Post-Game Talk: "Scheifele wins the draw, Ladd shoots it high!" And other ref stories. Jets fall 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
What does Fenwick/Corsi have to do with puck possession time? Nashville schooled us in the 1st and 2nd periods. We had no business being in that game and IMO were very fortunate to come out of the 2nd period tied up at 3. I fail to put blame on Pavs and the refs as many here have.

Interesting. I saw it more like the Fenwick shows it. Possession was slightly in favour of Nash after two. Didn't see a schooling. In fact I thought they were two pretty even teams.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting. I saw it more like the Fenwick shows it. Possession was slightly in favour of Nash after two. Didn't see a schooling. In fact I thought they were two pretty even teams.

I thought the 1st period was very one sided. It seemed to me that the Preds were in our zone most of the period passing at will while the Jets were chasing them around. Jets had a very tough time breaking through the neutral zone and the puck seemed to be bouncing around a lot. The 2nd period started much the same as the 1st but as the period evolved we got better IMO. But, I still give the 2nd to the Preds. At the time I felt we were very lucky to be tied after 2. The refs blew a few calls and Pavs wasn't great but I thought the better team won in the end.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Essensa was an above average goalie with the Jets

Useless fun fact: Bob Essensa's 0.910 save percentage in 1991-92 is still the best single season save percentage in Jets 1.0 + 2.0 history. Pretty remarkable when you consider the average save percentage that year was 0.888

Why the hell did Tabaracci start all the games in the playoffs that year? Stupid Paddock. :rant: There must have been some backstory that I'm missing.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Do we seriously have 4 different threads with goaltender discussions going?

Should we really be surprised? :rolleyes:

He's played a quarter of the games a regular starter would play. At what point to people start giving him credit?

I love how folks (not you specifically) defend Pavelec to the ends of the earth even though he has had a GIGANTIC amount of games to prove he is one of the worst NHL starters in the past 10 years, but will not give Montoya any credit for the impressive numbers he has so far.

Yet the second Montoya doesn't play lights out these same people are absolutely roasting him. It makes no sense at all.

He was just put into the same sentence as 3 olympic goalies... How can anyone take THAT seriously? :laugh:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Useless fun fact: Bob Essensa's 0.910 save percentage in 1991-92 is still the best single season save percentage in Jets 1.0 + 2.0 history. Pretty remarkable when you consider the average save percentage that year was 0.888

Why the hell did Tabaracci start all the games in the playoffs that year? Stupid Paddock. :rant: There must have been some backstory that I'm missing.

haha that's just sad

also sad is my memory failing regarding that Cauncks series

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
haha that's just sad

also sad is my memory failing regarding that Cauncks series

Ok, now it's going to bug me. Why, John Paddock, why?

Brb, going to check newspaperarchive.com. EDIT: For anyone who cares, apparently Essensa was injured late in the season and Tabaracci had played well in relief. Mystery solved.

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
What does Fenwick/Corsi have to do with puck possession time? Nashville schooled us in the 1st and 2nd periods. We had no business being in that game and IMO were very fortunate to come out of the 2nd period tied up at 3. I fail to put blame on Pavs and the refs as many here have.

A lot. It's actually part of the purpose of Corsi... It's a close estimate to puck possession time.

Corsi vs puck possession:
TOA_vs._Corsi_medium.png

*This is measuring time in attack zone (time on attack), which is similar to puck possession.
* Aside: this was from an experiment done after Carlyle said their TOA wasn't similar to their Corsi because they were being selective in their shots... turns out he was wrong

Also does well to estimate scoring chances:
Hurricane%20season.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad