OT: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Three

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
anyone familiar with Gibson's work? started a reread of Neuromancer and was wondering if/when the short stories..ie Johnny Mnemonic takes place and if they should be read before the Sprawl Trilogy

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
i have yet...to be disappointed in an episode of Strange New Worlds
Pike was great in Discovery and on his own away from the baggage of that show he's even better. The rest of the cast is very good as well. The callbacks/references without being nostalgia-bait and able to make the show stand on its own.

I also find it amusing that the pilot/helm reminds me of Vinny Delpino from Doogie Howser.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Obi-wan...

didn't love it..didn't hate it..not what i was expecting..can't say i like Leia or the Third Sister

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Obi-wan...

didn't love it..didn't hate it..not what i was expecting..can't say i like Leia or the Third Sister
Whose idea was it to give the slowest child in the world two on foot chase scenes? And stunts?!

The acting was surprisingly good. But those action sequences were really bad. Can’t fault the actor for working with what they’re given. Just being set up to fail.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am far behind....do I have to watch Mando S2 before watching Boba Fett?

Wife wants to watch Mando S2 with me but doesn't care about BF.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Whose idea was it to give the slowest child in the world two on foot chase scenes? And stunts?!

The acting was surprisingly good. But those action sequences were really bad. Can’t fault the actor for working with what they’re given. Just being set up to fail.

The way obi-wan and the Inquisitor moved on the roof and down the walls felt like trying to justify having to knock random objects over with the force in Jedi: Fallen Order just to cross a 10 foot gap lol

hell for that matter the 'forest chase' and the OMG it's slightly ELEVATED TREE ROOT MUST FIND NEW PATH! reminded me a lot of playing that game as well

Last edited:

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Didn't love it..Didn't hate it..somethings about it I liked..some I didn't..

It's no Mando from sure and it seems they are doing some soft retconning

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Kinda really hate what they're doing with this so far. Ep. 2 was better than Ep. 1. I guess that's something? All of that could have been one episode though. The talk with Owen, ONE sequence with Obi-wan's life on Tatooine (do I need to watch this man cut off a chunk of sushi for himself three times!?!?!?), then straight to Jimmy Smits (please for the love of god cut out all of the Alderaan stuff), and then onto Bladerunner to introduce Leia and the baddies. Casting is also a problem. Nanjiani? f***ing Flea? Come on, it's just distracting. I'm not sold on little Leia, and that jedi bro was awful. Stunts and the action sequences were underwelming as well.

Things I did like. I didn't expect to see Leia in this and as much as I hated the Alderaan stuff I didn't mind it so much on Bladerunner or Daiyu or whatever. I really like the idea of a charlatan jedi, but it was barely sketched out and very underwhelming. There are some ideas in this, but they seem terribly underdeveloped and I can't possibly wrap my head around why. They had years to write this.

I still have no idea how they're going to make HC work. Is he not going to wear his mask?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad