OT: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Three

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Finally some official news on Kenobi

See exclusive first look photos of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

Still not sold on Obi Wan leaving Tattooine but we will see how it all plays out. Im assuming one of the inquisitors finds out about him so he has to hunt them down and kill them before they can report his location.

One thing about all of these Disney+ Star Wars shows is that the set design and costumes always look super cheap, nothing looks like it is actually what people live in. These pictures give me the same vibe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Finally some official news on Kenobi

See exclusive first look photos of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

Still not sold on Obi Wan leaving Tattooine but we will see how it all plays out. Im assuming one of the inquisitors finds out about him so he has to hunt them down and kill them before they can report his location.

So this series is supposedly taking place like 10 years after Revenge of the Sith, which puts it like 8 or 9 years before Star Wars (A New Hope)

So umm is Obi-Wan going to fight a force witch or sith who sucks out his life force or something? Cuz damn he AGED HARD in those 8 or 9 years between this and Star Wars.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
So this series is supposedly taking place like 10 years after Revenge of the Sith, which puts it like 8 or 9 years before Star Wars (A New Hope)

So umm is Obi-Wan going to fight a force witch or sith who sucks out his life force or something? Cuz damn he AGED HARD in those 8 or 9 years between this and Star Wars.
Yeah I figured they would have made him look a little older, died his hair etc.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

1d1c5395d6118fbb9da0b868fdd31c1adde10c74b0551c7fb33e415e67b6ba73_1.jpg

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
One Kenobi leak that I am begging to not be true is (potential spoilers about the inquisitors)
that Rupert Friend seems rumoured to be the Grand Inquisitor, what the f***, Jason Isaacs is right there. Hes a better actor, looks similar to the character and just as menacing, and was the original voice of the character.

And of course the trailer shows they went and did just that. f***ing hell. Sung kang seems terribly miscast as well. Just what is going on over at Lucasfilm

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
dunno..i am a lil excited..still has a ways to go to beat Mando

Is that inquisitor base the one from Jedi: Fallen Order
That gets destroyed/flooded out?

Fallen Order takes place a few years before this so it would have been repaired I guess. Would be cool to see Cal Kestis appear in this series, maybe that's how BD ends up on Tatooine.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
dunno..i am a lil excited..still has a ways to go to beat Mando

I'm truthfully mixed on how good the trailer is from an objective POV, but honestly...anything Obi-Wan with Ewan is A+

I love that I'm alive during the streaming era. A show like this is even possible thanks to this! AH!

Also, Duel of Fates...YASSHHSHSHSHS

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
STORMLIGHT 5 PROLOGUE, BITCHES

Just a first draft, but still.

Its great that we spend 4 books hearing about how Gavilar is this larger than life figure with intricate plans and is in contact with all these incredible people, yet here we see how much of a moron he really is who had absolutely no idea who he was dealing with. A complete pawn of greater forces

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If there are any "Gaters" here, you may be interested to know that Pluto TV added all 3 Stargate series (In full) and all the Stargate movies today

View attachment 517458

With the MGM acquisition part of me desperately wants Amazon to revive Stargate with a new series, but an equal part of me just doesn't want it because I have no faith in it being good.

Sadly, after watching how Star Trek has been butchered by CBS Its probably best not to see a revival of Stargate franchise for fear, it could end up with similar fate

Reactions: trostol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

I don’t agree with the comment from the user, and didn’t feel like tracking down the actual trailer.

I was unaware they were making a movie on the legend of Zelda, but everything but the people look like it’s 100% cgi, including gannons face. This looks terrible.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I don’t agree with the comment from the user, and didn’t feel like tracking down the actual trailer.

I was unaware they were making a movie on the legend of Zelda, but everything but the people look like it’s 100% cgi, including gannons face. This looks terrible.

That looks terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad