Post-Game Talk: "Scheifele wins the draw, Ladd shoots it high!" And other ref stories. Jets fall 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
I missed the game winner but from what I saw Pavs gave up terrible goal and one one bad goal. The 2nd was on the whole team. Throw in some poor defensive play and utterly terrible reffing and you have a recepie for a disappointing loss.

Scheifele looked fantastic at least.

One would have to imagine Monty will get the start on Friday and if he does, I hope he plays well because I'm going to the game. :)

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Reffing was beyond awful and Pavs was doing his usual over-committing on shots. Seriously guy, you don't have to slide 20 feet out of your net on every save. :shakehead

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
That's as bad as the Jets get under Maurice, and they lose by 1. It's going to happen - it's just too bad that it was probably preventable. And how did they come out so bad to start the third?

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Did you even see this game? Pavelec powersliding like a bad 80's Metal band's front man.

Pavelec wasn't good, neither was the defense. Trouba was bad, Bogosian was bad, Stuart was Stuart and the bottom pairing of course once again was so bad that they pretty much didn't play at all the last 10 minutes. Out of 6 defensemen I could say one had an okay game.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I'm gonna guess no one except maybe about 4 other people noticed Trouba was bad defensively? :laugh:

sometimes i feel i'm the only one that sees the glaring holes in some of his performances. granted i also see incredible potential to be a dominating d-man, and he is only 19.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He hasn't been good for a while, but he's still in the honeymoon period with this fanbase right now. People are looking at his points and that's it.

This game really stood out. He hadn't been playing well, but he was just straight bad tonight. Our defensive zone play as a whole was weak against an offensively challenged team.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Everyone played well tonight in my opinion.....except Pavs. You can't let in 4 (plus 1 dis) and still expect a win.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
God Damn I wish we had tied it there. Montoya definitly starts the next one.

I'm not the best judge, but I thought Enstrom actually had a pretty good game today, I'd point fingers at NoGo his partner instead.

No need to point fingers at either, they were easily the best pairing.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
This topic was missing on headline.Pavelec is horrible.Come on coach why would you sit Montoya when he played the way he did the other night.This was a terrible game decision by our new coach.

White Out 403*

Pavelec wasn't good, neither was the defense. Trouba was bad, Bogosian was bad, Stuart was Stuart and the bottom pairing of course once again was so bad that they pretty much didn't play at all the last 10 minutes. Out of 6 defensemen I could say one had an okay game.

You don't consider limiting the opposition to 25 shots a good night defensively? Just curious,

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm gonna guess no one except maybe about 4 other people noticed Trouba was bad defensively? :laugh:

Nah he's had a few games like that though. To be expected somewhat in his position though. Nothing he's done looks glaring to me.

Enstrom also struggled early, but I felt he got better as the game went on.

Solid enough game from Stu as well.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Pavelec is a starter on a playoff team in my opinion. Of course, I'm thinking of the Ice Caps, but the point holds true.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Just wanna point out, since it seems lost on some people. Just because Pavelec only faced 25 shots doesn't mean he lost us the game. Not all shots are of the same quality.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
This game really stood out. He hadn't been playing well, but he was just straight bad tonight. Our defensive zone play as a whole was weak against an offensively challenged team.

Stu was a HUGE part of that - the second goal was started with him hanging 8 out to dry

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So once again people pile on Pavelec when the defensive coverage didn't exactly do him favors. Maybe Montoya would have played better, maybe he wouldn't have. He isn't a godsend.

17 Al Montoya WPG 16 13 9 4 1 438 33 2.22 405 .925
59 O Pavelec WPG 41 41 16 20 4 1202 118 2.97 1084 .902

..and that is before Ondrej's 4 GAA and .840 sv% in this game.

I do have faith that Maurice won't just blindly play Pavelec over and over though. I just hope that Monty grabs the bull by the horns. Wait, his line shows he has already.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This topic was missing on headline.Pavelec is horrible.Come on coach why would you sit Montoya when he played the way he did the other night.This was a terrible game decision by our new coach.

HAVE TO AGREE, new guy. monty earned and deserved the start, pavs was crap against the leafs

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Everyone played well tonight in my opinion.....except Pavs. You can't let in 4 (plus 1 dis) and still expect a win.

I didn't think anyone had an good game outside of Scheifele and maybe Wheeler, I don't know why everyone is piling this entire loss on Pavelec. I only ever thought the Jets could tie it up when Scheifele was on the ice(and even then, his line had Thorburn on it, the flurry at around the 3:00 mark actually ended because he passed it off the side of the net, not because the Preds stole it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad