OT: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Three

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Who does that when you're getting shot at?
One of the worst characters in all of Star Wars. Same with the other Mods.

They made Jar Jar look badass.

Did you see that I commented on it while I was watching? :laugh: I had every intention of waiting until I finished the ep before coming in here, but I couldn't stand it. The f*** were they thinking?
No, I avoided this thread while watching the show, just in case. Haven’t gone back to read previous pages but I can imagine. :laugh:

I knew the show was going to be awful from the start, just based on the dialog and first couple of episodes. But my god… it just got worse and worse, with a small obvious exception. The last episode might be the worst of them all.
do two giant turret droids miss people standing still, slowly moving from side to side, or running in a straight line so often? I understand they have plot armor but come the f*** on. The show felt like a fan made YouTube series on one of those special effects channels.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

No, I avoided this thread while watching the show, just in case. Haven’t gone back to read previous pages but I can imagine. :laugh:

I knew the show was going to be awful from the start, just based on the dialog and first couple of episodes. But my god… it just got worse and worse, with a small obvious exception. The last episode might be the worst of them all.
do two giant turret droids miss people standing still, slowly moving from side to side, or running in a straight line so often? I understand they have plot armor but come the f*** on. The show felt like a fan made YouTube series on one of those special effects channels.

More than that

How do you not scatter and regroup somewhere? Also, why did the droid just stand there and shoot the wall, rather than kicking it down?

Seriously, it felt like an old-school D&D module where the monsters did the dumbest thing possible while the PCs come up with tactics to defeat them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
More than that

How do you not scatter and regroup somewhere? Also, why did the droid just stand there and shoot the wall, rather than kicking it down?

Seriously, it felt like an old-school D&D module where the monsters did the dumbest thing possible while the PCs come up with tactics to defeat them.
Yeah, you could spend all day picking apart insane decisions and plot holes that made zero sense.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

The basic incompetence in the conception and especially execution of that final episode was shocking, even when you know what a hack Robert Rodriguez is. I haven't been as outraged about the fan service in the films and series as most people, just because I think there are so many problems with them that it's pointless to focus too much on one thing, but you would think that the Star Wars team might have heard how sick people are of it (the fan service) and try to avoid it or use some finesse.

The worry I have with the Obi Wan series is that it will be similarly unnecessary - like, what is going to be the point of it? I'm going into it with an open mind, but I can't help wondering if we need to know more about his time spent in the desert. Like get to the High Republic and the Sith and everything already, you know?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
More than that

They spent more time and effort with Amy Sedaris "being funny" than they did making any of it look good. It pisses me off more and more the more I think of it lolz

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The basic incompetence in the conception and especially execution of that final episode was shocking, even when you know what a hack Robert Rodriguez is. I haven't been as outraged about the fan service in the films and series as most people, just because I think there are so many problems with them that it's pointless to focus too much on one thing, but you would think that the Star Wars team might have heard how sick people are of it (the fan service) and try to avoid it or use some finesse.

The worry I have with the Obi Wan series is that it will be similarly unnecessary - like, what is going to be the point of it? I'm going into it with an open mind, but I can't help wondering if we need to know more about his time spent in the desert. Like get to the High Republic and the Sith and everything already, you know?
I don’t care about fan service at all, so long as it’s well done. This whole show was just lazy.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
More than that

The entire battle sequence felt like some crap right out of a video game.

Including the endlessly spawning adds triggered by your character approaching a specific point on the map and who decide for whatever reason to only show in groups of 3 or 4 and then get wiped out and then respawn in another group of 3 or 4. Instead of all of them just mass charging and overpowering the defenders at one point.

Then you got the superdroids where your character needs to exploit the 'weak points' in order to defeat.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
38FBC605-DABF-4A08-BDFE-422C80DDC51F.jpeg

this f***ing website is attempting to justify the spin. Book Of Boba Fett: Why The Mod Did That Unnecessary Spin Move.

If he spins to scan the surroundings, congratulations he looked point blank into a wookie, and then a wall. He saw nothing.

You can’t get an enemy of surprise if the element of surprise is used on you to catch you somehow completely unaware in the middle of a battle.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Star Wars Reportedly De-Aging Hayden Christensen for Obi-Wan Kenobi

Gives me bad vibes. So completely unnecessary, he doesnt look that old just use makeup. Uncanny deaging is just going to hinder the performance, poor guy cant catch a break lmao, first he had to say Georges corny dialogue and now his face is going to be plastered with cgi, just let the man act. That on top of a bunch of rumoured things like
multiple inquisitors and jedi
has me increasingly worried about the state of this show.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
Last week I finally finished the Wheel of Time Book series. I thought the last book "Memory of Light" was incredible.
I had read the first 9 books from 2000-2001. I thought books 1-6 were great, 7-9 a bit of a slog.
I read book 10 not too long after it came out. I hated it at the time.... but I'll have to reconsider it after I reread the series.
At that point, I was into classic literature and sort of annoyed that Jordan was dragging out plot points.

But, a couple of years ago I committed to finally finishing the series. I read summaries of books 1-10 then I read 11-14.

The ending of the series was great.... maybe my favorite fantasy novel ever.

Let;s not talk about the woke amazon series though......

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad