million dollars to play for another team. Ducks fans now know why lol. No way the Rangers bring him back.

I was thinking about Buch after you mentioned him. If he needs to move on, would love him in Anaheim. But are we looking to trade him?

That just blew my mind, Shattenkirk is making $10 mil this year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That just blew my mind, Shattenkirk is making $10 mil this year.

Its been really disappointing for me. Seeing him on the Rangers and Ducks. I am getting a double deuce of Shattenkirk. I also defended him thinking he could be a huge asset, but then again he doesn’t have a Norris trophy winner to babysit him either. lol

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
James Neal scored 19 in 57GP last year. Just sayin :)

Neal + Puljujarvi

We can even throw in Turris and his 30pts if ANA wants

Oilers need help in net and on D.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Fact, not opinion:
31 goals over his last 120 games (age 25-27). 21 goal per 82 game pace in injury seasons (16 min a game)

6'-3", 214 lbs. Soft hands and a big strong boy with a good shot. He's worth more than you think

Fact - if he was actually any good you would keep him for a playoff run instead of dumping him in a season where you have a shot to contend.

Armia, Romanov for Ducks 1st is more in the ballpark

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fact - if he was actually any good you would keep him for a playoff run instead of dumping him in a season where you have a shot to contend.

Armia, Romanov for Ducks 1st is more in the ballpark

We probably won't trade him but right now, Perry is doing fine in his spot. Reason why I would consider trading him is we have depth in our taxi squad and we won't be able to afford Armia next year

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Fine. Good luck finding a 25+ goal guy in season on the trade market

You realize you talking to the guy that said this on the first page...
Ducks should not be looking to trade for anyone.

James Neal scored 19 in 57GP last year. Just sayin :)

Neal + Puljujarvi

We can even throw in Turris and his 30pts if ANA wants

Oilers need help in net and on D.

Manson if your guy, although I doubt the Oilers are interested in giving up any of the assets the Ducks would target with him. Broberg or Bouchard.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Fact, not opinion:
31 goals over his last 120 games (age 25-27). 21 goal per 82 game pace in injury seasons (16 min a game)

6'-3", 214 lbs. Soft hands and a big strong boy with a good shot. He's worth more than you think
He's not worth a top 5 pick lol. Especially when he's a UFA after this season. You can't go and claim someone who's never in a full season put up 20 goals as some certain 20 goal scorer. It's also hilarious that somehow this amazing goal scorer worth a 1st round pick from a lottery team is replaceable by the former shell of Corey Perry.

The facts show the most he's scored in any season is 16. The facts show he's never put up more than 30 points in a season. The facts show that literally in no reality is a player like that worth a 1st round pick from a lottery team. Hilarious that you think that price should go up to have permission to talk to him for an extension as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers are paying Shattenkirk 6 million dollars to play for another team. Ducks fans now know why lol. No way the Rangers bring him back.

I was thinking about Buch after you mentioned him. If he needs to move on, would love him in Anaheim. But are we looking to trade him?

I'd rather have quiet good soldier Shattenkirk at this pt and hope for a final push from him than have the distraction that is Deangelo. I thought Ducks might consider it different since while Drysdale was a nice add, he's a coupla yrs away and Nils L is possibly end of this yr.
Deangelo is close to surplus and I prefer to give our prospect LDs a real chance now with his mins.
ANA lacks those prospects, hence on paper a fit.

As for Shattenkirk getting bought out, I was for buying out Staal at the time and wanted to take a conditional 7th to move Namest instead of holding him on the roster while holding out for a 4th -- and a later one at that.
_________

As for Buch, like I've said, Kravtsov is here end of year
Barron likely next yr.

People are not listening to me.
We need to get down to a true core, w/couple of injury spares.
Too many vets taking up mins.
Have been saying that since before Namest.

Now in Buch's case, unlike Namest, he's developed and proven himself.
I'm not asking a premium on him, just close to full market value.
But taking on another vet is not likely a good fit.
Futures, however, are always bankable.

I understand Ducks need both guys like Buch and futures.
Pay some interest for delayed gratification by upping the return, and we can talk about pushing those futures into ... the future (in the case of picks).

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'd rather have quiet good soldier Shattenkirk at this pt and hope for a final push from him than have the distraction that is Deangelo. I thought Ducks might consider it different since while Drysdale was a nice add, he's a coupla yrs away and Nils L is possibly end of this yr.
Deangelo is close to surplus and I prefer to give our prospect LDs a real chance now with his mins.
ANA lacks those prospects, hence on paper a fit.

I think one of the problems with D'Angelo will be value. I think New York would value him more than Anaheim/most other teams. He only has 1 season of really producing and has not done anything positive this season (0 points for a guy that's offense first, second, and third is pretty bad, including being benched). Rangers are going to see the 50+ point d-man from last year while other teams are likely going to value him at what he's been before that and factor in the attitude issues/distractions he's had off the ice to lower his value. Talent/skill set-wise he'd definitely be a good add for Anaheim, just not sure if the price and the headaches/distractions are what a young team needs around them.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think the ducks and Habs should revisit our trade possibilities after the season when both teams have players entering the last year of their contracts next year . Being able to extend certain players could set us up to be great trade partners

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
"Buy modes" and "sell modes" don't really exist. Remember that when this team was on the precipice of becoming a major contender they traded away their third best forward, and the inverse tends to happen as well.

Buyers and Sellers exist at the trading deadline, the start of FA, and around the draft. Otherwise, teams are talking to try to just improve their teams if they talk trade.

People conflate this shit all the time... but being a seller doesn't mean you trade everything that isn't nailed down and being a buyer doesn't mean you drain your future assets down to nothing. And the "3-5 year rebuild?" That's a GM that wants a guaranteed 3 to 5 years of salary from an owner. You have to have patience and you can't toss out the baby with the bath water... but it really doesn't make sense that you have to suck for three years to be any good.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think one of the problems with D'Angelo will be value. I think New York would value him more than Anaheim/most other teams. He only has 1 season of really producing and has not done anything positive this season (0 points for a guy that's offense first, second, and third is pretty bad, including being benched). Rangers are going to see the 50+ point d-man from last year while other teams are likely going to value him at what he's been before that and factor in the attitude issues/distractions he's had off the ice to lower his value. Talent/skill set-wise he'd definitely be a good add for Anaheim, just not sure if the price and the headaches/distractions are what a young team needs around them.

Agree value must work for both, but disagree as to it being worth more for NYR than other teams. Reason:
1. we saw potential in this guy when we agreed to take him in the package swapping Raanta-Stepan and a pick.
2. our plan was to develop this potential, which on ice has happened to some extent, tho this guy is far from the best case scenario, turning into Scott Niedermayer version 2.0.
3. Along the way we got guys who are a lot better (Fox) or are better but not to be ignored, also provide a need (Trouba -- size/clears the crease).
4. Then we've now got a kid (Nils L) playing among men in Sweden and excelling. This player may be a potential star. We don't derail this guy for a lesser incumbent (Deangelo).
5. Hence Deangelo is now superfluous; also we added Schneider for 2-3 yrs down the road to cover RD further going forward.
6. There are 2 extreme paths and results could fall anywhere in between. If everything worked out well he could turn into Zubov lite. At the other end, he is a polarizing distraction.
7. At the right price he is worth it to a team that needs D, esp RD. He is 4.8 thru next season, which is not a lot of term. Rangers need to reduce the max demand that would normally be made seeking potential. This is not likely unreasonable as a norm b'c in normal non-covid environment, cap is not as strained, etc.; also Deangelo would have to protected or exposed to exp dr which reduces his value.
8. Fine, I've got Reunanen + Hajek for starters I need to see what they can contribute and want to give them minutes. I won't pay someone to take Deangelo but I will give him away for close to free.
9. A small bone for the extra yr is all that's being pressed for, as two conditional picks either won't apply in worst case scenario or if they do to top upper value means Deangelo succeeded in taking the next step to such a level you retained him.
10. In this instance the return would be a well past his prime Shattenkirk. Aside from 900k dif this yr and next [assuming Seattle does not take Dea.], this is also favoring Ducks to get younger more talented guy while remaining complementary to Rangers, who just need insurance/stopgap/limited mins reserve from the right guy.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why do Rangers fans keep offering Buchnevich? Seems like he's young enough to grow with the core and still has upside.

True.
But longer term we have Kravtsov and Barron who project to be better and are elcs. Hence salary cap mgmt. Buch is more than reasonable, if not a bargain, at 3.25 w/rfa status. And right now, he isn't taking mins from those other guys, tho that will change soon.
On top of that, we lucked out w/Laf 1OA; obv he gets max mins.
And less obvious, we acquired Gauthier late last yr. I don't want him denied a full opportunity to max our return investing in him.

So while Buch like everyone else has to temper immediate/short term salary demands due to covid, 4-5 yrs out and beyond, if he continues to grow and produce which appears likely, he will want to get paid.

So unlike Deangelo who I want to rush out the door, Buch it is just a ? of is someone willing to put enough on the table now, and if yes, why wait?
Buch we are not looking for overpay/premium, just full/upper end of legit market value, pref in futures.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Fact, not opinion:

You can go on about "pace" all you want, but the reality is he has never hit 20 goals and has only even hit 30 points once.

And that's before you get to the part where the "pace" sounds so much better because he's constantly injured. There was a single year where he came close to a full season, but for the most part you're not getting more than 50 something games out of him

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Milano is day-to-day, and he's free. The Ducks are rebuilding. This is not the time for them to be buying. Maybe next year when Zegras joins and you'll see what the team needs are at that point.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Milano is day-to-day, and he's free. The Ducks are rebuilding. This is not the time for them to be buying. Maybe next year when Zegras joins and you'll see what the team needs are at that point.

I agree some times may be more opportune than others.
I don't agree to extent that therefore, you stop looking for profitable moves, esp build moves that a rebuilding team needs.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I really think Anaheim and Montreal should hook up after the expansion draft . We will be willing to over pay on lindholm and provide some quality players and futures for your rebuild .

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I really think Anaheim and Montreal should hook up after the expansion draft . We will be willing to over pay on lindholm and provide some quality players and futures for your rebuild .

I can’t see Lindholm being moved unless he makes it clear he is not resigning. He is priority #1. He and Gibson are the two best players on the Ducks.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Buying is fine but should only be looking a younger impact players to help build their core. It was good to hear they were at least a finalist for Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad